Extremeskins

New Dan Brown novel coming this September

The Evil Genius

• 2 weeks later...
1. Angels & Demons

2. Deception Point

3. Da Vinci Code

4. Digital Fortress

I liked Digital Fortress better then any of his other books because Langdon was not a part of it.

Looks like Tom Hanks will have ranother overhyped movie to star in. he did nothing for me as Robert Langdon, not what I pictured at all.

I liked Digital Fortress better then any of his other books because Langdon was not a part of it.

Looks like Tom Hanks will have ranother overhyped movie to star in. he did nothing for me as Robert Langdon, not what I pictured at all.

Digital Fortress and Deception Point would make the best movies.

The other two (probably along with the new one) are so packed with background and historical information that they don't translate well.

Also, Hanks wasn't who I pictured as Langdon either.

Shoulda picked George Clooney.

Im not much of a reader, I am very picky when it comes to my books, But I LOVE dan brown. I loved all 4 of his books. Each and everyone of them, I could not put down, and just wanted to keep going and going and then was upset once I was done. I have been anxiously waiting for this new book ever since I finished reading digital fortress[last one I read of the four] So I am very very excited for this book.

• 4 weeks later...

Borders Bookstores are having midnight sales of the new book TONIGHT at select stores.

The one in Bowie, MD is closest to me.

Book will officially be on sale 8am tomorrow. If you're one of those book club members of Borders, you save 40%.

I've read the Prologue and Chapter 1 of the book online and numerous clips here and there. All reviews have been exciting. I'm really lookin forward to reading it.

:)

The Borders in Frederick is open tonight and yes, I'm a big geek and I'm going to get it (glad MNF is on to keep me awake until then!). I loved DaVinci Code and I'm really surprised they only printed 5m of the new one. I also have a few signed first editions of DBs books in my collection and I'd like to add this one as well (although getting a signature from him is near impossible).

Can't wait to read it!

Horrible, horrible, horrible writer - but they are pretty entertaining.

If you like fast paced mystery novels that are written extremely well check out Stieg Larrsons. He wrote 3 amazing books and then died, only the first two have been released right now in the US.

This is the first one. IT IS AMAZING. Once you are 150 pages in, you won't stop until you are done......READ IT!

http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Dragon-Tattoo-Stieg-Larsson/dp/1847242537

Thanks for posting the review. I just picked this one up and look forward to reading it! Better than Dan Brown in your opinion?

• 2 months later...

To those interested, my friend and fellow Freemason Christopher Hodapp has a new book coming out called 'Deciphering The Lost Symbol'. It will be in stores Dec 1st.

http://web.mac.com/chodapp/Hodapps/Books_&_Events/Entries/2009/11/7_Deciphering_The_Lost_Symbol_Freemasons,_Myths_and_the_Mysteries_of_washington_D.C..html

Chris is very happy with Dan Brown's portrayal of the fraternity. He has been on speaking tours around the country every since the book came out. If you've seen any of the documentaries on History Channel or any other channel, you may have seen him on it.

Finished the book last month. I didn't think it was either good or bad, just...semi-entertaining. I liked the twist at the end though, that made it a bit better. :)

Chris is very happy with Dan Brown's portrayal of the fraternity. He has been on speaking tours around the country every since the book came out. If you've seen any of the documentaries on History Channel or any other channel, you may have seen him on it.

While I'm certainly not a Freemason and don't know much about the organization besides stuff I sometimes see on the History Channel, I thought Mr. Brown's portrayal of the fraternity was pretty balanced.

To those interested, my friend and fellow Freemason Christopher Hodapp has a new book coming out called 'Deciphering The Lost Symbol'. It will be in stores Dec 1st.

http://web.mac.com/chodapp/Hodapps/Books_&_Events/Entries/2009/11/7_Deciphering_The_Lost_Symbol_Freemasons,_Myths_and_the_Mysteries_of_washington_D.C..html

interesting... i might just pick that up when it comes out. my wife's grandfather recently passed and had a mason ritual at the beginning of the funeral. we didn't know he was a mason, but the ritual was pretty cool. better than the funeral service really.

i liked lost symbol as an easy, entertaining read. i picked up on the "twist" VERY early on, though.

Archived