Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mlb 2009

steve09ru

I am a braves fan and a birds fan and i am proud of it and i don't care what anyone thinks. Tho i didn't know much about diaz and did the human thing and assume the worse he sucked. Sorry but braves don't play on tbs anymore so i didn't know much about him. Jeff francouer had a great rookie season but last year he wasn't too great. Tho last night he had a nice hit for a run. Then next a bat he well didn't do good.

I am a braves fan and a birds fan and i am proud of it and i don't care what anyone thinks. Tho i didn't know much about diaz and did the human thing and assume the worse he sucked. Sorry but braves don't play on tbs anymore so i didn't know much about him. Jeff francouer had a great rookie season but last year he wasn't too great. Tho last night he had a nice hit for a run. Then next a bat he well didn't do good.

The "fail" thing was sort of in jest. Part that you were a fan of both teams. And partly because you said you fell asleep in the 2nd inning. At any rate, its nuts to have two fav teams. But, whatever. That's on you.

As for not being able to follow the Braves. That's really just an excuse. There's ESPN. And you can always do as I do. Pretty much everyday I go to braves.com and read how they did, look at the boxscore, etc after every game. It's not that difficult, really. But im not getting on you about these things. Just trying to help, bro.

The "fail" thing was sort of in jest. Part that you were a fan of both teams. And partly because you said you fell asleep in the 2nd inning. At any rate, its nuts to have two fav teams. But, whatever. That's on you.

As for not being able to follow the Braves. That's really just an excuse. There's ESPN. And you can always do as I do. Pretty much everyday I go to braves.com and read how they did, look at the boxscore, etc after every game. It's not that difficult, really. But im not getting on you about these things. Just trying to help, bro.

I like both teams is cause the O's were my Grandpas team. Just somehow I ended up with a O's hat on me when I was 4. I got a pick of me when I was young with the old symbol on the hat. He passed a few years back. Plus I fell asleep cause I was just tired but I knew they were gonna win NOT REALLY, LOL. I picked up on the Braves when I was 10 cause my Aunt lived down there and brought up a Chipper Jersey for my birthday and I just started liking them after that.

Maybe I am a Orioles fan but I just don't have the excitement and feeling I get when I watch the Braves.

Well I can tell you one thing I am a true Redskin fan and nothing I mean nothing can sway my loyalty away from loving that team, I mean nothing.

eh, I have two "favorite" teams as well. Actually, the Rangers are my hometown team, so they will always be #1 to me. I just became a huge Braves fan as a kid around '89 or '90 the same way most everyone else became a fan...TBS. If the Rangers and Braves ever played in the World Series, I'd cheer for the Rangers for sure.

eh, I have two "favorite" teams as well. Actually, the Rangers are my hometown team, so they will always be #1 to me. I just became a huge Braves fan as a kid around '89 or '90 the same way most everyone else became a fan...TBS. If the Rangers and Braves ever played in the World Series, I'd cheer for the Rangers for sure.

I doubt you ever have to worry about the Rangers playing in a WS, bro.:silly:

I doubt you ever have to worry about the Rangers playing in a WS, bro.:silly:

:(

It will happen someday. We're building our team up like the Rays did, with a damn good (and rated #1) minor league system. We'll get there! ;) I just hope we can make the playoffs first. Baby steps. lol

:(

It will happen someday. We're building our team up like the Rays did, with a damn good (and rated #1) minor league system. We'll get there! ;) I just hope we can make the playoffs first. Baby steps. lol

Speaking of the Rangers. How is Saltalamacchia doing for you guys? I really liked him when he was with us. Not that I would trade him for McCann, though.;) Also, what's the latest on Andruw? What a sad story he turned out to be.

Speaking of the Rangers. How is Saltalamacchia doing for you guys? I really liked him when he was with us. Not that I would trade him for McCann, though.;) Also, what's the latest on Andruw? What a sad story he turned out to be.

I love Salty. He was 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs on opening day. He has only one hit in the last three games, and he missed one with an inner-ear infection, but he's still our guy. The Teixeira trade was a great one for the Rangers, as we got prospects that are now a big part of our team.

As far as Andruw goes, he made the last spot on the roster at the end of spring training. He's not a starter, and we have a lot of outfield depth, so he won't be an every day player. He played in the third game of the season as the starter, and was 3-5 with a double and RBI. I'm telling you, anyone that comes to Texas usually becomes a pretty good hitter. We have a guy named Rudy Jaramillo...best hitting coach in MLB. ;)

I love Salty. He was 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs on opening day. He has only one hit in the last three games, and he missed one with an inner-ear infection, but he's still our guy. The Teixeira trade was a great one for the Rangers, as we got prospects that are now a big part of our team.

