Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Bet for a Draft Day Trade with Seattle for Hasselbeck

Oldfan

If they were rebuilding, then they would have already been throwing out feelers for Hasselbeck months ago.

Assume they did. Which team would they start with?:D

Also their needs are minimal. OT to replace Jones, but they already have one on their roster as well.

One expert in this thread disagrees in Post #10 -- "Seattle needs an OT, WR and LB much, much more than a QB..."

Here's a link to Clark Judge's estimate on Seattle's needs.

Hawks ideal partner would be Denver, giving themselves 2 picks. Orton aint the long-term answer and they could swing up there to get Sanchez. Hawks wold be over the moon with the 2 decent 1st round picks.

Hope to hell we don't trade up.

Waiting over the pond somewhat anxiously!

Wouldn't he demand a trade?

If we kept him, he'd just be a distraction. Do you think it would be worth it to keep him on the bench?

He will demand a trade, but if the Skins want to keep him, it won't be a problem IMO whether we trade for Hasselbeck or draft Sanchez.

If Sanchez is drafted today, I foresee Campbell starting this season because:

+ No team is likely to give us much in trade given Jason's contract status and his need to learn another new system if he goes elsewhere;

+ Jason's value as a good locker room citizen is worth money to him when he goes on the market in 2010; he won't do or say anything to jeopardize that;

+ Jason is a competitor -- when he straps on that helmet on Sunday, he's going to give it everything he has;

+ Sanchez will benefit from sitting a year, so unless he's just phenomenal in the training and preseason, Coach will want to go with Jason.

My premise in the OP is that Seattle really wants Sanchez and doesn't want to trade out of that spot..

I don't think thats there style. They are too conservative IMO. Drafting a QB at number 4, and still having a solid QB in Hasselbeck.

With Mora in charge, I see defense.

over the cards?

The Cards only went 9-7 during the regular season. Getting to the SB does not guarantee that they will improve. Plus, if Warner goes down, it may be lights out for Zona. If the Skins were lining up against them right now, I would expect us to win, just like last season.

The previous year, Seattle was 10-6 and Arizona was 8-8. I could see them battling it out again. Plus, SF finished 7-9 last year and they may contend as well. Until the Cards prove it, there is no clear cut winner out there.

I see Campbell goint to Seattle. Seattle wanted JC the year the Redskins drafted him.

Holmgren wanted Jason for his WCO? Never heard that and hard to believe. He looked like a Doug Williams/ Coryell-Gibbs type to me.

Fitz is one year better.

So is Hightower

Pope is getting better.

Breaston is too.

the Shehawks are old and still can't win the div. I think the Cards hold on to that div for at least 3 years.

I think the Cards are better too. I just think that no team in the NFC West should be convinced that the Cards are the runaway winners until they prove it and win 11+ games. They are one Warner injury away from falling back to the middle anyways.

I think the Cards are better too. I just think that no team in the NFC West should be convinced that the Cards are the runaway winners until they prove it and win 11+ games. They are one Warner injury away from falling back to the middle anyways.

what, you arent sold on a USC QB? :silly:

He will demand a trade, but if the Skins want to keep him, it won't be a problem IMO whether we trade for Hasselbeck or draft Sanchez.

If Sanchez is drafted today, I foresee Campbell starting this season

I don't disagree that JC should start in that situation, but I don't think he'd want to.

Snyder told Sanchez that it would be an open competition in training camp and (assuming JC shows up) if Sanchez clearly wins, we'd have to let him start or our "QB of the future" will feel betrayed.

On the other hand, JC might not even show up to camp in that situation and then we have Sanchez starting or a competition between Sanchez, Collins and Brennan.

Either way I can't see JC starting this year, in this scenario.

Archived