Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Republicans to Pelosi: Prove Your Case or Apologize to CIA

Kilmer17

It has nothing to do with political party. If you want to debate whether Waterboarding or other methods are torture, that is for another thread.

And people say the Tailgate has lost it's sense of humor. This thread is 75% about political party. Look at who's saying what and their posting history. Anyone who ignores the "politics" of this is really preying politics.

More, you can't seperate issues because it's convenient. Why they are lying, what they are lying about, and what conditions created/preceded the lie are very important. This is one of those very few issues where absolutely everyone is in the wrong and everyone is doing their damndest to stink less.

And people say the Tailgate has lost it's sense of humor. This thread is 75% about political party. Look at who's saying what and their posting history. Anyone who ignores the "politics" of this is really preying politics.
I just find it enjoyable to see those who bashed Bush for 8 years either disappear, or use ridiculous argument to try to deflect the blame when one of their own is found to have blood on her hands. As if one entire party has merely been a bystander for the last 8 years.

I actually agree. I find it shameful and said so at the beginning of this thread how Pelosi has acted if she lied (which I suspect she did). The evil of inaction is nearly as bad as the evil of action.

If Pelosi believed that torture was wrong, knew about it, did nothing, and then railed against it for political points that is scummy. In a sense it may even be scummier than those who chose to torture in the first place, because at least they felt their ends justified their means.

Simultaneously, I do not think that those who acted are without guilt. Their decisions ultimately caused the lie that Pelosi made and they are a conspirator to it as much as Pelosi is now seemingly a conspirator to torture.

In other words, this whole situation stinks and there is no one who has clean hands. Shame on all who knew and acted dispicably.

Leahy can leak classified material (over and over and over and over) about real terrorists and operations and let reporters just peruse his documents and was momentarily demoted..

Biden can leak clasified material on the safehouse locations that cost so much to build and not a peep.

Hatch can go on t.v. several times and get frustrations from the White House.

I read somewhere the administration "went to 8 people" because previously each Congressional briefing was making the news.

but Pelosi can't leak classified material that could be illegal without getting into trouble.

(i'm not following the logic behind this).

Could we point out since IRAN CONTRA: and the letter that must be signed now to see classified docs: Who exactly has been arrested or even slightly irritated after being caught disclosing classified information? I've read about a "staffer" and that was disputed.

So based on Historical evidence: Pelosi could have faxed the briefing to the Washington Post and fixed it same day with no repercussions.

Man this thread became a train wreck. Can we please avoid the personal insults? Takes away from a good discussion

Somebody in this thread made it personal, and I don't think it was me. But to the extent it was, I apologize.

Whoops.

Now Newt Gingrich says that Nancy Pelosi should resign.

"She charged that the CIA, deliberately and as a matter of policy, violated the law by lying to Congress," Gingrich writes in the column. "And with that allegation, Speaker Pelosi disqualified herself from the office she holds."

"Speaker Pelosi has damaged America's safety," Gingrich also writes. "She's made America less secure by sending a signal to the men and women defending our country that they can't count on their leaders to defend them."

In an interview on ABC Wednesday, Gingrich elaborated on his comments, saying CIA agents aren't likely to trust Pelosi with sensitive information going forward given her allegation.

"If you were a CIA agent today and you were told to brief Nancy Pelosi, how could you have any sense of confidence in telling her anything?" Gingrich said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/20/gingrich-says-time-for-pelosi-to-resign/

So then. If (as Pelosi claims) the CIA mislead her or omitted information in its briefing, she isn't supposed to say anything about it because that hurts national security. If she tires to "prove her case" that the CIA misled her, she hurts national security.

Her job is to go the briefings, get the information, and keep her mouth shut. Just like she did in 2003.

National security requires it. That's her job. According to Newt.

By the way, I couldn't care less if you believe me or not. You can kissmyss. Back in the 90's I met half the members of Congress at some function or other. Not a big deal if you live in this city, I can assure you. Speaking of inept Democrat female leaders, I was even less impressed with Patricia Schroeder who was purposely seated next to me at a luncheon while mischief makers watched laughing and covering their mouths from across the room. I'd rather spend the afternoon with Bin Laden than make small talk with that woman again.

(P.S. You will probably hit Google again and drop the bombshell that Publius isn't an actual person and that James Madison really wrote the Federalist Papers... you lonely schmuck. Google isn't your friend. In your case, it's only subtracting from your enlightenment. Say, is there enough room in Saddam's hidey hole so you can fit in there with the rest of your buddies? I'm sure we could get you wi-fi and cable down there.)

We always allow heated discussion within context- but I this is pretty far beyond that. And you've been around long enough to know better.

Over the next 2 weeks take some very deep breaths.

• 1 month later...

I know there is a thread on this - but its fun to bump up old threads filled with OUTRAGE!!!! This is fun to read over again this morning. Enjoy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31808054/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

CIA Director Leon Panetta told Congress last month that senior CIA officials have concealed significant actions and misled lawmakers repeatedly since 2001, the chairman and other members of the House Intelligence Committee said in letters revealed Wednesday

Whoops.

Now Newt Gingrich says that Nancy Pelosi should resign.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/20/gingrich-says-time-for-pelosi-to-resign/

So then. If (as Pelosi claims) the CIA mislead her or omitted information in its briefing, she isn't supposed to say anything about it because that hurts national security. If she tires to "prove her case" that the CIA misled her, she hurts national security.

Her job is to go the briefings, get the information, and keep her mouth shut. Just like she did in 2003.

National security requires it. That's her job. According to Newt.

So, to quote a two-month-old post....

The statements you quoted all rely on the premise that Pelosi was, as the very least, bending the truth. To say that she "has to keep her mouth shut" if the CIA lied to her, according to Newt, is disingenuous at best.

Archived