Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Live: Dilfer says Washington had the worst offseason

SkinsAllDay34

I have to agree with most of your posts. Signing the best defensive tackle in football is a bad offseason? Dilfer must be Dufus.

Trying to upgrade your QB position, a bad move? Dufus.

Signing a cornerback who is 26 years old, in his prime, and has already gone to a pro bowl, THAT'S A BAD MOVE? Dufus.

Drafting the best pass rusher in college? Dufus

Resigning two great run stuffing D.E.'s in Wynn and Daniel? Dufus

Letting Marcus Washginton go(he had zero sacks) Dufus.

He is a quarteback without a brain which is why he was not a Pro Bowl Qb or H.O.F. quarterback.

The offseason is about improving your team!!!!!! WE DID THAT. The cost is irrelevant and so is the Campbell situation. Dilfer is still jaded that he was shipped for Boller, that didnt turn into anything (He has good reason to be).

If the offseason started last year when we threw a 2nd rounder for Taylor. If he didnt get hurt who knows, but you cant honestly say we should gone w/ what we had left.
It wasn't just that he got hurt - we put him in the opposite position he had played for 11 seasons - bad mistake. Additionally, yes, perhaps you can argue that we shouldn't have gone with what we had left - but at the same time we weren't one player from a Championship - and we ended up mortgaging our future for another fix.

And this is coming from a someone who had supported the move. Foolishly, looking back at it.

It wasn't just that he got hurt - we put him in the opposite position he had played for 11 seasons - bad mistake. Additionally, yes, perhaps you can argue that we shouldn't have gone with what we had left - but at the same time we weren't one player from a Championship - and we ended up mortgaging our future for another fix.

And this is coming from a someone who had supported the move. Foolishly, looking back at it.

played out of position? He swapped back and forth in Miami, didnt he? They moved him around so the other team couldnt have a simple game plan. I dont know, if hed played like the former DEF MVP we was and got double digit sacks and a handful of forced fumbles, we coulda made some noise cause we woulda won more games and made the playoffs.

i think if you try and trade your starting qb not once but twice and fail, that is an epic failure for an offseason.

After the first attempt, and if they really meant to go for Mark Sanchez, they should have made damn sure that they got him.

Winner winner chicken dinner

When a couple of injuries can kill your season again you had a bad offseason I love the guys we got but it's not enough we had way to many needs to pay anyone 100 million dollars that said we did make some improvements what the hell did Tampa or Denver improve how is what we did worse than completely gutting your defense like Tampa did or trading away your franchise Qb after failing to get an over rated Qb like Denver did we may not have did enough but we did take a step in the right direction those 2 teams both took a step back

The offseason will work itself during the regular season ... If the players we got including those in the draft this year and last shine, everything is moot. If not, the point is made ...

1. Got the most dominant DT in the league.

2. Resigned a pro-bowl CB, who people forget played great for us.

3. Got one of the best, if not the best pass-rusher in the draft.

4. Tried to upgrade the QB position, which has been one of the weakest spots on the offense for the past few years.

Oh noes, we did terrible.

But if you look at what other teams did. They all added top talent in the draft or otherwise except for the cowboys. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHA:dallasuck

They really did nada for their team

But if you look at what other teams did. They all added top talent in the draft or otherwise except for the cowboys. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHA:dallasuck

They really did nada for their team

Oh yeah I forgot about them but the tards in the media think what they did was addition by subtractionwith out TO Tony Romo sits to pee is gonna command the huddle now what a joke

He usually talks good about us. But I do think he's partly right, we paid a pretty penny for Haynesworth, so I hope he produces. I think Hall was worth the money. Don't feel either way about Campbell In my eyes he still has to prove himself, so I don't think we were losing a franchise QB or anything. Plus he was trade bait and there was NO takers, hmm.

You do realize that other teams were offering the same kind of money to Haynesworth?

played out of position? He swapped back and forth in Miami, didnt he? They moved him around so the other team couldnt have a simple game plan. I dont know, if hed played like the former DEF MVP we was and got double digit sacks and a handful of forced fumbles, we coulda made some noise cause we woulda won more games and made the playoffs.

people tend to forget that he did move around in Miami.

When a couple of injuries can kill your season again you had a bad offseason I love the guys we got but it's not enough we had way to many needs to pay anyone 100 million dollars that said we did make some improvements what the hell did Tampa or Denver improve how is what we did worse than completely gutting your defense like Tampa did or trading away your franchise Qb after failing to get an over rated Qb like Denver did we may not have did enough but we did take a step in the right direction those 2 teams both took a step back

Gator, you gotta put a period in there somewhere, my man!

That's odd, usually Dilfer is on the redskins side for the most part. It has to be the Campbell thing that makes him remember his career.

Having Haynesworth, Griff, Phillip, Orakpo, and Carter gives the skins are pretty good Dline. Plus that secondary is going to have a field day when Haynesworth gets going.

Archived