Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: J. Campbell will be traded on draft day...

skinsfan93

if his release was slow he would never have been drafted so high.

I'd like to see what JC can do in this offense this year, so I'm not yelling for his head on a platter, and I'm not sold on Sanchez being such a can't-miss prospect that he's worth the kitchen sink, so don't think I'm trying to attack your main theory, but the quoted statement doesn't seem to make much sense. QBs with slow releases do get drafted high. Leftwich went #7 overall. Alex Smith went #1. Matt Leinart went #10.

Just sayin'. :whoknows:

Are you new to the game? Just become a Redskins fan?

Here's a quick course:

The REDSKINS want to make the playoffs and get to the Superbowl.

This is why they spend $139 million dollars in the offseason.

Here's another fact. Teams just don't start rookie QB's and expect them to lead them to the promised land.

Starting Sanchez is NOT something the Skins are prepared to do.

Todd Collins wasn't considered a viable starter LAST year, coming off a pretty good 5 game streak. He is 2 years older and is considered less a viable starter. Nobody expects him to take the Skins to the playoffs.

Colt Brennen is a rookie. He was drafted a year ago and has ZERO experience in the NFL so starting him would be pretty much like starting Sanchez.

All of your options for QB hold water as well as a paper bag made from cotton candy.

Here is another fact: You don't like Jason Campbell, BUT despite that fact, Jason will be starting against the NEW YORK GIANTS on that first Sunday.

He has experience in the system, which he did not have last season. He is entering his 4th year of playing regular season games in the NFL, and he has most if not all his team-mates rooting for him and fighting hard for his success.

The Skins will live or die with Jason Campbell this season and there will be no draft day trade which would disrupt the organization, destabilize the player morale, and give the entire organization a feeling of its a rebuilding year. In other words, trading Campbell on draft day would give the entire team a HUGE letdown.

Not going to happen! Sorry.

I love when someone has a different opinion than others, then they must be some kind of moron who has no knowledge of football or even better just became a skins fan! :doh:

As for your final statement saying that we will live or die with JC since it would disrupt the team, what is the thought process with Cutler and now bringing in Sanchez for workouts, etc.? Do you think JC lives under a rock and hasn't heard about all of this?

I dont see anyone giving us enough for JC to get high enough to draft Sanchez. We have shopped him and made it look as though he is not that valuable to us, so, if we arent showing any confidence in him, why should another team give up valuable picks to acquire him??

same with flacco, cause boller got hurt. again, im not expecting a rookie to come in here and light it up, but its not unheard of.

right now im so bummed about the QB situation, it sucks all the way around. im not a campbell guy, and i think the offense will suck with him at the helm. but theres really no other viable answer right now. unless colt gets a shot and hes seriously brady junior, we have nothing to go on. collins wont succeed in this offense, and his arm strength is a big question mark. drafting sanchez is a future move, which is cool, but its not like were doing a washington nationals and just saying this year is rebuild time.

i think our offense is doomed personally. lets hope im wrong.

Brandon Lloyd Christmas...... Has all 9,141 of youre posts about you, and how much you hate JC?:D

Its kind of funny that I see this thread today. I had a dream the other night that JC was traded to the Lions, in a deal that gave us their pick. We used it on Sanchez and had a TERRIBLE year.

Meanwhile, JC had a great outing in Detroit and the new chant there was "Campbell to Calvin". Wierd!

I sure as hell hope so, Jason Campbells garbage. If he wasn't we would have had no problem moving him to Denver. What is it going to take for some of you insane fans to admit this? All signs point to him being exactly what he has been...average. We need more then average play with this offense to have any success. Our WR's aren't good enough to make plays if Jason can't help them. Our Offensive Line isn't good enough to disguise average QB play. We need a QB, if we can get Sanchez we got a chance, if we are stuck with Jason one more season expect another 8-8 year with us losing games a better QB would win and to be in this exact same spot next season...looking for a QB

I dont see anyone giving us enough for JC to get high enough to draft Sanchez. We have shopped him and made it look as though he is not that valuable to us, so, if we arent showing any confidence in him, why should another team give up valuable picks to acquire him??

Ya and you got to know JC knows this. The fun thing to watch will be JC and MS in the same locker room.CB and MS played high school in the same area, so if CB is still hear they will get along. but JC and MS could be another story. No way Zorn can handel that!!!

