Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official UDFA Thread (Updated with List of Players signed so far).

tml6157

QB Chase Daniel (Missouri)

OT Scott Burley (Maryland)

DE Derek Walker (Illinois)

WR Josh Briscoe (Tennessee)

C Edwin Wiliams (Maryland)

WR Jaison Williams (Oregon)

Thanks bro,

Pregunta

Which site/sites do you use to get this info?

I actually like these guys (i might be biased i'm a Terp)

Although i would rather we draft some lineman with some high picks

Buges/Vinnie have found a good resource for OL at the U of M

I really like the Edwin Williams, i'll be following him closely during pre-season.

I wonder if Jaison Williams is the second coming of Anothy Mix?

Derek White fits the mold of Blache LDE a kinda like Daniels/Wynn but with more pass rush ability and probably less strength, but then again how many 4-3 DEs are as strong as Daniels?

I know there's some JMU people that hang around here. What would you all think about bringing in Rodney Landers to see how he fares as a RB/WR, simply because he is an athlete?

I have absolutely no doubt Landers has the athletic ability to play in the league. It's important to remember that a number of BCS schools recruited him heavily as a DB or RB. The reason JMU was able to land him was the promise to play QB.

That said, I think he will take a year to transition to a new spot. He'll need to land somewhere where they can afford to be patient with him. Give him a year or so, and I think he projects favorably to a Michael Robinson type running back. I've seen him knock around enough linebackers and linemen (including Sidbury) to see he could dish out enough punishment to play the position.

CRAP! Packers signed Willie Williams LB, Union College. :mad:

I was really hoping the Skins would be the ones to give that kid a shot.

Packers have been doing really well for this year on picking draft picks, including free agents. It actually sucks for me to say this as a redskins fan, but I have to say that this year did not turn out well for the team in the long term. We better do something impressive next year to actually make up for what we did today....

Here is a list of a bunch of undrafted Free Agents who made probowl

List of undrafted NFL players selected to a Pro Bowl

For a complete list of undrafted NFL players, see Category:Undrafted National Football League players.

Certain undrafted NFL players have obtained a particularly high level of notoriety as a result of their on-field performance. Specialty positions such as kickers and punters are more likely to be undrafted than other positions.[citation needed]

* Darren Bennett – After a significant professional career in Australian rules football, he came to the US in 1995 and had even more success as a punter, being named as an All-Pro twice and as one of two punters on the NFL 1990s All-Decade Team.

* Joshua Cribbs – A kick returner from Kent State University, was the Pro Bowl selection for the AFC as a kick returner.

* Jake Delhomme – A quarterback from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He played in the now defunct NFL Europa before playing significant minutes in the NFL. He was a member of the first Carolina Panthers team to play in the Super Bowl and has played in the Pro Bowl.

* Antonio Gates – A tight end from Kent State University, has gone to the Pro Bowl four times and been named first team All-Pro three times.

* Robbie Gould - A placekicker for the Chicago Bears. Gould became just the fourth kicker in NFL history to hit game-winning field goals in overtime in back-to-back games. Gould converted 26 of 29 field goal attempts (89.7 percent) in 2008, breaking his own franchise single-season record for accuracy. He was elected to the 2007 Pro Bowl.

* James Harrison – A Linebacker who currently plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Was named AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2008. He also set a record in Super Bowl XLIII with a 100-yard interception return for a touchdown.

* Priest Holmes – A running back from the University of Texas at Austin; Holmes led the NFL in rushing yards in 2002.

* Mat McBriar – Punter, Dallas Cowboys, is the highest paid punter in the NFL.

* Willie Parker – A running back, he set set a number of Pittsburgh Steelers team records.

* Jason Peters – Pro Bowl and All-Pro offensive tackle for the Philadelphia Eagles. He played tight end for the Arkansas Razorbacks in college and was moved to tackle because of his size. He beat out top-5 draft pick Mike Williams to win the position.

* Antonio Pierce – Starting inside linebacker for the New York Giants and Super Bowl XLII champion.

* John Randle – Defensive tackle, played mostly for the Minnesota Vikings, went undrafted in 1990 from Texas A&M-Kingsville.

* Tony Romo sits to pee – A quarterback from Eastern Illinois University who was signed in 2003, and spent the first three years of his career as a backup. In 2006, his first season as a starter, he made the Pro Bowl. He has also tied the Dallas Cowboys team record for most touchdown passes (5) in a game.

* Bart Scott – A linebacker who attended Southern Illinois and is currently on the New York Jets. He is a 1 time Pro Bowler and 1-time All-Pro selection. Both in 2006.

* Clifton Smith - A running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he was elected to the 2009 Pro Bowl as the NFC's kick/punt returner.

* Rod Smith – A wide receiver from Missouri Southern State University; he established a number of Denver Broncos team records and has appeared in multiple Pro Bowl games.

* Mack Strong – A former fullback for the Seattle Seahawks who went to multiple Pro Bowls and blocked for record-setting Shaun Alexander in the 2005 season. Is often revered as one of the best fullbacks in history.

* Mike Vanderjagt – Pro Bowl and All-Pro placekicker for the Indianapolis Colts and Dallas Cowboys who is the NFL career leader in field goal percentage.

* Adam Vinatieri – A placekicker from South Dakota State, he has set several NFL post-season and Super Bowl records and is a two-time Pro Bowl selection. In addition he is a four time Super Bowl champion.

* Kurt Warner – A quarterback who graduated from the University of Northern Iowa, Warner's professional career started in the Arena Football League. After he played one season in NFL Europa, Warner signed with the St. Louis Rams. Warner earned the Super Bowl MVP award for his performance in Super Bowl XXXIV. In addition Warner is a two time NFL MVP.

* Brian Waters – A guard who is the only offensive lineman to be an AFC player of the week.[citation needed]

* Wes Welker – Wide receiver for the New England Patriots. He tied for the league lead in receptions in the 2007 NFL season and led the Patriots in catches in Super Bowl XLII with 11.

* Pat Williams - Pro Bowl defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings.

Archived