Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who here has actually played football?

Henry

Played exactly one game for the Munich Rangers and then was forced into retirement when I sprained my ankle :laugh:

I had much more success playing basketball though winning the regional championship while playing for MTSV Schwabing and then played a year of DII basketball for the Chesapeak Bay Skipjacks.

My most notable encounter was probably the thorough behind kicking handed to us by Stevie Franchise and his boys from Allegany.

Alas, I injured my knee playing Freshman football in 1972 and the doc told me to give up football. I later found out from ANOTHER doctor that I could have played again but by then it was too late. To this day I kick myself for not getting a SECOND OPINION sooner. :( :gus:

Anyone here whos played ball, knows what fantastic athletes professional players are. thats the first thing i notice after a game when i feel & look like death.

You know, i came out of a game yesterday and i count 7 bruises, 5 cuts, a damaged ego & every part of my body aches this morning, so when you think how many hits a Junior Seau or a Emmitt Smith takes during a Game/Season/Career, its astounding what great athletes they are.

Started at corner/wideout and returned kicks as a senior in HS - it was a small school and we ran an option/veer offense out of a power I, so I didn't get much opportunity to catch the ball. But the element of surprise worked in our favor on most passes, and I was able to score a couple of TDs and average about 20 yards a reception. Playing corner at that level was mainly a run support kind of thing too, although I did get one INT.

Notable opponents I played against would be Reggie McGrew of the 49ers and Ron Dugans of the Bengals. McGrew played MLB at the time for his team and laid me out flat on my back on a slant route across the middle (I was 5'7", 130 soaking wet). Adding insult to injury the play was called back because of a holding penalty :laugh:

I played 7 yrs for one of the worst teams in Boys Club history. The Beltsville Bulls 72-78.

I played every position except QB,DB, and Kicker. Of course we usually only kicked off once a game. We couldn't run the ball, couldn't pass, thats ok because we couldn't stop the run or pass either. I think we won 3 games one year, if we did, that was our best season. We always one at least one though. The only thing we did well was punt. We did that alot.

Every game we went into thinking we had a chance. That chance was usually gone before halftime.

I wish I was kidding but its the truth:doh: .

LoWGHoST

I wrestled all through Jr. High and High School and the coaches asked me to try out a couple of times during those years but I was always afraid I'd get hurt and not be able to wrestle. Man, do I regret that decision:doh: :doh: Kids sure are stooopid sometimes.

Hey, Equality 7-2521 that's not some hobo. That's a gen-U-wine hogette. Wear it with pride. It won't be long before you're a waterboy. :D

I wrestled and played football from 3rd grade to 12th. In highschool I lettered in 3 sports, Wrestling, football and track and field. I started every year varsity in wrestling.

In football I started on the jv team my freshman year both ways. My soph, jr and sr years I started both ways varsity. I played fullback and middle linebacker all 3 years.

Wow, it's kind of surprising to see how few people around here actually played football. That's not meant to be insulting, it's just not something I expected.

Anywho, I played and started every year from pee wees (4th grade) to high school (LB & some OG). Lacked my dad's height to move on to college. He was a football coach too after he moved on from playing into teaching.

Played Middle Linebacker for 3 years on my Varsity H.S team. Wasn't too bad. Made 1st Team honors All-League and County. Had several options to play college at the Division II level but actually ended up declining them to focus on academics. And that last part is actually true, :cheers: :high: :pint: Ahhhhhh.............college. :)

played from ankle biters and up :)

started as OL, then went DL, then in HS played DE and LB first years then finished up as a WR. Virgil Seay was my WR coach and he was incredible.

I still play every now and then with a flag football team. It isn't the same but still is fun since it is pretty rough.

Couldn't play in college because Mason didn't have a team, they didn't start the club team till after I left :(

Played Little League in Powhatan Va. (The Powhatan REDSKINS, that was cool) and then didn't play again until my junior year in high school. Played wingback and safety. That year was the first season of a new school and WE SUCKED. 1-8-1. Didn't play my senior year, the coach was d^%khead of the highest order. Barry Smith, his brother was Barty Smith, fullback for the Packers, our O-Line coach was with the Giants for a couple of years. They treated it like it a pro team, there was no fun in it at all.

Archived