Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Live: Dilfer says Washington had the worst offseason

SkinsAllDay34

1. Got the most dominant DT in the league.

2. Resigned a pro-bowl CB, who people forget played great for us.

3. Got one of the best, if not the best pass-rusher in the draft.

4. Tried to upgrade the QB position, which has been one of the weakest spots on the offense for the past few years.

Oh noes, we did terrible.

One of the weakest... Thinking O line was one of the Weakest for redskins? o line will affect the QB play and rushing

Until they say something nice about the Skins,then half the board says...

Hey...he likes us!! He really likes us!!!

I remember Trent Dilfer talking up the Redskins and Jason Campbell for the first half of 2008. A lot of people were praising him as being one of the fairest and smartest ESPN analysts then.

;6401243']Well' date=' you guys are normally the offseason champs and that doesn't work out. Now that the Skins are getting ripped for their offseason, I expect them to at least make the NFC Championship game. :D[/quote']

I really like this logic. Thanks!

"There's nothing wrong with failing if you learn from it, and I've failed out here plenty."

Trent Dilfer

At least Dilfer admits it. I can't wait for people like Mel Kiper and Ron Jaworski to suck it up and admit they failed when they tried to ruin Colt Brennan.

Wow I don't know maybe we shoudn't play.

The defense is going to be better for sure.

Somehow if they can come up with just a little more offense the team could be the division champs.

If all of a sudden someone or more than one somone starts to catch the ball the QB who's chops everyone has been bustin will win two more games.

If you look at the replays we have some the most iron handed receivers in the league.

No we might not contend for the super bowl but we'll be a whole lot better than Dilfer and the anti Redskin analyist keep trying to dish out.

HTTR

Dan :helmet:

I'm curious at what Dilfer would say that we could have done to make our offseason good.

If we hadn't signed Big Al or Hall he would have trashed us for letting quality players sign somewhere else.

Am I the only one that thinks Sanchez is over rated? I watched this kid in college and wasn't too impressed. Not alot of expieriance USC is full of players that can make a QB look good.

not at all. it's amazing how much someone's draft stock can go up after the CFB season is over. he must be one hell of an interviewer

The Redskins are one of the most highly profiled teams in professional sports. Every little transaction is magnified by the media. Who really cares what a so called football expert thinks about our off season activity. What is important is how the team plays in between the lines in the fall. Evey thing else is meaningless.

Why is it that everyone gets offended when the Skins get talked about. I'm reading where people are talking about Trent Dilfer not being a great player. What does that have to do with what he's saying? You don't have to be in the HOF to give an opinion. Plus I hate to say it half the time when some of these analysts evaluate the Skins, their right.

The Skins in the last several years have made questionable draft picks, wasted draft picks, over paid players etc. The front office is the main reason this team has benn average at best to me. The evaluators need to be evaluated. A real GM has been needed for years. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this offense changing much

I think he is dumb for 2 reasons:

1. Whoever got Haynesworth would have to had paid relatively the same amount. I guess if the Giants got him and paid that money it would have been an awesome signing.

2. Did anyone see the money that the CB David got (I think thats him) he got in the same neighborhood as D hall. I think we overpaid a bit but we had to or else our CB situation would have been really screwed up.

The Campbell stuff I agree with, but I think Campbell has made that motivation for a good year.

He is right. Haynesworth sits out 1/4 of the games when he's fighting for a new contract. He might play 4-6 games next year because why should he do more? He surely wasn't an elite DT until contract time came around.

Hall is 2 for 2 so far with getting paid and then getting sent packing. But Cerrato and Dan know better.

Thats why they drafted a DE to play linebacker in the first round.

It really doesn't matter what the "experts" say, you gotta show them during the season how good those moves were or were not. Every year they harp on a team saying there going to be great, and they stumble, not to mention that every year they say teams will suck and some turn out to be good. Being an NFL analyst is like being a weatherman, you can be wrong 95% of the time and keep your job.

Skins fans know:

The fact is we upgraded our already ranked 4th best defense with the best DT in football. Add to that we kept Hall who is a true starting CB and Both of these guys are YOUNG. Unlike Vinny usual "well beyond there years" projects, so for the fan base Yes this was a great offseason compared to most. We actually drafted a DE and added young talent with which to build around.

Lets see what Dilfer says later in the season when we have the #1 ranked defense in the league. Like Iggles, Pitt, Baltimore that all had top teir defenses that carried them far into the playoffs.

Trent Dilfer has zero experience as a personnel evaluator. Like Sean Salisbury before him, he is another former NFL quarterback who seems very sure of his judgments for a guy that didn't exactly soar like a comet when he was under center.

The worst offseason?

Please.

The Denver Broncos had the worst offseason because they actually downgraded their own talent. They brought in a quarterback another team felt it couldn't advance with and gave up a quarterback that made the pro bowl in 2008.

That's like the Redskins giving up Albert Haynesworth to re-acquire Demetric Evans.

Makes no sense.

Looking around the NFL it doesn't appear as if the Buffalo Bills or Miami Dolphins did much in the offseason either.

Seattle drafted Curry but has a 34 year old injury prone quarterback and a bevy of failed running backs from other teams (Jones, Duckett).

Sometimes you have to look outside the box and see what is going on. He was expensive could we have gotten someone cheaper who was just as good or better? How much of his success was due to other guys around him? If he turns out to be a repeat of 98 then its definiatly not worth the price of the upgrade plus with holes we have we could have filled a few positions with the amount of money he got.

Archived