Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Girl Thread- Keep out boyzzz!

MissU28

Do girls like long hair? I'm sure it's a matter of opinion.

I just got my hair cut recently, but before that it was easily down to my shoulders, and I also had a beard.

Now I'm all shaved up, and clean cut.

Can't speak for all girls, but we talk about this amongst ourselves quite a lot us girls, and I would have to say NO--we don't like long hair, UNLESS it is sleek and very clean and gives you a hot, exotic look. Basically, you have to have hair that makes a girl envious if you want her to think your long hair is hot.

I need to go shopping for some summer clothes like whoa. Shorts and tank tops are pretty much standard for me when it's hot out, but sometimes it's not quite warm enough for a tank top.

If you shop online, never buy anything without seeing if there is a promo code available for that store at www.retailmenot.com.

I have saved SO MUCH MONEY doing this. Usually get 10-20% off when I shop online just from promo codes.

Do girls like long hair? I'm sure it's a matter of opinion.

I just got my hair cut recently, but before that it was easily down to my shoulders, and I also had a beard.

Now I'm all shaved up, and clean cut.

I generally don't like long hair on dudes, but I could maaaaybe deal with it if it was like.... shorter than chin-length. And I hate hate hate facial hair. I know I don't speak for all girls, and I admit it looks good on some guys, but facial hair has always been kind of a deal-breaker for me.

I generally don't like long hair on dudes, but I could maaaaybe deal with it if it was like.... shorter than chin-length. And I hate hate hate facial hair. I know I don't speak for all girls, and I admit it looks good on some guys, but facial hair has always been kind of a deal-breaker for me.

+1

I might make an exception for a rakish goatee (that can be sexy if it's really neat and taken care of) but overall prefer clean-shaven.

Besides...it's scratchy.

maybe it's from the military, but I also think guys look better with a clean hair cut..then look at Cooley, or BigMike, (or even MTH) and longer/wild hair can actually look ok...but I think it has to do with personality though.

i have grown a beard twice:

1. spring break senior year of college. i had a girlfriend, so i didnt really care that much. this lasted about 6 hours.

2. on my trip to Peru. highly unsuccessful. got too hot/itchy in that sun. brutal.

I've never been attracted to a guy with long hair (long hair being anything more than an inch or so), and I usually prefer really short hair.

A little bit of facial hair is ok, so long as it's under control. It really depends on the guy though. I think sometimes facial hair for guys is like makeup for girls - it covers up what's really there :silly: And I agree that it's often scratchy, and who wants to make out with a scratchy face?? Oh, and that little Tony Almeida lower lip fuzz patch - that is not hot.

It is really hard to generalize on these two subjects though, bc different styles work well with different faces.

so some of you know I'm going to have to wear a dress and be in my little sisters wedding, in October. Well, for anyone who hasn't read my posts on dresses...I hate them and haven't worn one in 17 years..since my older sister got married.

So my lil sis emails me today and asks what my price range is. Um what??? I've heard of bridesmaids having to pay for the dress, and some who do not. I have always thought that if you ask someone to be in your wedding, you should buy the dress.

I had friend agree to be a bridesmaid last year for someone, then was told she would have to buy the dress. She had no say, and ended up shelling out over $300 for the dress. A dress she will only wear once. I just don't agree with that. So I replied and said, "my price range is whatever dad can afford."

your thoughts?

so some of you know I'm going to have to wear a dress and be in my little sisters wedding, in October. Well, for anyone who hasn't read my posts on dresses...I hate them and haven't worn one in 17 years..since my older sister got married.

So my lil sis emails me today and asks what my price range is. Um what??? I've heard of bridesmaids having to pay for the dress, and some who do not. I have always thought that if you ask someone to be in your wedding, you should buy the dress.

I had friend agree to be a bridesmaid last year for someone, then was told she would have to buy the dress. She had no say, and ended up shelling out over $300 for the dress. A dress she will only wear once. I just don't agree with that. So I replied and said, "my price range is whatever dad can afford."

your thoughts?

I have always had to buy my own bridesmaid dress- I've been in three weddings. The first dress was around $130, the second one was about $260, and the third was $130. I have also had nice friends who let the bridesmaids have some control and friends that are understanding about money. They have chosen dresses that are cheaper on purpose or asked the bridesmaids what we wanted to do.

The $260 dress was for my brother's wedding. My sister-in-law's sister and I were the only two members of the wedding party on the bride's side, and we tried dresses on together and I guess mutually decided on that one...it's black, but I don't really like it and won't wear it again. I basically agreed to it bc I kinda wanted to go with what my other sis-in-law wanted.

So...anyway...I think the bride should give bridesmaids a choice and let them decide. The bride should pick dresses that she likes and let the bridesmaids choose their favorite.

And to the long hair on guys thing- no way. I have never liked a guy with long hair.

I was browsing bridesmaid dresses online and I thought I was going to have a panic attack and cry. I know I sound lame as hell, but seriously, this is really bothering me. I'm going to still do this for my sister, but damn....

your thoughts?

Bridesmaid dresses are almost always paid for by the bridesmaids. I have been in about 10 weddings and I've always had to buy my own dress.

All my bridesmaids this September are expected to buy their dresses. I would pay for them if I could, but I can't. I feel badly about it, especially during these rough economic times, and especially because I've got several girls coming from all over the country and having to buy flights.

