Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the skins attempting to become the ravens

PROSCOUT

The Ravens generate too many turnovers for us to emulate. Plus they never seem to get injured.

This is true. We will need for our defense to score at least one touchdown a game to win. Points will not be coming from our offense. Sixteen points a game will not get it done.

Number 4 ranked defense last year and still missed out on the playoffs. We'll see, but if you look at New England and Baltimore, they also had stud offensive lines -- it was not only their defense.

We still need to address o-line before we can think of our offense as one that can "manage" a game and pull out close victories...

You left some stuff off. #4 ranked defense and won EIGHT games losing several games by a field goal.

Are you telling me that adding Haynseworth and the best pass rusher in the draft and Dockery on offense can't be worth THREE point in 3 games?

That is a rediculous viewpoint.

Here's something that a lot seem not to realize. Landry will no longer have to play 20 yards deeper because we have no pass rush. QB's will be rushed more, so Landry will be allowed to play closer and even from time to time do what he does very well and that's blitz.

Turnovers will come a lot more because of the lack of time that opposing QB's should have. Our offense will be playing with a shorter field much more often than it has been. The defense no longer has to play, bend don't break. This is what Tampa, Baltimore, etc. did so often.

];6362273']Particularly' date=' they seem to want to have a legit pass rush. A mammoth DT, and now a speed rusher to compliment that DT is going to a long way in building this pass rush.[/quote']

Pretty much. This is something we really, really, REALLY fricken need. I'm definitely happy with everything so far. :D

But that is the POINT. The Ravens generate turnovers because they draft defensive line and draft defense continually attempting to upgrade.

So you are saying we cannot do what the Raven have done because we didn't do it in the past? Thats rediculous. We are talking about perhaps a NEW philosophy so if we are attempting something NEW, then our results should be NEW.

Think OUT of the box...not in the PAST.

the same could be said for you.

maybe there is no one on offense in the latter rounds the Skins are stuck at worth drafting. there are many ways to analyze a problem.

Plus they never seem to get injured.

I'll have to disagree with that statement.

We went 13-3 in 2006, and brought back the exact same team in 2007, but unfortunately missed the playoffs because of the massive amount of injuries sustained.

Furthermore, the Ravens were by far the team with the most injuries to make the playoffs last year and ranked in the top three overall in the league.

We'll see, but if you look at New England and Baltimore, they also had stud offensive lines -- it was not only their defense.

I'll agree with this one.

Apart from Flacco, we've never had a star quarterback, but our running game has always been very good due to the fact that offensive line has always been a priority.

This year, for example, with no real dire needs, our front office decided to add more quality to the offensive line to add to an already very good young unit.

It's not just about defense; we've had top five units virtually every year for the past decade but have still struggled in the postseason due to a lackluster offense.

WOW. This thread seems to be coming true.

They just keep on drafting defensive players!

It won't come true until and if those drafted defensive players actually end up playing like Ravens defensive players on the field in a regular season and playoff games. Something that's very unlikely. Right now they're just draft picks. The Ravens did more than just "draft defensive players."

It won't come true until and if those drafted defensive players actually end up playing like Ravens defensive players on the field in a regular season and playoff games. Something that's very unlikely. Right now they're just draft picks. The Ravens did more than just "draft defensive players."

well still, the thread is not about if we have Ray Lewis and if our players play just like the Ravens players, none of that is possible.

This thread is just about IF the Redskins are trying to become the RAVENS which simply means are they following that philosophy? I described this in the opening statement. Building a super strong defense and then keep drafting defense in an attempt to get stronger and find depth...and in that way you prop up a weak offense.

Whether Orakpo becomes Ray Lewis or if this 3rd round pick becomes Chris McCalister blah blah blah I don't know and thats not what I was asking.

I just asked the question out there...Are the Redskins ATTEMPTING this strategy. Of course nobody knows if our players will clone themselves into being just like the Ravens and playing like the Ravens. But that doesn't stop a team from adopting the same philosphy...because it would appear that is the line of thinking going on here.

Archived