Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Girl Thread- Keep out boyzzz!

MissU28

Ren:

Isn't there a movie out about that right now? Obsessed is the name I think?

Way to go Lifetime for trying to capitalize, on the cheap :D I'd rather watch the Lifetime version than pay $20 at the movies watching Beyonce run around in a bad wig threatening to kick the white girl's azz in her ghetto voice.

And I am black by the way. Just SO OVER Beyonce's overexposed self.

Ren:

Isn't there a movie out about that right now? Obsessed is the name I think?

Way to go Lifetime for trying to capitalize, on the cheap :D I'd rather watch the Lifetime version than pay $20 at the movies watching Beyonce run around in a bad wig threatening to kick the white girl's azz in her ghetto voice.

And I am black by the way. Just SO OVER Beyonce's overexposed self.

I didn't even think about that before but yea, pretty much the same plot, lol. Except the psycho chick in the lifetime movie was a little more subtle. Oh and I crack up laughing every time I see the preview for the Beyonce movie, haha.

Speaking of movies, and I the only girl that doesn't really like The Notebook? The thing is though I always watch it when it's on tv, but it's a horrible movie and the book was just ok (A Walk to Remember was much better). However, the scene in the rain when Ryan Gosling carries Rachel McAdams into the house = HOTTTTTTT

sorry, Ren, I love "The Notebook." I cry every time. And not at the end, where everyone else does. I cry when she comes to his home he built for her and when they are arguing about how he didn't write her.

I didn't really like "A Walk to Remember." Then again, I only saw the movie.

I <3 The Notebook.

The scene where they are having the moment of truth in the rain....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I always wanted to make out with someone in the rain. Sigh.

sorry, Ren, I love "The Notebook." I cry every time. And not at the end, where everyone else does. I cry when she comes to his home he built for her and when they are arguing about how he didn't write her.

I didn't really like "A Walk to Remember." Then again, I only saw the movie.

Haha, I knew it! But I do love parts of it. I think just overall the acting wasn't good IMO and I thought the end was horribly cheesey. But GOD Ryan Gosling is HOT.

On a serious note, do any of y'all have friends with eating disorders?

I'm pretty sure my roommate has one. She started having eating issues when her bf broke up with her last year, but after about 2 weeks of not eating, she was fine...but every time she decides to try and "eat healthy" she just ends up not eating. I had one in high school, and I'm pretty sure I recognize the signs...she didn't eat anything today until about an hour ago and she had a tiny bag of popcorn...I always try and get her to at least eat something healthy, but she gets really mad at me. Like tonight I was like "Did you even eat anything today, do you want to go get dinner?" and she kinda shrugged it off and was like "Well, I slept in, and I've only been up for a couple of hours so I'm not really hungry." And it's not just tonight, it's been like this for the past couple of months, just really on and off. And she's really tiny too, like 5'0 and 120...:(

I just don't really know what to do about it, she won't listen to me, and I don't want to nag her or piss her off cause that's one of the worst things to do....advice?

On a serious note, do any of y'all have friends with eating disorders?

I'm pretty sure my roommate has one. She started having eating issues when her bf broke up with her last year, but after about 2 weeks of not eating, she was fine...but every time she decides to try and "eat healthy" she just ends up not eating. I had one in high school, and I'm pretty sure I recognize the signs...she didn't eat anything today until about an hour ago and she had a tiny bag of popcorn...I always try and get her to at least eat something healthy, but she gets really mad at me. Like tonight I was like "Did you even eat anything today, do you want to go get dinner?" and she kinda shrugged it off and was like "Well, I slept in, and I've only been up for a couple of hours so I'm not really hungry." And it's not just tonight, it's been like this for the past couple of months, just really on and off. And she's really tiny too, like 5'0 and 120...:(

I just don't really know what to do about it, she won't listen to me, and I don't want to nag her or piss her off cause that's one of the worst things to do....advice?

One of my suitemates in college was bulimic (I assume). My roommate and I didn't know her, but we would hear throwing up in the bathroom literally every night. It was absolutely horrible for a couple weeks because we didn't really know what to do - ask her roommate about it? tell our RA? do nothing? We ended up telling our RA about it and she was gone from the room within a couple days. I don't really know what happened after that but I never saw her on campus again. :(

I also have a family friend who battled with anorexia for a couple years. It was made worse when she went to college and had issues with dining hall food. I saw her once while she was sick and she looked absolutely tiny. It was actually really hard to even be around her. I can't imagine what she and her parents went through. But she got help and is now healthy and happy with a family of her own :)

As far as recognizing the signs, I'm not much help there. However there should be people on your campus that can help. Even starting with your RA (if you are even in a dorm) could be a good first step. They could at least tell you what other resources are available.

@ Skinsgirl26

I had a college friend who was anorexic. She was my best friend's roommate. Not only did she not eat, but she exercised too much as well. She would "punish" herself if she didn't do at least 500 crunches every night by severely restricting her eating the next day. She was of a similar height to your roommate but would have thought of 120 lbs as being a cow. I think she weighed around 100 lbs. at 5'0. Her hair was also really damaged and had a kind of "shredded" look, which I know is a sign also.

I don't really know what to tell you as far as getting her help. I think the advice about talking to your RA is very good. What about her family? Do you know them or speak to them? Next time they come to visit (if they do) can you pull her mom aside and express your concerns?

Does she have other friends? Do they share your concerns? If so maybe you all can do a group intervention. It might be hard to get her to listen to just one person but maybe if a whole bunch of people who care about her say something, she'll listen.

That really sucks. I hope she gets some help.

Thanks girls, we're not in a dorm, so I can't tell an RA...but I could go to the health center...the thing is, she's not bulimic, nor is she anorexic...yet. But she has the signs. I'll probably talk to my mom or maybe her mom about it, I just don't want to do the wrong thing and make it worse...there's only 2 weeks of classes left so then she'll be home with her mom and maybe things will work out....

On a happier note...The Notebook :D

And Josh Lucas is so beautiful...but so is Ryan Gosling...Rachel McAdams is such a lucky/beautiful girl - I'm jealous :D

good bump, ljs, per usual.

macy's is always a good choice. What are you going to get?

I really need some new shirts for spring/summer that I can wear to work. Has to be dressy stuff. I love to dress up nice, just not in dresses. I could use a new pair of sandles too.

I need to go shopping for some summer clothes like whoa. Shorts and tank tops are pretty much standard for me when it's hot out, but sometimes it's not quite warm enough for a tank top.

damn, almost forgot I need shorts too...I'll also be checking out the clearance/sale stuff. I can never have too many clothes (even if my closet disagrees)

Archived