What I am doing to help the situation is allowing the girls to pick out any style dress (long, short, strapless, whatever) they want from Alfred Angelo, just in the champagne color. I never wanted that Nazi-coordinated look anyway, but now they can find a dress they feel comfortable in and find in their price range. We are also ordering everything from a bridal shop in Oregon (that I'm making my sister drive to, hahaha) so that there's no sales tax and we get to save 20% on top at that particular store. :)

LJS, what is it you don't like about dresses? Just wondering cause maybe we can think of a style or accessories like a shawl or something that might make you feel more comfortable... :whoknows:

LJS, what is it you don't like about dresses? Just wondering cause maybe we can think of a style or accessories like a shawl or something that might make you feel more comfortable... :whoknows:

I had this huge response, then the power went out...

Well, I would love to know a reason, then maybe I can "fix" it. I can tell you that since a very young age, I have hated them. I would cry when my mom made me wear them. So then I think maybe it's cause I'm gay. But I'm not real butch, hell I wear make up, lipstick, dress really nice (like pant suits and nice outfits), have to wear CEO type outfits to work. I even have a couple pairs of heels, although not very high ones. :silly:

I just feel so terribly out of place in a dress. I think I look like an idiot in one. Not bragging, but I've always worked out and I'm "bigger" in my upper body muscle than most women. So for me to have a dress on, especially one that shows more upper body, makes me feel wierd. I said I wasn't butch, but I'm far from being really feminine.(no offense to BigMike, but picture him in a dress and think how it must make him feel...and there ya go-)

I think that as I get older, my distaste for them increases. I promised my sis I would do this, so I will. I know it means so much to her. I just am dreading every moment. I really really wished she would have stuck with her original plan and had her cousins be in it. I feel bad that I'm only doing this out of feeling totally obligated.

Any suggestions on styles or such like you said would help. Thanks

I don't buy/wear dresses very often, but I agree that it is really important to find a dress style that fits your body. I always see girls that look really uncomfortable/awkward in dresses (and really in other types of clothes as well) because they don't fit right or the girl just has no confidence in what she's wearing. If you go to a good bridal store/dress shop of some sort, there should someone who is able to help you find a style that fits you well.

Oh, and as for the money on the dress - if you don't want to keep the dress after the wedding try to find someone you can donate it to. I know in college a few of the sororities would have used dress drives and they would donate those dresses to local high schoolers who couldn't afford prom/formal dresses. There are also similar organizations for military families, especially around the holidays when they are attending galas or fancy dinners. I'm sure all of these would allow for a tax write off and you know your dress is going to someone who will really love it :)

I wasn't sure if there was something specific that we could work around, but it sounds like a general distaste, which is okay as well.

Now, since you've already decided to do this wedding (which is very kind of you by the way), what we need to do is mitigate these dress damages! haha.

What are the stipulations your sister has for the dress? Has she picked it out or is she letting you pick it out? Is there a certain color or style that you must have? If so, do you have a picture of it?

If you are uncomfortable showing off your upper body, or you have a built upper body, you'll want to shy away from anything with spaghetti straps. Usually either a v-neck or strapless works well.

Also, would she allow you to have a shawl you can use to cover up your shoulders? Those look elegant. Or even a little bolero jacket that goes with your dress could help you feel more comfortable as well. Maybe?

I don't know, it all depends on what your sister is wanting you to do in regards to the dress, like what she wants you wearing.

First, thank you ladies for your dress fasion help...much needed!

I have thought about the v -neck, or style that goes around your neck. It's similar to my swim suit top, and with my broad shoulders I think would work. Sorta like this pic...

Fashion_BridesmaidGown_wc_blev_602_228_332.jpg

Wedding is in Oct, so it's going to be cold. I be the shall would work.

I think she said colors are deep purple/brown. (she's an artist and a bit eccentric). She also said she would be very open to dress ideas, she is no stranger to my dress o phobia.

I gotta add a funny story though. I was already "out" in highschool, but my mom really didn't know. She kept ****ing about me not going to prom, or her not having a pic of me in a prom dress. So I get one of my gay male friends, who had a tux from choir club, we got our pics done, then went straight to the movies. Met up w/ friends and watched Basic Instinct. My mom still has that dress...and her pic.:silly:

First, thank you ladies for your dress fasion help...much needed!

I have thought about the v -neck, or style that goes around your neck. It's similar to my swim suit top, and with my broad shoulders I think would work. Sorta like this pic...

Halter dresses are my favorite kinds of dresses. I think they are the most flattering. Since it's October, the longer dress works well. You could try a chocolate brown dress with a deep purple band around the waist, like the one in the picture. Or the other way around. I think a chocolate dress would be pretty.

honestly,you couldnt find anywhere else to post but an NFL teams forum? ;p

dude.

1- you're not supposed to post in here!

2- we are all REDSKINS fans...most of us ladies bigger skins fans than a lot of guys

3- we've been around a lot longer than you, so.....:chair:

no!!! Get him, Katie!!

:box:<------ Option #1

:pokeye: <------ Option #2

:gang: <------- Option #3

:security: <------- Option #4

:hammer: <----- Option #5

:kungfu:<------ Option #6

:stick: <----- Option #7

:laythehur <------ Option #8

:nutkick: <------ Option #9

Archived