Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Draft: Our Pick and its not too early

hitmandm

The guys making those mocks have nothing else to do! Did you also find info on who will be franchised and move in FRA to warrant their mock draft ideas? :hysterical:

They are mainly just a ranking of the players. Kinda like nbadraft.net

EDIT: BTW, I'm guessing this is you talking **** to me for clowning your Peppers thread? It isn't working.

JC stats. The guy doesnt throw TDs. We all know his inability for the Skins, but ook at his college Stats

2001: 89/142 (62.7%) for 1117 yards and 4 TD vs. 4 INT. 46 carries for 72 yards and 2 TD.

2002: 94/149 (63.1%) for 1215 yards and 11 TD vs. 5 INT. 72 carries for 206 yards and 3 TD.

2003: 181/293 (61.8%) for 2267 yards and 10 TD vs. 8 INT. 73 carries for -1 yard and 1 TD.

2004: 188/270 (69.6%) for 2700 yards and 20 TD vs. 7 INT. 58 carries for 30 yards and 3 TD.

45 TDs in 4 years in college. Pitiful.

Sam Bradford college:

Passing Rushing

Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Att Yds TD

2007 Oklahoma Sooners 14 176.52 341 237 69.5 3,121 36 8 31 7 0

2008 Oklahoma Sooners 14 180.86 483 328 67.9 4,721 50 8 42 47 5

Source:[44]

He threw for 50 TDs as a sophomore--5 more than Campbell did in his 4 years at Auburn.

The NFL is a TD passing league. JC can do it all except the one thing that means the most--passing for TDs.

Yep, and they also played in identical offensive systems!

Comparing their college stats is worthless, because Campbell was in a run-heavy offense and Bradford in a run and shoot offense. Bradford may very well end up being a better NFL QB than Campbell, but it won't be because of the offensive stats they put up in college.

I am a big Bradford fan and i thought he would be a great nfl QB but recently me and my friend have been talking about him a lot and ive started to think he will only be good in the right system/place.

If you look at him right now in OU, sure he looks good commanding that Oline with the audibles and whatnots but he gets all that information from the coach. he looks over at the coach to see what to do almost every down.

Also he does not do well with pressure at all. If you watched him while he was pressured, especially the National championship game, he looked really bad. I mean all qbs are worse when they're pressure but Bradford can be just baad when he's pressured.

This leads me to think that he will succeed, but only if he is placed where he has good line that can pass protect (definetly not us) and/or one where coach is very good at calling plays/making adjustments.

If you look at him right now in OU, sure he looks good commanding that Oline with the audibles and whatnots but he gets all that information from the coach. he looks over at the coach to see what to do almost every down.

The only Oklahoma game I have seen is the BCS championship game, and the whole staring at the sideline thing really stuck out at me.

Yep, and they also played in identical offensive systems!

Comparing their college stats is worthless, because Campbell was in a run-heavy offense and Bradford in a run and shoot offense. Bradford may very well end up being a better NFL QB than Campbell, but it won't be because of the offensive stats they put up in college.

I see your point, but to apply these numbers, you can't toss out the apparent difference. The point is we have a QB that has been playing major college and professional football since 2001 and has NEVER thrown more than 20 TDs a year.

Now...why do you think he will be able to start throwing TDs now? Maybe he can...but realistically, every year he throws 12 TDs a year the chances of him becoming a scoring force in a league that needs QBs that can throw TDs becomes more remote.

Sam Bradford has a good, not great, arm. I think his stock will drop as the 2010 draft approaches due to not playing in pro-style offense, history of OK QBs, etc. The first pick in the 2010 draft will be Jevan Snead, QB Ole Miss.

I am with you here. He might not be the 1st pick, or even the first QB taken, but I think Snead is a better pro-prospect than Bradford. We also will probably have a better chance at him than Bradford. I like Bradford, funny, affable guy who put up some historic numbers. But I just personally like Snead as a pro player better. To be honest, these Big 12 QBs scare me a bit...not to negate our new man-beast, but do they play defense in that conference? Sure didn't seem like it after we saw what happened when the greatest offense in college football history met an SEC defense in the BCS...like a mosquito hitting a windshield.

And it is going to be silly how much more talented next years class is top to bottom, this years was pretty darn weak outside of tackles if you ask me.

Still, too early

Sam Bradford. The Skins will trade every draft pick for the next two drafts to get a real QB. Better than Sanchez and better than Stafford.

Sam Bradford

sam-bradford-pic1.jpgFull Name : Sam Bradford

The REAL question is....IS HE BETTER THAN JASON CAMPBELL?

Get back to me on that in about 4 years, cause Jason is going to have a better season than last year, and this kid won't be in the NFL until next year and won't start until 2011.

[/left]

The REAL question is....IS HE BETTER THAN JASON CAMPBELL?

Get back to me on that in about 4 years, cause Jason is going to have a better season than last year, and this kid won't be in the NFL until next year and won't start until 2011.

I think the real question is will he become better than Jason Campbell. JC can throw 20% more TD passes and and still not average a TD a game. Kurt Warner averaged about 1.75 TDs a game. Warner threw more TDs last year (30) than Campbell has in the past 2 and a half years. I think Bradford in a couple of years will be so much a better player than JC that we wont even remember the debacle that are the Campbell years.

The problem is JC can have a 20% better year--which is a huge jump--and still be pathetic by NFL standards. And the guy hasnt shown anytime since he started college football that he can throw TD passes at all.

if we do poorly this year and have a top pick, we need to take the best LT and replace samuels. its time we started drafting oline, cause after this year, everyone is gonna be getting up there in age. samuels is gonna be tough to replace so we better start looking now.

LTs are great...but this is a QB league. If you dont have a franchise QB, you dont pass on one. Samuels still has gas in the tank.

i doubt we'll do bad enough this season to get one of the big name QBs.

and maybe colt shows something and we stick with him? who knows.

I agree with you. We will have to trade up big time multiple picks to land him.

And who knows--I didnt think we were going to pick 13 th this year esp after a 6-2 start. The NFC East is brutal.

QB is a certainty--Shanahan or Cowher will demand it.

I agree with you. We will have to trade up big time multiple picks to land him.

And who knows--I didnt think we were going to pick 13 th this year esp after a 6-2 start. The NFC East is brutal.

QB is a certainty--Shanahan or Cowher will demand it.

i honestly dont think its possible cowher will be here. he runs a 3-4 D and we just assembled maybe the best 4-3 defense in the league. no way we blow that up for bill the chin cowhers defense.

shanahan is a much more likely candidate.

Archived