Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: J. Campbell will be traded on draft day...

skinsfan93

I'm not sure if anyone else started a thread predicting Campbell will be traded (search function didn't work) but I believe it will happen on draft day! I feel we will trade up with Seattle to draft Mark Sanchez. It is reported Seattle could be interested in Sanchez but I think Seattle (with a new coach) is comfortable with Hasselbeck for at least the next couple of years. By getting our 13th pick, they can still get wideouts Crabtree or Maclin, a position that is of more need.

Of course, right now we don't have enough ammunition to gain the 4th pick. We would probably trade our 2nd round pick for next year and more than likely a 3rd round pick this year to move up.

In order to make it happen, we will trade Campbell (who we already shopped) so we should have knowledge on which teams would be interested and what we could receive. My bet is that we could receive either a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A team will take a gamble on JC who has nfl experience and is in the final year of his contract. If he goes to a team and plays the same as he did this past year, the team can sign him to a relatively modest deal. If he flourishes, the team has their qb.

The trading of Campbell makes sense since the Redskins don't feel he will ever be THE FUTURE of this team. Let's face facts. The team wanted Cutler. Then the team brings in Sanchez for a hard look. Snyder and company might have brought Zorn in to work with Campbell to help him develop but obviously the team has given up on him ever becoming good enough to lead this team. If the Skins were even remotely interested keeping him, it would have happened.

At least by trading him, you are getting something for someone who you plan on letting go after this year. In addition by getting rid of him, the team helps to avoid any potential qb controversy.

Now if Sanchez isn't ready to go by the beginning of the year, the team can turn to Collins (I would prefer Colt) to bridge the gap. Collins isn't the answer but he could have a similar effect as the starter like he did 2 years ago ala Kerry Collins.

I realize by trading Campbell and then trading more picks for Sanchez is a gamble and a move which will be certainly scrutinized by fans, media and the nfl. Do you really think Snyder cares and isn't willing to take chances? He wants to win and is willing to make moves that he and Cerrato feels is necessary. In my opinion, this is a move that is only made for a potential qb.

If Sanchez stayed one more year at USC (and played similar to this year), he probably would be the first overall pick next year. In my opinion, there are a lot of reasons Sanchez will do well especially in a pro-style west coast offense.

So...anyone else believe this could happen???

I don't believe this will happen. Snyder will wait till after this year to make a decision he'll try and improve the o line. If campbell cant produce in his second year in the same offfense and with a capable team he's gone. But more likely he will do good if the o-line improves and he'll get an extension.

Are you new to the game? Just become a Redskins fan?

Here's a quick course:

The REDSKINS want to make the playoffs and get to the Superbowl.

This is why they spend $139 million dollars in the offseason.

Here's another fact. Teams just don't start rookie QB's and expect them to lead them to the promised land.

Starting Sanchez is NOT something the Skins are prepared to do.

Todd Collins wasn't considered a viable starter LAST year, coming off a pretty good 5 game streak. He is 2 years older and is considered less a viable starter. Nobody expects him to take the Skins to the playoffs.

Colt Brennen is a rookie. He was drafted a year ago and has ZERO experience in the NFL so starting him would be pretty much like starting Sanchez.

All of your options for QB hold water as well as a paper bag made from cotton candy.

Here is another fact: You don't like Jason Campbell, BUT despite that fact, Jason will be starting against the NEW YORK GIANTS on that first Sunday.

He has experience in the system, which he did not have last season. He is entering his 4th year of playing regular season games in the NFL, and he has most if not all his team-mates rooting for him and fighting hard for his success.

The Skins will live or die with Jason Campbell this season and there will be no draft day trade which would disrupt the organization, destabilize the player morale, and give the entire organization a feeling of its a rebuilding year. In other words, trading Campbell on draft day would give the entire team a HUGE letdown.

Not going to happen! Sorry.

Starting Sanchez is NOT something the Skins are prepared to do.

That's really the big reason why I don't think trading for him will happen. It flies in the face of a lot of the "win now" moves that the FO has made. It doesn't mean that they won't pick Sanchez if he's there at #13, but even then they probably wouldn't trade Campbell.

