Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mlb 2009

steve09ru

Thoughts...Predictions...? Season starts in less than 2 days....

May sound biased as a Mets fan but I seriously see another SubWay Series World Series...

Yankees have a strong rotation with a better batting line-up from last year...

Mets...well they don't have a bullpen that will BLOW 15+ games this year...plus there line-up looks pretty strong. The only thing that bothers me about the Mets is that 5th starter? whoever it may be at this point but with Santana, Perez, Pelfrey, Maine (still not very confident on him yet) and whoever gets that 5th spot, it doesn't look too promising especialy with the way Pelfrey and Perez finished out the season.

I could also see a Dodgers-Yankees WS....Dodgers are very young, but they lost Derek Lowe so it is hard to tell how there rotation will do without him. They do have a nice lineup with Hudson, Ethier, Loney, Manny, Blake, Russell, plus other capable hitters...

What is everyone else's thoughts/predictions?

Gooooooooooooooo Braves yea, we got a really good team this year and we gonna win the division I promise you that.

Well probably the only time I will get to see the Braves play on tv is Sunday. To bad TBS doesn't show the Braves anymore. God now I been in the dark only to catch highlights off sportscenter the last 3 damn years.

Gooooooooooooooo Braves yea, we got a really good team this year and we gonna win the division I promise you that.

Well probably the only time I will get to see the Braves play on tv is Sunday. To bad TBS doesn't show the Braves anymore. God now I been in the dark only to catch highlights off sportscenter the last 3 damn years.

Sucks that we lost Hudson.

I buy MLB.tv every year to watch 'em. It's some great stuff.

Pirates = WS Title....

Here are my reasons:

1) This is reason one

2) This follows reason one and is also a reason

3) This is the final reason

There that's 3 reasons...

MARK IT DOWN

Good luck :D

How many years have the Pirates been below .500 again?

Eh? What you talkin'bout Willis?

Man, why's this such a big deal... -1 +1 =0 which would make your statement "before, I can just add 1 more for after" true...

I'll put it into terms you're probably more accustomed to...

I say "How many years since the Cowboys won a playoff game?"

You (Assuming you think the Cowboys will win a playoff game this year) say "Before or after this year?"

I say "Before, I an just add one more for after"

You think: "But wait, after this year it will be 0 years since the Cowboys won a playoff game, therefore, if he's going to add 1 to get the correct answer, it must be negative 1"

Happy now? :D

Man, why's this such a big deal... -1 +1 =0 which would make your statement "before, I can just add 1 more for after" true...

I'll put it into terms you're probably more accustomed to...

I say "How many years since the Cowboys won a playoff game?"

You (Assuming you think the Cowboys will win a playoff game this year) say "Before or after this year?"

I say "Before, I an just add one more for after"

You think: "But wait, after this year it will be 0 years since the Cowboys won a playoff game, therefore, if he's going to add 1 to get the correct answer, it must be negative 1"

Happy now? :D

Except the Pirates have more than 0 losing seasons in a row :D.

Go Braves!

I think its gonna be hard for us to win the division but I can definitely see us winning the NL Wildcard. I will also be watching every game this season on mlb.tv. That is the great part about having a baseball team to root for you get to watch your favorite team play a game EVERY day. It ALMOST makes it better than football season :D.

Go Orioles

:paranoid:

You going to opening day? I will there..

Well I'll be at Pickles. I usually don't give Pete my $, so if someone offers me a free ticket I will go into the game. I seriously, don't even drink out of the water fountain at Camden Yards. What Pete has done to the team, and the city is too much for me to handle.

Thoughts...Predictions...? Season starts in less than 2 days....

May sound biased as a Mets fan but I seriously see another SubWay Series World Series...

Yankees have a strong rotation with a better batting line-up from last year...

I like the Mets. If they cannot get it done now...close up shop.

Yankees rotation should be very solid, but They probably won't win many more games than 08 unless they pitch their asses off.

Mussina's last year in NY will probably be a wash with CC's first in NY, assuming Sabathia's arm doesn't fall off after pitching FIVE HUNDRED INNINGS over the past two seasons. His postseason ERA stinks, by the way.

Burnett is a very talented .500 pitcher. Great 80M investment...:hysterical:

I think their lineup will score substantially less runs this year. Arod is out, Abreu is gone, Tex is really a 30 point OPS jump from Giambi (believe it or not), They are a POOR defensive team and Jeter/Posada/Matsui/Damon are another year older.

Boston Sox 99-63

TB __ Rays (wildcard) 96-66

Yanks 87-75

O's 76-86

Jays 71-91

go Braves and go Rangers.

It's been a decade since the Rangers tasted the playoffs, and I wish they could make it again. I am supremely confident though that their time will come. The building the franchise has done in the minor leagues has been terrific and Texas has the #1 farm system in the majors. I think it will be one more year though before we make a big run because our stud pitching prospects aren't major league ready just yet. And I doubt they will be until later in the summer at the earliest, but probably for next season. The hitting will still win a lot of games, but when August rolls around, the pitching will still be a little shady. I think the Rangers can improve to about 84-85 wins this year. Next year I think we can push for a playoff spot.

Archived