I sure as hell hope so, Jason Campbells garbage. If he wasn't we would have had no problem moving him to Denver. What is it going to take for some of you insane fans to admit this? All signs point to him being exactly what he has been...average. We need more then average play with this offense to have any success. Our WR's aren't good enough to make plays if Jason can't help them. Our Offensive Line isn't good enough to disguise average QB play. We need a QB, if we can get Sanchez we got a chance, if we are stuck with Jason one more season expect another 8-8 year with us losing games a better QB would win and to be in this exact same spot next season...looking for a QB

So... according t your post...

Our Line needs help

Our WR's need help

We have an average QB (who is "garbage" in the same post) so lets replace him. So. Is he garbage or average?

Our Line needs help

Yes it does. Do you disagree?

Our WR's need help

You bet they do. Do you disagree with this?

We have an average QB (who is "garbage" in the same post) so lets replace him. So. Is he garbage or average?

Average at best. That's what I think. He's not good. He's not great. He's played last year at times horribly. None of this can be argued. The arguing comes in when you want to say why you think Jason's looked like crap all of these years and come up with a million excuses why in 4 years he's looked more like Tony Banks then Randell Cunningham. I don't buy your excuses and neither does any one else outside of the fanbase. If Campbell was regarded as being anything special he would have already been traded, problem is Denver and other teams just don't think Campbells worth a damn and really he's not. If they thought like you did we would have Cutler now. Sorry man but like it or not the only people on the Campbell bandwagon are loyalist Skins fans that see nothing but Burgendy and Gold and have a hard time with reality. That's what I think, thinking otherwise is just insane (you know the doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results kinda thing like thinking Jason Campbell will lead the team to the playoffs this year.....) We need a new QB and leader on the team.

So what was your point anyway?

Yes it does. Do you disagree?

You bet they do. Do you disagree with this?

Average at best. That's what I think. He's not good. He's not great. He's played last year at times horribly. None of this can be argued. The arguing comes in when you want to say why you think Jason's looked like crap all of these years and come up with a million excuses why in 4 years he's looked more like Tony Banks then Randell Cunningham. I don't buy your excuses and neither does any one else outside of the fanbase. If Campbell was regarded as being anything special he would have already been traded, problem is Denver and other teams just don't think Campbells worth a damn and really he's not. If they thought like you did we would have Cutler now. Sorry man but like it or not the only people on the Campbell bandwagon are loyalist Skins fans that see nothing but Burgendy and Gold and have a hard time with reality. That's what I think, thinking otherwise is just insane (you know the doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results kinda thing like thinking Jason Campbell will lead the team to the playoffs this year.....) We need a new QB and leader on the team.

So what was your point anyway?

Point was... we need oline help

we need WR help

So replace the QB.

It makes a ton of sense.

I dont wear the B&G glasses all th time. I dont think JC is the next Montana. But I do think he is servicable. I think he will accell greatly with a better line.

IMO... I dont care if we gave all our draft picks away for one Peyton Manning. The end result would be the same with this old bunch in the trenches. No QB can throw from his back. Not one.

62.3% completions, 6 ints in over 500 attempts.... no matter how you want to slice it, that doesn't say inaccurate.

I would hope he had a modest 62.3% completion percentage and a low INT total, given the number of 8 yard curls and checkdowns the man throws. He's in a WCO, and did not go downfield very much last season. You think, possibly, his modest completion percentage combined with being in a WCO really isnt THAT impressive?

Here's a better stat: He's like 30th in TD percentage, which actually is below such studs as jamarcus russel, Orlovsky (of Lions fame, might I add), trent edwards, and david gerrard. On the plus side, he is above ryan fitzpatrick (who coincidently outplayed him in our game this past season) and marc bulger.

Danny will take whatever he can get for JC if we draft Sanchez for a couple of reasons.

Number 1: he doesn't want the move to blow up in his face. If he trades up to take Sanchez and JC plays great, it looks like a terrible move.

Number 2: Sanchez is going to command a very hefty contract. If JC plays well, the Skins wouldn't be able to afford him even if they wanted to bring him back. You can't pay two qbs huge salaries.

Number 3: JC won't want to come back in 2010 (if he plays well). He will walk because he'll see the writing on the wall.

Fact is, if we draft Sanchez, JC is a lameduck with no chance of being a skin past the season. Starting him doesn't make a lot of sense.

Archived