Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC/RI & PFT: Cody Glenn Says He Lied About The Reason For His Suspension(Merged)

Rocky52Mc

Ok, before you go crazy, it's Cody Glenn.

Let's try to keep the "Another draft pick down the drain" comments to ourselves. I think this kid does have some personal issues though.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Washington Redskins fifth round linebacker Cody Glenn acknowledged that he wasn’t telling the truth during interviews about the reasons behind his three-game suspension during his final season at Nebraska.

Glenn initially told reporters that cover the Redskins that he was punished for selling tickets, but is still declining to specify the real reason why he was suspended.

According to an Associated Press report, Glenn admitted that he made up the story to get reporters to stop querying him about why he was punished.

“It was me being dumb, just trying to have people leave me alone,” Glenn said. “It’s something I said that I probably shouldn’t have, looking at it now. … So many people kept asking me about it, everywhere I go That was the rumor out there, so I just said, ‘OK, yeah, I sold tickets.’ …

“It was just so people would kind of leave me alone, just to get them an answer, for people who had to have an answer. And to have people constantly nagging in my ear about ‘What did you do?’ blah, blah, blah. I got tired of that. That’s all that is. I didn’t mean to confuse anyone.”

"Glenn initially told reporters that cover the Redskins that he was punished for selling tickets, but is still declining to specify the real reason why he was suspended."

Oh gotcha. I missed "still" and thought that was talking about at first. Can we get a little honesty now then?

We've officially passed the Bengals... Good thing Al Davis is still alive to make us look better than we are at evaluating talent.

Actually, the Bengals outdid themselves by drafting even more guys with character questions. Nobody's catching them any time soon, and we're not even a remote comparison.

I'm not really sure how much potential he has, but this isn't the way to start your career. All he had to say was "That was in the past and I want to focus on the future." But instead, he lied about it.

He lied to the media to get off his back... excuse me... the paparazzi...

so, it's ok, let him talk to Zorn...

He is only supposed to be special teams help, looks like Ronnie Palmer your window just got a little bigger!

Palmer soundz promising,

Ronnie Palmer, Arizona

Height: 6-3. Weight: 245.

Projected 40 Time: 4.72.

Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.

12/7/08: Ronnie Palmer has 70 tackles on the year for Arizona.

2007: A play-maker who has a habit of picking off passes. Really seems to care about winning, unlike a few other players on both the collegiate and professional levels.

UDFA out of Arizona, playmaker, MLB, Redskins......sounds familiar

We've officially passed the Bengals... Good thing Al Davis is still alive to make us look better than we are at evaluating talent.
We're nowhere close to the Bengals. They picked up Andre Smith and some other guy with a criminal record. The Bengals seem to completely ignore character.

Archived