Are you new to the game? Just become a Redskins fan?

Here's another fact. Teams just don't start rookie QB's and expect them to lead them to the promised land.

Matt Ryan and Flacco say hi.

Continue your teaching now. Thanks.

Yes, it could definitely happen. Anything can happen with this FO.

I hope that it doesn't, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

No..actually it cannot happen. And not anything can happen with this front office, actually anything EXCEPT that can happen.

Vinnie/Danny are inept but the ONE thing that they remain consistent at is attempting to UPGRADE. Sanchez, Collins, and Brennen are not considered UPGRADES over Campbell. Sanchez is a junior QB coming out of college and has never even thought of the NFC EAST much less faced the defenses here. Trust me. Sanchez in 2009? You would not want to see him against that NY or Dallas Pass rush. It would be very ugly....and Vinnie/Danny understand that completely.

However, I don't doubt for a minute that the Skins want Sanchez so he can be on board for next season if Campbell fails. But Sanchez would ride the bench, clipboard in hand, the entire season.

That is a silly comment. Nobody expected the Falcons to make the playoffs. Did you bother to even read my post? It says that nobody starts a rookie Qb expecting...EXPECTING to make the playoffs.

Flacco threw exactly ONE more TD pass than Jason Campbell. What makes him sensational. Especially since he doesn't play in the NFC east.

Matt Ryan threw exactly 2 more TD passes than Jason...and he doesn't play in the NFC EAST either.

You snipe is childish and borish and is not worthy of this board in an intelligent discussion. Please read the posts with understanding before commenting.

Yeah, I'm sure the Ravens were thinking Superbowl when they drafted Falcco after a losing season.

And I'm sure the rebuilding Falcons were thinking Superbowl as well when they drafted Ryan, lol.

No..actually it cannot happen. And not anything can happen with this front office, actually anything EXCEPT that can happen.

Vinnie/Danny are inept but the ONE thing that they remain consistent at is attempting to UPGRADE. Sanchez, Collins, and Brennen are not considered UPGRADES over Campbell. Sanchez is a junior QB coming out of college and has never even thought of the NFC EAST much less faced the defenses here. Trust me. Sanchez in 2009? You would not want to see him against that NY or Dallas Pass rush. It would be very ugly....and Vinnie/Danny understand that completely.

However, I don't doubt for a minute that the Skins want Sanchez so he can be on board for next season if Campbell fails. But Sanchez would ride the bench, clipboard in hand, the entire season.

I want to see neither JC nor Sanchez as our qb next season.

And many might argue that Sanchez is at least on par with JC right now.

Few would argue that 5 years from now, that Sanchez could possibly be less effective than JC is today.

Yeah, I'm sure the Ravens were thinking Superbowl when they drafted Falcco after a losing season.

And I'm sure the rebuilding Falcons were thinking Superbowl as well when they drafted Ryan, lol.

With that defense? The Ravens are always thinking Superbowl.

And by taking Ryan, the Falcons committed to making him the new face of their franchise.

Pretty big vote of confidence on both counts.

And you just know Danny is hoping he can do the same.

big ben and peyton manning are waving too.

rookies can come in and make an impact, its not unheard.

Big Ben, while being touted as a franchise QB when he was drafted by Cowher, started out as the #3 QB when he was drafted by the Steelers in '04, playing behind Tommy Maddox and Charlie Batch. Batch was injured in preseason, which moved Ben up to #2. Maddox started the season and won the home opener, but was injured the next game against the Ravens.

So Roethlisberger was forced in early because of injury, so no, he's not waving.

big ben and peyton manning are waving too.

rookies can come in and make an impact, its not unheard.

I would list all the rookie QB's who have taken their teams to 2-14 or 1-15 or 3-13 records over the years but it would be wasted on someone like you.

However, interesting to note that you like to compare all the rookie QB failures to Peyton Manning and then throw in the name of junior straight out of college Sanchez, as though he will revolutionize football.

