Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Draft: Our Pick and its not too early

hitmandm

We will have to trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds easy this guy will be so in demand.
I'd love to get that kid, but it would be VERY hard to snag that pick from whatever sorry *** team gets it. :(

These posts are so true. That is why we needed to pick up a quarterback this year. Next year, when we have to have one, it will so expensive that it will set our team back for years. We will not be able to draft a QB and address that O-line in the same draft or back to back drafts, not to mention other needs.

The reason for this is that Snyder has tried in a major way to get a QB. This Bradford guy has it. Strong arm, great accuracy and leadership.

There is no way we dont offer tons of picks to trade up and get him. Depending where we pick--I mean multiple firsts and second rounders for this guy. He is that good

Lets let him play this year... I have seen him a lot living in Big 12 country and while hes not bad I dont see him worth a high pick. Though most experts disagree Im sure, I would rate McCoy over him at this time. Especially in Leadership they arent even close!

Also, I don't know if I see Sam Bradford translating all that well to the NFL. It's going to take a year or two of seasoning, and if Campbell fails, we're going to need to sign a vet to hold down the fort for a couple seasons.

Now that would be pretty stupid thing to do when you have Colt and Chase on the roster to hold down the fort.

I agree with you. We will have to trade up big time multiple picks to land him.

And who knows--I didnt think we were going to pick 13 th this year esp after a 6-2 start. The NFC East is brutal.

QB is a certainty--Shanahan or Cowher will demand it.

Just can't agree with your logic here. Throwing away 2 firsts and 2 seconds (nobody has ever got that much. Bradford is not THAT good) Stop comparing his TD stats to Campbells in college, much different system. So we give away two firsts and two seconds to get one QB, so who is going to block for him. I don't care if he is good as Joe Montana, he can't throw from his backside.

With many, it's even worse, they WANT Campbell to fail.

I don't think many people "want" Campbell to fail, rather they want a QB that WILL succeed. That is why you have the Cult of Colt, the Cutler trade, the Sanchez talk, and now possible drafting of Bradford. I highly doubt true redskins fans want Campbell to fail, but some believe he is not the one for our team. I really hope Campbell shows everyone this year that he is capable of being a starting QB in the league, but this season will tell. Can't wait for the season to start.

HTTR

I don't think many people "want" Campbell to fail, rather they want a QB that WILL succeed. That is why you have the Cult of Colt, the Cutler trade, the Sanchez talk, and now possible drafting of Bradford. I highly doubt true redskins fans want Campbell to fail, but some believe he is not the one for our team. I really hope Campbell shows everyone this year that he is capable of being a starting QB in the league, but this season will tell. Can't wait for the season to start.

HTTR

There are people who would rather see Campbell fail and be right than see Campbell succeed and be wrong.

The same happened/happens with Portis, Moss, apparently now Cooley, Rogers, and even Sean Taylor.

Just because they're on this board and type a lot doesn't mean that they support the team.

I see your Bradford and raise you a Tebow.

When you watch Bradford, you see a pro-style QB. It's easy to see why he'd be a better prospect than Tebow at the next level. But, there's magic in Tebow. A team that takes him AND runs an offense FOR him, built around him, will be a tough team to handle.

When you watch Bradford, you see a pro-style QB. It's easy to see why he'd be a better prospect than Tebow at the next level. But, there's magic in Tebow. A team that takes him AND runs an offense FOR him, built around him, will be a tough team to handle.

Absolutely agreed. Now THIS is what a hype-deserving quarterback looks like. Two firsts for this one if Campbell can't light it up this year.

I think both of these prospects, with the right team, will be great in the NFL. You're right about Tebow, he will need a team that is built around his strengths.

There are people who would rather see Campbell fail and be right than see Campbell succeed and be wrong.

The same happened/happens with Portis, Moss, apparently now Cooley, Rogers, and even Sean Taylor.

Just because they're on this board and type a lot doesn't mean that they support the team.

I wasn't just talking about people on this board, I've talked to several people decked out in full Redskins stuff, who really want Campbell to fail. Most of the people who are fans of other teams just want Campbell to be good enough that we'll try to keep him but not good enough that he makes us elite. Personally, I only think Campbell will be solid but not spectacular. Think of somebody like Brunell for most of his career if he'd had the support of a spectacular defense (best case).

I wasn't just talking about people on this board, I've talked to several people decked out in full Redskins stuff, who really want Campbell to fail. Most of the people who are fans of other teams just want Campbell to be good enough that we'll try to keep him but not good enough that he makes us elite. Personally, I only think Campbell will be solid but not spectacular. Think of somebody like Brunell for most of his career if he'd had the support of a spectacular defense (best case).

Yeah, you're right, not just on this board. However, I find a lot of people on this board to have so much knowledge as compared to others, but they STILL don't want anyone with a non-unofficially-retired number who plays for us to ever quarterback this team.

He's going to be good.

A lot of people aren't giving him the benefit of the doubt. He proved last season that he's not just a running QB.

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w-gL0PSvNk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esambradford%2Eorg%2F&feature=player_embedded

http://www.sambradford.org/

JC...Unless you can throw more than a TD a game and lead us to the paloffs...this guy will show you how it is done.

Oh my! PLEASE dont DRAFT this guy! All his Reads went to the primary target, look at the video again. Only 1 play where he looked elsewhere besides his primary. Plus I didnt see pressure in his face but a few times. From what I am hearing if he doesnt handle pressure well he is a potential big BUST.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/draft-2009/04/28/2010/index.html

Give me a fat guy up front:

If it's a Top 5 pick: Russell Okung/OT/Oklahoma State: Okung is a complete tackle who stands out in pass protection while dominating as a run blocker.

Mid-Round pick: Trent Williams/OT/Oklahoma: Williams is a tall, athletic tackle with potential on the left or right side.

Late round pick: Ciron Black/OT/LSU: Black offers tremendous size and will be an early pick if he polishes his game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/draft-2009/04/28/2010/index.html

Give me a fat guy up front:

If it's a Top 5 pick: Russell Okung/OT/Oklahoma State: Okung is a complete tackle who stands out in pass protection while dominating as a run blocker.

Mid-Round pick: Trent Williams/OT/Oklahoma: Williams is a tall, athletic tackle with potential on the left or right side.

Late round pick: Ciron Black/OT/LSU: Black offers tremendous size and will be an early pick if he polishes his game.

Who is going to be under center then, assuming Campbell is gone?

Well if we're taking someone else with the first round pick, then we'd probably have Campbell performing well. How else would we still either A) Have the first round pick without trading it for someone worthy, or B) Not use the first round pick on a quarterback?

I'd rather go a lot of different routes than getting a 1st round QB.

I don't want to give up a boatload of picks to get Bradford.

I don't want to go with Tebow.

I wouldn't mind getting a 2nd or 3rd round QB to develop and maybe roll the dice on Kellen Clemens (UFA after the season).

Also, how crazy would it be if Rivers, Eli, or Big Ben wait to hit the open market?

If Zorn is still here, I wonder if he'd want to get Seneca Wallace from teh Seahawks? He should come cheap.....

Archived