Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Bet for a Draft Day Trade with Seattle for Hasselbeck

Oldfan

1) Seattle has been leaking rumors of lack of interest in Sanchez.

2) The Redskins have been leaking interest in Sanchez, but unwillingness to go above #8. Dan Snyder's insistence that "We won't trade next year's #1" supports that notion.

3) Seattle is, or ought to be, in a rebuilding phase. Hasselbeck still has value, but Sanchez makes more sense for a rebuilding team.

4) I don't like it but Dan Snyder's recent moves indicate that his goal is to win now. Sanchez is not a win-now move.

Based on these four factors, the most likely scenario is that the Redskins and Seattle have a conditional trade worked out. The Redskins and Seattle both want teams like the Jets to think that they should target Seattle's #4 to move up ahead of the Redskins, making it less likely that they will focus on the #2 or #3 to move up ahead of Seattle.

If Sanchez is taken by Seattle, Hasselbeck will come here for our third-round pick.

1) Seattle has been leaking rumors of lack of interest in Sanchez.

2) The Redskins have been leaking interest in Sanchez, but unwillingness to go above #8. Dan Snyder's insistence that "We won't trade next year's #1" supports that notion.

3) Seattle is, or ought to be, in a rebuilding phase. Hasselbeck still has value, but Sanchez makes more sense for a rebuilding team.

4) I don't like it but Dan Snyder's recent moves indicate that his goal is to win now. Sanchez is not a win-now move.

Based on these four factors, the most likely scenario is that the Redskins and Seattle have a conditional trade worked out. The Redskins and Seattle both want teams like the Jets to think that they should target Seattle's #4 to move up ahead of the Redskins, making it less likely that they will focus on the #2 or #3 to move up ahead of Seattle.

If Sanchez is taken by Seattle, Hasselbeck will come here for our #3.

You talking about our first round (#13) pick?

Czaban mentioned this possibility (Hasselbeck coming here) yesterday on TSR.

well that scenario will make both of the hasselbeck brothers Redskins at one time or the other.

Personally though I think this is all a ploy by the Skins to make people think they want Sanchez and I think the media is just running with it and blowing it up.

Didn't Seattle just take a staunch stance that they are committed to Hasselback just yesterday? So I don't think their "leaked" information was nothing more than speculation, because it would have been in their best interest to keep that speculation going.

Seattle wants Crabtree, Curry, or an OT

1. No way Hasselbeck gets shipped anywhere.

2. Seattle needs an OT, WR and LB much, much more than a QB that will not see action immediately.

3. Seahawks GM has stated that they will not take a QB and that whoever they take needs to be a day 1 starter.

JC is ruined. First the stuff about Cutler and now Sanchez, JC isn't going to stay here no matter what. I think the Skins have burned their bridges with JC. I really wish we had just given him one more year with full support. That didn't happen and JC won't ever feel like he has a future with this team now.

Didn't Seattle just take a staunch stance that they are committed to Hasselback just yesterday? So I don't think their "leaked" information was nothing more than speculation, because it would have been in their best interest to keep that speculation going.

Seattle wants Crabtree, Curry, or an OT

Would you be committed to Hasselbeck with a team that should be rebuilding?

They have been leaking Crabtree and Curry. that's consistent with my OP.

1. No way Hasselbeck gets shipped anywhere.

2. Seattle needs an OT, WR and LB much, much more than a QB that will not see action immediately.

3. Seahawks GM has stated that they will not take a QB and that whoever they take needs to be a day 1 starter.

What good is Hasselbeck to a team that needs to rebuild?

What rebuilding team has needs greater than finding their future QB whether he starts year one or not?

What good is Hasselbeck to a team that needs to rebuild?

What rebuilding team has needs greater than finding their future QB whether he starts year one or not?

Who says they are rebuilding? They had a rash on injuries last year that cost them the season.

If they purged their roster of vets, then they are rebuilding. They didn't so they aren't.

JC is ruined. First the stuff about Cutler and now Sanchez, JC isn't going to stay here no matter what. I think the Skins have burned their bridges with JC. I really wish we had just given him one more year with full support. That didn't happen and JC won't ever feel like he has a future with this team now.

If he is our starter this year when the dust settles (which would be my bet) Jason has millions and millions of reasons to give it his best shot. Its his contract year and he is playing for his next deal and future as a starter either here or somewhere else.

If he plays well and we win Snyder will make him a very rich man and all will be forgiven and forgotten on both sides. Winning cures eveything.

If his feelings are really hurt and he just wants out we can still get value for him by tagging him if there is a new CBA and if there is no CBA he will be a restricted free agent and we get right of refusal or a 1st round pick for him.

Who says they are rebuilding? They had a rash on injuries last year that cost them the season.

Didn't you say that they had lots of needs?

"Seattle needs an OT, WR and LB much, much more than a QB that will not see action immediately."

If they purged their roster of vets, then they are rebuilding. They didn't so they aren't.

You can't rebuild in one season, so "purging their roster of vets" isn't feasible.

Hasselbeck was injured. They aren't necessarily rebuilding. They need WR help.

That team has a long list of needs. I don't know that they ARE rebuilding, but I said they should. And, they are not likely to tell their fans that, if they are.

Didn't you say that they had lots of needs?

"Seattle needs an OT, WR and LB much, much more than a QB that will not see action immediately."

You can't rebuild in one season, so "purging their roster of vets" isn't feasible.

If they were rebuilding, then they would have already been throwing out feelers for Hasselbeck months ago.

Also their needs are minimal. OT to replace Jones, but they already have one on their roster as well.

LB to replace Peterson, who they traded to Detroit.

DE and WR are their biggest needs, both of which you can address at #4. And you don't take a QB when you have needs like this. Sound familiar?

Archived