Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11- LA Attack

hokie4redskins

• FACT: EITs produced 3,000 of the 6,000 critical counter-terror intelligence reports only after normal techniques had proven fruitless;

• FACT: EITs used on Zubaydah revealed KSM's identity as a mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks;

• FACT: KSM ratted out a number of mass-murderers including Hambali;

• FACT: Hambali's brother ratted out a cell bent on "9/11 Wave 2" on the West Coast;

• FACT: Zubaydah also revealed Padilla and his plan to detonate a simplistic dirty bomb in Washington, DC;

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/04/exclusive-text-what-waterboarding.html

First, let's call a spade a spade. EITs is a euphemism for torture. Maybe not hang, draw and quarter torture, but torture nonetheless.

Second, how the hell can anyone sit and honestly say that they know that torture is an an effective tool? Even assuming that torture extracts useful information and setting aside moral issues, does it offset (a) the waste of time that we spend going down rabbit holes chasing leads that are BS, and (B) the propaganda it generates for the terrorists?

Finally, will someone who supports the use of EITs please at least concede that torture raises SOME moral issues and it is at least possible we're crossing certain lines? The right for years has complained about moral relativism, but when it comes to torture they seem to have embraced it with a bear hug.

Dumb request...can someone describe exactly what waterboarding is?

Also, as stated by others, if they had good intel that someone had information and was not cooperating, I have no problem with torture being used on these pieces of crap. It pales in comparison to the atrocities that are committed against our soldiers when they are captured. Not to mention...these people are being captured because they are involved in plots to try to kill Americans!!!

The whole thing as rather silly from all sides. yet another distractor from the things that both major parties have done to our country (economically and tyranically)

For the supporters of H2O boarding: shut up and find a new, more accepted method that doesnt stir up crap while yielding good intel.

For the detractors of H2Oboarding: Shut up and realize that harsh methods can and most likely will be used to gain intel that could save American lives. Be pleased that the issue is in the sunlight and that those in power will think twice when they consider what tactics to use in the future.

Now all sides get back to work on my economy and protecting my liberties!

Dumb request...can someone describe exactly what waterboarding is?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

In this procedure, the individual is bound securely to an inclined bench, which is approximately four feet by seven feet. The individual's feet are generally elevated. A cloth is placed over the forehead and eyes. Water is then applied to the cloth in a controlled manner. As this is done, the cloth is lowered until it covers both the nose and mouth. Once the cloth is saturated and completely covers the mouth and nose, air flow is slightly restricted for 20 to 40 seconds due to the presence of the cloth… During those 20 to 40 seconds, water is continuously applied from a height of twelve to twenty-four inches. After this period, the cloth is lifted, and the individual is allowed to breathe unimpeded for three or four full breaths… The procedure may then be repeated. The water is usually applied from a canteen cup or small watering can with a spout… You have… informed us that it is likely that this procedure would not last more than twenty minutes in any one application."

Finally, will someone who supports the use of EITs please at least concede that torture raises SOME moral issues and it is at least possible we're crossing certain lines? The right for years has complained about moral relativism, but when it comes to torture they seem to have embraced it with a bear hug.

I support it wholeheartedly as a last resort.

In my mind there isn't a moral issue. The safety of innocent Americans here and abroad is much more important than one person's life (which isn't even being taken away) who has used that life in efforts of attacking our public. I don't see how that's a moral issue. It seems pretty simple to me.

Second, how the hell can anyone sit and honestly say that they know that torture is an an effective tool? Even assuming that torture extracts useful information and setting aside moral issues, does it offset (a) the waste of time that we spend going down rabbit holes chasing leads that are BS, and (B) the propaganda it generates for the terrorists?
Please provide all of your personal experience in interrogation. I have none, and therefore will not expound on each method's effectiveness.

a) It is the CIA's and FBI's job to chase leads.

B) Terrorists need no propaganda to do evil deeds.

Please provide all of your personal experience in interrogation. I have none, and therefore will not expound on each method's effectiveness.

a) It is the CIA's and FBI's job to chase leads.

B) Terrorists need no propaganda to do evil deeds.

I have none either, and so I'm not going to expound on each method's effectiveness. That was the whole point of that passage you cited from my post.

I support it wholeheartedly as a last resort.

In my mind there isn't a moral issue. The safety of innocent Americans here and abroad is much more important than one person's life (which isn't even being taken away) who has used that life in efforts of attacking our public. I don't see how that's a moral issue. It seems pretty simple to me.

Without saying whether it is right or wrong, if you don't think there are ANY moral issues with torturing someone, your brain is missing a chip.

Without saying whether it is right or wrong, if you don't think there are ANY moral issues with torturing someone, your brain is missing a chip.

Sorry, nothing is wrong with those tactics. The "torture" has been shown to work...I'm fine with it.

If we were doing other things (eg, electric torture to the testicles, table racks etc) then I could see the problem.

And THIS is what is wrong with "progressives" abd why they alienate everyone else. Their way of thinking is right, and if you disagree there has to be something wrong with you. Either you weren't educated properly, or you are simply wired wrong and are incapable of higher thought.

And THIS is what is wrong with "progressives" abd why they alienate everyone else. Their way of thinking is right, and if you disagree there has to be something wrong with you. Either you weren't educated properly, or you are simply wired wrong and are incapable of higher thought.

I think he is talking about the mental weakness that allows people to proudly proclaim their principles one minute and be ready to violate them the next.

Yeah, it's terrible the way people treat someone when he announces that he sees nothing immoral whatsoever with torturing someone.

It's like they think there's something defective about people who have no conscience whatsoever, or something.

Yeah, it's terrible the way people treat someone when he announces that he sees nothing immoral whatsoever with torturing someone.

It's like they think there's something defective about people who have no conscience whatsoever, or something.

Yeah because thinking that torture being used in times of absolute need correlates to someone not having a conscious :doh:

Seriously, the anti-"torture" crowd needs to :stfu:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30335592/

Intel chief: Harsh techniques brought good info

Private memo says interrogation methods helped nation in terrorism fight

WASHINGTON - President Obama’s national intelligence director told colleagues in a private memo last week that the harsh interrogation techniques banned by the White House did produce significant information that helped the nation in its struggle with terrorists.

“High value information came from interrogations in which those methods were used and provided a deeper understanding of the al Qa’ida organization that was attacking this country,” Adm. Dennis C. Blair, the intelligence director, wrote in a memo to his staff last Thursday.

Admiral Blair sent his memo on the same day the administration publicly released secret Bush administration legal memos authorizing the use of interrogation methods that the Obama White House has deemed to be illegal torture. Among other things, the Bush administration memos revealed that two captured Qaeda operatives were subjected to a form of near-drowning known as waterboarding a total of 266 times.

Since its here: going with it being correct: Work with me here:

Those against the 3 water boardings:

Did the 10 people in

Did the 100 people in

Did the 1000 people in

Did the 10000 people in

Did the 100000 people in

Did the 1000000 people in

LA deserve to die to keep America clean and shiny?

Pick one.

Would you be willing to perform oral on Osama Bin Laden if it saved the lives of 100 Americans? 1,000 Americans? This is fun.

Perhaps it's just that the definitions of the words "Morality", "Conscience" and even "Torture" are not defined similarly by all groups. Just like a group that believes they have the corner on the definition of the word "tolerance", so long as you think like them.

Would you be willing to perform oral on Osama Bin Laden if it saved the lives of 100 Americans? 1,000 Americans? This is fun.

Wondering if that might be an effective interrogation technique.

(Wondering if there's anybody in the government who thinks I was serious.)

Archived