Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals - Playoff Hockey - Next Season Guys! Congrats!

Springfield

Don't worry, though, as I mentioned before, think Kolzig Defoe. We've got choices.

Yeah, I just think a quality defensemen is a more pressing need than a backup goalie right now, which I why I immediately thought trade bait.

It's definitely too early to call Varly the savior obviously, but damn things are looking good.

Yeah, I just think a quality defensemen is a more pressing need than a backup goalie right now, which I why I immediately thought trade bait.

It's definitely too early to call Varly the savior obviously, but damn things are looking good.

We'll have plenty of time to figure out our goalie situation. Its not that a backup goalie is pressing, its that we want to make sure we've got our bases covered. We have plenty of time to trade.

with Neuvy's RFA status pending, Varly's play, and Braden Holtby in the system as well, I'd have to think Neuvirth gets moved at the deadline next season if Varlamov proves he can handle the number 1 job in the NHL without getting hurt. You can't hang on to assets forever, especially if that asset happens to be a luxury. We need veteran D badly, and if both Neuvirth and Varlamov have the ability to be starters at the NHL level then you have to move one of them. The Rangers had to choose between Richter and Vanbiesbrouck in the early 90s, and while Beezer went on to become a franchise goalie for the Florida Panthers, Richter brought the Blueshirts a cup.

The pressing need right now is on D. We need a veteran who can play on that top pair. Neuvirth will surely get an offer sheet if he plays as well as he can next season, and with his RFA coming a year before Varly, it might be in our best interest to make a decision on those guys soon. I guess best case would be to sign Neuvirth for a million per over 2 or 3 years and let the young kids split some time in the big leagues, but I'm sure his agent already sees the writing on the wall as far as a starters opportunity in D.C. goes. And if you sit on him for a few years, that's a few more years you go without acquiring that big time Defenseman, unless you find another way to get that guy, which I'm not seeing right now.

I'd love to have both kids around, but with the obvious lack of a true top pairing Defensive minded Defenseman, and then with a guy like Braden Holtby behind our top tier guys, it's tough to justify sitting on an asset that can be moved.

Yep Neuvirth has been fantastic. Give it another year or two with these two and see how things shake out. Can't believe the Caps appear to be stacked at goalie finally. A very great problem to have.

We are SO stacked. Not only do both Neuvirth and Varlamov look to have really bright futures, but we've also got this Braden Holtby kid who's supposed to be pretty damn good.

How awesome would it be for the Caps and Bruins to meet in the next round while the Bears face of against the AHL Bruins? The only part of this equation set in stone is that the Bears are in, so for this match up to occur we'd still need to see the Caps, Big Bruins, and LIttle Bruins move on.

Crosby is certainly a good player, but I'd much rather have Ryan Getzlaf. Man that kid can ball! Man that kid can puck? lol

And to think we could have had Getzlaf in the 2003 draft :doh:

He went with the 18th pick. We picked Eric Fehr with the 17th pick :doh: :doh:

It is on SportsDay...... Jeez man..... why would anyone lie about something that stupid. Grow up M8.

Nick had a burgundy script R cap on and a burgundy Washington Redskins Tee.

Sorry about that. Just wanted to see it.

By the way, here's the video for those who want to see it.

It is on SportsDay...... Jeez man..... why would anyone lie about something that stupid. Grow up M8.

Haha, relax man. "Pics or it didn't happen" is the new "this thread is useless without pics." Just a funny saying, he wasn't really calling you a liar. :)

And to think we could have had Getzlaf in the 2003 draft :doh:

He went with the 18th pick. We picked Eric Fehr with the 17th pick :doh: :doh:

Ouch. That's pretty disappointing. Ha!

Haha, relax man. "Pics or it didn't happen" is the new "this thread is useless without pics." Just a funny saying, he wasn't really calling you a liar. :)

Ouch. That's pretty disappointing. Ha!

Yea many consider that draft one of the best ever.

Parasie of NJ went at 16 (the Devils traded up for him)

Mike Richards of the Flyers went 24th (huge steal there)

They also got Jeff Carter at number 11

D Shea Webber went in the 2nd round of that draft (Nashville)

Yea many consider that draft one of the best ever.

Parasie of NJ went at 16 (the Devils traded up for him)

Mike Richards of the Flyers went 24th (huge steal there)

They also got Jeff Carter at number 11

D Shea Webber went in the 2nd round of that draft (Nashville)

Man...we missed out on Richards AND Getzlaf? Ouch...either one of those guys would make a HUGE difference on this squad. Probably would mean no Federov and Kozlov though.

So help me I cracked and just spend $199.99 on a ticket to tonight's game :shot:

It's in Section 425; my tix to games 5 and 7 vs. the Rags were also in 425.

:fortune:

I believe that's around the corner area to the right of the net we protect twice. I'm in 419 around the corner to the left of where we protect twice

Archived