However, since you want to be instrucrted, let me teach you a lesson right now. Peyton Manning should never be compared to Jason Campbell when talking about rookie seasons. Because Peyton had TWENTY EIGHT...28 interceptions in his rookie year. So attempting to make a point that Peyton Manning had a great rookie season backfired in your face.

28 interceptions is EXACTLY why teams that expect...EXPECT to make the playoffs, DO NOT START ROOKIES. Thanks for falling into that trap.

Giggle, giggle, giggle.

Big Ben, while being touted as a franchise QB when he was drafted by Cowher, started out as the #3 QB when he was drafted by the Steelers in '04, playing behind Tommy Maddox and Charlie Batch. Batch was injured in preseason, which moved Ben up to #2. Maddox started the season and won the home opener, but was injured the next game against the Ravens.

So Roethlisberger was forced in early because of injury, so no, he's not waving.

same with flacco, cause boller got hurt. again, im not expecting a rookie to come in here and light it up, but its not unheard of.

right now im so bummed about the QB situation, it sucks all the way around. im not a campbell guy, and i think the offense will suck with him at the helm. but theres really no other viable answer right now. unless colt gets a shot and hes seriously brady junior, we have nothing to go on. collins wont succeed in this offense, and his arm strength is a big question mark. drafting sanchez is a future move, which is cool, but its not like were doing a washington nationals and just saying this year is rebuild time.

i think our offense is doomed personally. lets hope im wrong.

I would list all the rookie QB's who have taken their teams to 2-14 or 1-15 or 3-13 records over the years but it would be wasted on someone like you.

However, interesting to note that you like to compare all the rookie QB failures to Peyton Manning and then throw in the name of junior straight out of college Sanchez, as though he will revolutionize football.

However, since you want to be instrucrted, let me teach you a lesson right now. Peyton Manning should never be compared to Jason Campbell when talking about rookie seasons. Because Peyton had TWENTY EIGHT...28 interceptions in his rookie year. So attempting to make a point that Peyton Manning had a great rookie season backfired in your face.

28 interceptions is EXACTLY why teams that expect...EXPECT to make the playoffs, DO NOT START ROOKIES. Thanks for falling into that trap.

Giggle, giggle, giggle.

he also threw 24 TDs, something campbell has never and will never come close to. ones going to the hall of fame, the other is going to hold a clipboard.

giggle giggle

With that defense? The Ravens are always thinking Superbowl.

And by taking Ryan, the Falcons committed to making him the new face of their franchise.

Pretty big vote of confidence on both counts.

And you just know Danny is hoping he can do the same.

The Ravens can't put together back-to-back winning seasons. Their D got them a Superbowl in 2000, but they had a RB on offense who rushed for over 2000 yards. If the Ravens think that D is all it will take to get them to the Superbowl, then they will keep having inconsistent seasons.

And did Flacco even start right away? No. Kyle Boller went out for the season with an injury, and Troy Smith had some kind of illness, so Flacco was forced to start because of injuries. He wasn't drafted to be the guy from day 1.

Matt Ryan was the 3rd pick overall, and Atlanta was in shambles because of Petrino. Ryan's competition was Chris Redman. The Falcons also were able to rely on Michael Turner's 1700 yards rushing and 17 TDs. Atlanta made a gamble, and it paid off for them.

I don't what Danny is thinking, nor do I wish to make assumptions about it just to try and falsely validate my opinion.

talking about Peyton Manning

he also threw 24 TDs, something campbell has never and will never come close to. ones going to the hall of fame, the other is going to hold a clipboard.

giggle giggle

With a name like Brandon Lloyd Christmas I just do not know if I can keep a straight face while I respond, but here goes.

I will keep a tab on you over the years, and when Campbell reaches CLOSE to 24 TD passes I will give you a call, email you, or pm you. Actually, that will be THIS year come to think of it. As I have already said several times, I fully expect Campbell to be around 20 TD passes this season....despite he is not throwing to Marvin Harrison..a HOF receiver...the likes of which Jason Campbell will never see.

Check back with me in November and lets see where we stand. Okay. I believe you will be quite shocked.

Archived