Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were you/Are you in a Fraternity and What is your impression of them?

buenosdiaz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My impression in general was that fraternities were guys that wanted to extend their high school years.....formals, being attention-whorish, more fighting than is normal for adults, desperate for acceptance, etc. I dated 2 sorority girls in college, one was awesome in all aspects, one was the sterotype ditzy sororitute spoiled brat narcissist.

i believe the term is sorostitute

i never really got into the pledging thing.

i mean pledging sucked, dont get me wrong. but beating people up can't be justified. i cant tell you how many house meetings we had b/c someone would push a pledge or something. our pledging was brutal, but nothing physical.

and it sounds silly to say, but i didnt know many of my pledge brothers (only had 6) when we started and by the end they were my best friends.

While I enjoyed it in school, I was very let down after we graduated by the lack of "brotherhood"

this...

i feel like a lot of my friends joined because they expected this

my best friend is in a fraternity and we didnt need to pledge together to have a "brotherhood" and stay in touch and remain best friends

i would get in a fight for him any day of the week and vice versa

he does not feel the same way about a lot of his brothers and rarely talks to most of them

this...

i feel like a lot of my friends joined because they expected this

my best friend is in a fraternity and we didnt need to pledge together to have a "brotherhood" and stay in touch and remain best friends

i would get in a fight for him any day of the week and vice versa

he does not feel the same way about a lot of his brothers and rarely talks to most of them

My boys from college and I still go to all the football games together and have ridiculous tailgates even though we live in 5 or 6 different states.

They also come visit here with the DC chapter of the alumni association has their annual bar crawl.

I think you need another choice under the "yes" categories. I was in one but I was 50/50... I enjoyed some aspects of it. I'm still really good friends with some of my fraternity brothers. But there were aspects I didn't enjoy—mandatory participation in activities, superficial bs, etc

Why pay for friends?

Because it grants you access to sorority type girls, who want to date fraternity type guys. When you want tacos, you don't go to Burger King now do you?.

I think you need another choice under the "yes" categories. I was in one but I was 50/50... I enjoyed some aspects of it. I'm still really good friends with some of my fraternity brothers. But there were aspects I didn't enjoy—mandatory participation in activities, superficial bs, etc

Why pay for friends?

Because it grants you access to sorority type girls, who want to date fraternity type guys. When you want tacos, you don't go to Burger King now do you?.

i hooked up with them without pledging

Why pay for friends?

So you were in a frat because you could get girls that way? Plus most sorority girls are annoying

I think a lot of this comes down to what college you went to. At my school, greeks were about 15% and we were the #1 party school in the nation 2 of my years. Greeks just didnt matter that much for campus life. House parties and bars were where it was at. I had house parties that got more out of control than most frat parties. Hell, my apartment threw one that required the police to hose down the entire property with pepper spray. :)

At some schools, if you arent Greek, you arent ****. My father went to a school like that. It's just the culture at some schools.

Why pay for friends?

Thats pretty much where I would fall too.

Plus most sorority girls are annoying

They're not so bad when you get them away from the group. I think it multiplies in numbers.

I dated around a dozen girls in college, and if I remember correctly, at least half were in sororities. Considering how prevalent greek stuff is at Longwood, that's probably a low percentage. Some of them were annoying, some were pretty cool girls. The last one I wound up married to.

But to a person, each one of them was far more bearable when we were out by ourselves or with my friends. I didn't mind some of their sorority sisters, but my God, put them together and there was always too much going on, whether it was noise, catfighting, crying, whatever.

Archived