Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per JLC/RI & PFT: Cody Glenn Says He Lied About The Reason For His Suspension(Merged)

Rocky52Mc

If i had to apologize for all the stupid stuff i did when i was younger, i'd still be apologizing.

I think that's what's a little frustrating about this. There are varying degress of "stupid stuff." If we knew, and I'm not saying we have any right to know, what he did, then we could, as fans, decide if it's really a big deal. If the perception is that his suspension was harsh for the "crime," that could actually create a fanbase for him. If the punishment is perceived to be light for the crime, that could have the opposite affect. Of course, as others have pointed out, he's probably not going to be here very long anyway.

Personally, if the rumor about him "banging" a coach's wife is true, well....I think that's sort of funny. Wrong of course, but funny (seeing how I'm not a coach at UN).

If he raped a kitten, well, that's another story. ;)

Hail,

H

this is the funniest story. why does anyone care what a scrub 5th round converted RB LB lied about to make the media stop hounding him? this is a non issue. how about we just see him play football?

Why? Because he didn't just lie to the media to 'get them off his back'. He lied to NFL teams. During a press conference on the 26th, Vinny says he was suspended for ticket scalping at that we talked to the Nebraska people and we were comfortable drafting him. So, what's the deal? What did this guy do that we don't know about? Are you really saying it doesn't matter at all? The rumors flying around Nebraska boards (which could be complete BS) suggest some pretty serious stuff is being covered up. He was drafted under a false premise, and whatever he did was serious enough that his coaches seemed to be complicit in the whole cover-up. As far as I'm concerned, if whatever he did was nothing to worry about, we would know what the hell it was by now.

Why? Because he didn't just lie to the media to 'get them off his back'. He lied to NFL teams. During a press conference on the 26th, Vinny says he was suspended for ticket scalping at that we talked to the Nebraska people and we were comfortable drafting him. So, what's the deal? What did this guy do that we don't know about? Are you really saying it doesn't matter at all? The rumors flying around Nebraska boards (which could be complete BS) suggest some pretty serious stuff is being covered up. He was drafted under a false premise, and whatever he did was serious enough that his coaches seemed to be complicit in the whole cover-up. As far as I'm concerned, if whatever he did was nothing to worry about, we would know what the hell it was by now.

because until someone finds out what it was, its a non issue. its all speculation at this point, you can speculate that he killed somebody, or you can speculate that he got smoking pot, both things his coaches wouldnt wanna get out in the open.

and if it was something that terrible, the police would have been involved and everyone would know by now.

Don't post much, but it seems people don't have the timeline on this.

JLC makes this seem like this JUST happened, which is not the case. I read about this somewhere else, and apparently how it went down, he was suspended for however many games, and while he was suspended he said he had people barraging him with questions nonstop about what he did. There were a bunch of rumors flying around, and both him and the team had decided that his action would not be reported other than the "violating undisclosed team rules", which is common in the college game.

So anyway, there were like three or four different rumors floating around. One of the rumors was that he was selling tickets he got, even though college athletes don't get actual tickets. So after continuously being harrassed, he finally said "Yeah, that's what I did. I sold tickets." That was the story.

Now that was before we even got involved. Someone said that Vinny said that this happened and he was okay with it, well maybe the kid told Vinny and our scouts the truth but explained the situation. And maybe, gasp, Vinny lied.

It's really not a big deal. And JLC makes it seem like he uncovered that this kid lied, the kid had already admitted it some time ago.

Awful journalism, but what else would you expect?

Yall remember how JLC acted when Vinny "lied" to him because he didn't tell him his future plans to trade for Jason Taylor, which, if he had done, would've probably ended up costing us even more than what we gave for him.

And how 'bout JLC reporting us for tampering?

Come on, this guy is a clown. I think JLC even started the rumor that JC wanted a trade if we drafted a QB, which apparently never happened.

It's really not a big deal. And JLC makes it seem like he uncovered that this kid lied, the kid had already admitted it some time ago.

Awful journalism, but what else would you expect?

Post a link showing the kid admitted the scalping explanation was a lie some time ago. I'm not gonna hold my breath..

He was using the same ridiculous explanation a couple of days ago.

Archived