1. 1. Sexy draft picks?

• Yes
    • No

Yeahhh, torture mother****er what?

What?

I'll ****in

I'll ****in tie you to a ****in bedpost

with your...

Anyway, so I personally think that the Presidents Number one job is to protect American lives. If you have to torture to do that, you torture. First off, I think everyone is kidding themselves when they say "the US doesn't torture." All gov't will torture and all gov't will continue to torture if they want info.

And for those who say we shouldn't torture, what if the guy who you decide not to torture has info about the next 9/11 and you don't torture? Because you didn't torture a terrorist and somone sworn to kill everyone on of us here, many Americans were killed.

We have the best intelligence in the world and the chances of making a mistake and torturing the wrong person are probably pretty low.

No toture of any sort. I voted for this one even though I'm not to clear on what "toture" is.

Say we have a terrorist in custody, he knows of a bomb that is about to go off and kill 3,000 Americans, the terrorist knows where the bomb is, what limitations would you put on the CIA get the information needed to stop the attack?

Say we have a terrorist in custody, he knows of a bomb that is about to go off and kill 3,000 Americans, the terrorist knows where the bomb is, what limitations would you put on the CIA get the information needed to stop the attack?

Real life is not an episode of 24.

That second choice you listed, depriving them of sleep, is torture.

During Stalin's purges in Russia in the 1930's sleep deprivation was one of the main tactics used to interrogate and make political prisoners admit their "plans" against the state. In most cases the charges were made up, but the lack of sleep along with other torture made most people admit to anything even if it was completely false.

Anyways, i voted yes for torture. fine by me if it keeps us safe, and i believe it does.

During Stalin's purges in Russia in the 1930's sleep deprivation was one of the main tactics used to interrogate and make political prisoners admit their "plans" against the state. In most cases the charges were made up, but the lack of sleep along with other torture made most people admit to anything even if it was completely false.

Anyways, i voted yes for torture. fine by me if it keeps us safe, and i believe it does.

I believe we have labled that "extreme interrogation." :)

You pretty much just summed up why I think Torture doesn't work. After awhile I'd tell you what you want to hear. Why? Because being Tortured sux no matter what you know/believe.

You watch to much T.V.:evilg: Ask Keefer Sutherland.
Real life is not an episode of 24.

Really, you don't remember a day when 4 planes were hijacked and 3 of them were flown into buildings?

Your answers are cop outs, I am just going to assume you would rather save a terrorist than the Americans.

The problem with your poll is that the reality isn't so binary. (Despite all of the declarations of binary positions by Tailgate posters.)

I think that almost everybody approves of torture for a good enough reason.

We simply differ on what's a good enough reason. And what sort of rules should be used. And who's the judge of what's good enough and what isn't. And what sort of reviews will be conducted.

Really, you don't remember a day when 4 planes were hijacked and 3 of them were flown into buildings?

Your answers are cop outs, I am just going to assume you would rather save a terrorist than the Americans.

Whereas your artificial scenario is completely reflective of reality.

I'm going to assume you're an idiot.

So using Torture would have changed what happened that day? And just because I don't agree with using torture doesn't mean I love terrorist. There are other ways to get info. Maybe if Intelligence Agencies like the NSA or CIA actually did there jobs they could gather more accurate info. Oh but what do I know I'm just some terrorist loving Liberal.:D

So using Torture would have changed what happened that day? And just because I don't agree with using torture doesn't mean I love terrorist. There are other ways to get info. Maybe if Intelligence Agencies like the NSA or CIA actually did there jobs they could gather more accurate info. Oh but what do I know I'm just some terrorist loving Liberal.:D

clietas.

That some French name, or somethin?

Whereas your artificial scenario is completely reflective of reality.

I'm going to assume you're an idiot.

First, I wouldn't put it past them.

Substitute the bomb in the building with a terrorist with a bomb on his chest and he is going to blow himself up on a bus.

I mean really do you need to be a dick about it?

Archived