Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the skins attempting to become the ravens

PROSCOUT

The Skins are drafting defense after defense and going out into free agency as well, plus bringing back veterans like Daniels and Wynn who are know to shut down the run.

The Ravens have always led in defense, made the playoffs with defense and an average QB just attempting to win 17-13 games.

I wonder if the Skins by drafting Barnes, now are sending a message that Defense is what will drive the Skins. If this is so its fine with me. Its also been the formula for New England's consistent playoff appearances, because theytend to draft defensive line, linebacker, and secondary even when they are already strong.

In other words, teams that are strong on one side of the ball, continue to try to get even stronger. Dominate on one side of the ball to make the playoffs. I believe the Skins might be in that mindset right now, since they did not get Sanchez or Cutler.

What do YOU think?

Remember last year, the first four picks were offense, regardless we are choosing both areas of need and using Vinnie's board.

Good draft so far. Smoot is on the decline. You can never have enough good corners and with the rush we should now have corners will love playing for the Skins.

Hail!

In a way it's hard to argue this point. The problem is we don't have the players who can create turnovers and score like the Ravens do. We might since we just added some strong additions to the Defensive line so maybe we do now but it's yet to be seen.

I can see what your saying though and as some one who's been standing on my soapbox all week begging for offensive players and not seeing us draft any it's been a frustrating draft but with that said as long as our Defense is able to generate more pressure then last season we should stay in more games this year and keep them close. If we can get some scoring from the QB position we might be competing for the devision crown this year. Otherwise we'll be 8-8 again and looking for a QB next year. I think that's pretty likely. Our Defense is going to show up this year, if the offense does as well we are going to be hard to beat.

Having great cover corners to compliment a pass rush from the front four should translate into more turnovers.

And with more turnovers that means more chances to scorefrom a shorter field. Now we just need WRs 2 and 3 to step up and give Moss some help.

The Ravens generate too many turnovers for us to emulate. Plus they never seem to get injured.

But that is the POINT. The Ravens generate turnovers because they draft defensive line and draft defense continually attempting to upgrade.

So you are saying we cannot do what the Raven have done because we didn't do it in the past? Thats rediculous. We are talking about perhaps a NEW philosophy so if we are attempting something NEW, then our results should be NEW.

Think OUT of the box...not in the PAST.

The Ravens generate too many turnovers for us to emulate. Plus they never seem to get injured.

wrong. 2 seasons ago they had just about everyone hurt

last year they had a bunch of injuries, they just have GREAT defensive depth. Our strength is our D, 3-7 u draft for depth, its a good strategy

Number 4 ranked defense last year and still missed out on the playoffs. We'll see, but if you look at New England and Baltimore, they also had stud offensive lines -- it was not only their defense.

We still need to address o-line before we can think of our offense as one that can "manage" a game and pull out close victories...

But that is the POINT. The Ravens generate turnovers because they draft defensive line and draft defense continually attempting to upgrade.

So you are saying we cannot do what the Raven have done because we didn't do it in the past? Thats rediculous. We are talking about perhaps a NEW philosophy so if we are attempting something NEW, then our results should be NEW.

Think OUT of the box...not in the PAST.

Will Blache adjust his scheme to attack opposing QB's? I would love to see them come out on the + side of turnover differential for the first time in years.

Archived