Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mlb 2009

steve09ru

holy ****, welcome to the Braves, Derek Lowe! :notworthy

Man, that just might be the best move of the offseason, by ANY team. What a stud Lowe was tonite. And, to think, I've had many people try to tell me that we don't have a true #1 starter. Really? A guy that gets at least 180 IP a year and 15+ wins, doesn't qualify?

He was outstanding. But I do admit, if we don't solve the closer spot we might not be as good as I expect. Gonzalez is just painful to watch. Soriano isn't a closer, either. Neither is Moylan. At some point we'll likely have to address this spot.

Also, for a team that wasn't expected to provide much power, that was quite the display tonite. Braves looked like they were taking BP with Myers.:laugh:Go Braves!!

As a Braves fan i'm encouraged by Lowe's start, I was thrilled when we got him, never really understood why Burnett was talked about so much, i'll take Lowe and his consistancy over Burnett and his roller coaster performances.

As far as the hitting, i'm not going to get all crazy just because they hit 3 HR's tonight. Small ball park, a pitcher that didn't look like he was ready for the season to start, and the kid in CF Shaefer isn't going to hit a ton of HRs that was out of character for him.

I hope Francouer just decides to bat .220 hit 25 bombs, he may as well be a Ron Gant type of hitter cause he just has too many issues to hit for a high average, may as well swing hard incase he hits it.

As a Braves fan i'm encouraged by Lowe's start, I was thrilled when we got him, never really understood why Burnett was talked about so much, i'll take Lowe and his consistancy over Burnett and his roller coaster performances.

As far as the hitting, i'm not going to get all crazy just because they hit 3 HR's tonight. Small ball park, a pitcher that didn't look like he was ready for the season to start, and the kid in CF Shaefer isn't going to hit a ton of HRs that was out of character for him.

I hope Francouer just decides to bat .220 hit 25 bombs, he may as well be a Ron Gant type of hitter cause he just has too many issues to hit for a high average, may as well swing hard incase he hits it.

I'm not a big fan of Francoeur's. But I do give him credit for trying to get better. At least it appears he's listening to Pendleton or someone. Unlike that Andruw Jones guy.:doh:

I'm not a big fan of Francoeur's. But I do give him credit for trying to get better. At least it appears he's listening to Pendleton or someone. Unlike that Andruw Jones guy.:doh:

I've never seen anyone go from sure hall of famer to not even good enough to make a major league team so fast.

Andruw Jones is a sad story. He got fat, didn't make adjustments, and now he pretty much ruined what could have been one of the great careers in baseball history with all the gold gloves and offensive stats.

I was born in Akron, Ohio and have always been a HUGE Indians fan. It's very difficult to compete year in and year out when your a low-mid payroll team but if Victor Martinez and Travis Hafner rebound from injury the Tribe could be right back in the thick of things.

Yeah, their offense is filthy and Millwood has always been really good when he's on.

the Rangers have a knack for making really good pitchers look bad. If our starting pitching was at least average, then I think we could compete for the division every single year. Millwood was very good, and it'd be nice to get that kind of performance more consistently than he gave last year.

good luck the rest of the series and the rest of the season! :cheers:

I've never seen anyone go from sure hall of famer to not even good enough to make a major league team so fast.

Andruw Jones is a sad story. He got fat, didn't make adjustments, and now he pretty much ruined what could have been one of the great careers in baseball history with all the gold gloves and offensive stats.

Quick story. I went to a Braves-Cubs game at Turner about 6 years ago. Was there with my two nephews. Told them there was a good chance we'd get a ball because Andruw usually tossed the balls they were warming up with into the stands right before the game started. So anyway, sure enough, he turns and tosses it in our direction. I snagged it from a Cubs fan behind us who had a glove on and everything.:laugh:...My nephews were all excited and all to have gotten a ball from Andruw. Thought he was one of the best in the game. Now they probably couldn't give that ball away.:doh:

the Rangers have a knack for making really good pitchers look bad. If our starting pitching was at least average, then I think we could compete for the division every single year. Millwood was very good, and it'd be nice to get that kind of performance more consistently than he gave last year.

I can't remember the last time the Rangers had a decent pitching staff.

Go Rangers! It's about time we won a season opener. I had forgotten what it was like to be 1-0. lol

FIRST PLACE BABY!!!!!!

rangersa.jpg

:wavetowel

A lot of people are picking them to contend and win the division this year.

I will say it was great to see all that money the yankees spent and how well they played ;)

Thanks, you too! :cheers:

They are going to score runs and in bunches. Padilla is OK and I guess they are going to try and get something out of Kris Benson but they just haven't been able to develop any kind of pitching, a lot of 10-8 games for the Rangers again this year. Reminds me a lot of the early-mid 90's Indians teams I watched as a kid.

Thanks, you too! :cheers:

They are going to score runs and in bunches. Padilla is OK and I guess they are going to try and get something out of Kris Benson but they just haven't been able to develop any kind of pitching, a lot of 10-8 games for the Rangers again this year. Reminds me a lot of the early-mid 90's Indians teams I watched as a kid.

The Rangers have two excellent pitching prospects currently in the minors that will likely be in the Majors by July. If not, they will definitely be ready by next season. The farm team is rated #1 so they are brewing some really good talent like the Rays did the last couple years.

I was born in Akron, Ohio and have always been a HUGE Indians fan. It's very difficult to compete year in and year out when your a low-mid payroll team but if Victor Martinez and Travis Hafner rebound from injury the Tribe could be right back in the thick of things.

I forget who it was I was listening to, but they had them picked to be in the WS this year...

sorry if I just jinxed that ;)

Archived