As far as Andruw goes, he made the last spot on the roster at the end of spring training. He's not a starter, and we have a lot of outfield depth, so he won't be an every day player. He played in the third game of the season as the starter, and was 3-5 with a double and RBI. I'm telling you, anyone that comes to Texas usually becomes a pretty good hitter. We have a guy named Rudy Jaramillo...best hitting coach in MLB. ;)

Yeah, bro, but Andruw doesn't listen to ANYONE! He will try a few things for a week or so. And he'll even have results. But he always would resort back to the same bad habits, like always trying to pull every pitch etc Good luck with that.;)

Yeah, bro, but Andruw doesn't listen to ANYONE! He will try a few things for a week or so. And he'll even have results. But he always would resort back to the same bad habits, like always trying to pull every pitch etc Good luck with that.;)

He just K's too much, and then smiles about it on the way back to the dugout. But like I said, he's not an every day guy, so we don't really have to worry much about him. Don't underestimate the power of Jaramillo. He is a miracle worker and should just be sent to the Hall of Fame right now.

oh, and on a different subject, I just have to rant about today's Rangers game. No one will probably understand, but this will only take a minute...

Thanks CJ, now Millwood gets a no-decision when he should have gotten a W. **** you! I hope you never pitch again. Oh but of course, you'll probably blow another game for us tomorrow. *******. What ****ing bull****. If I were Millwood, I'd shove CJ down a flight of stairs. A terrific performance was completely nullified by a ****ing choker who should find a different sport to play, or else go home and watch the games on TV. Thanks for the loss, CJ. I'm going to buy your jersey tomorrow and burn it.

/rant

It will happen someday. We're building our team up like the Rays did, with a damn good (and rated #1) minor league system.

You can thank the Braves for that with Salty, Andrus, and Neftali Perez... :jk::D

I'm telling you, anyone that comes to Texas usually becomes a pretty good hitter. We have a guy named Rudy Jaramillo...best hitting coach in MLB. ;)
I totally agree with you here. It's crazy he got Andruw to end up hitting .300 in ST and also Jeff Francoeur went to him this past offseason and Rudy shortened his swing and opened his stance to stop him from lunging at the ball and Jeff has already shown some progress.

You can thank the Braves for that with Salty, Andrus, and Neftali Perez... :jk::D

:notworthy

Andrus is awesome so far, and Perez will be in the majors in July probably. Salty is cool too. ;)

I totally agree with you here. It's crazy he got Andruw to end up hitting .300 in ST and also Jeff Francoeur went to him this past offseason and Rudy shortened his swing and opened his stance to stop him from lunging at the ball and Jeff has already shown some progress.

the guy works miracles! :D

Andrus is awesome so far, and Perez will be in the majors in July probably. Salty is cool too. ;)

Yeah I didn't really mind losing Salty and Andrus because they were blocked by McCann and Escobar but I really hated losing Feliz. The guy throws HEAT and can touch 100 mph easily...

edit: oops I had his last name wrong its Neftali Feliz...

He just K's too much, and then smiles about it on the way back to the dugout. But like I said, he's not an every day guy, so we don't really have to worry much about him. Don't underestimate the power of Jaramillo. He is a miracle worker and should just be sent to the Hall of Fame right now.

You don't seem to get Andruw yet. When he was here he was always smiling. Like you said, didn't matter if he had just went up and swung at three straight pitches. He always had the same demeanor. That's just Andruw. Its not that he doesn't care when he does that. Again, that's just him. Better get used to that.

What I was referring to is that he is hard-headed and stubborn. Terry Pendleton was also a good hitting coach. Like I said, he would get Andruw going the opposite way and make slight adjustments in his swing. And you would see nice results. But the minute he had an 0-4 day, he would seem to fall back into the same bad habits. He's probably never gonna change. Just a few short years ago Druw was nearly the NL MVP. Now he can barely crack a major league roster.

Btw, you guys play in a sandbox. Pretty much a hitter's paradise. I think you might be giving your hitting coach just a tad too much credit.;) Now if your "pitching" coach could somehow get that staff amongst the best in the league. Now THAT would be a story.

Ok, I didn't know he had worked with Francouer. That's pretty cool. And Jeff had a very nice opposite field triple today. He almost never had a hit like that one before. But im still not convinced Francouer has turned the corner. He's still a free swinger. Just lacks patience. Not a fan. But, who knows, maybe this guy does indeed work miracles.

Yeah I didn't really mind losing Salty and Andrus because they were blocked by McCann and Escobar but I really hated losing Feliz. The guy throws HEAT and can touch 100 mph easily...

edit: oops I had his last name wrong its Neftali Feliz...

Yeah, but we also have another guy that throws heat waiting in the wings, by the name of Tommy Hanson.:D Braves future is looking bright.

You don't seem to get Andruw yet. When he was here he was always smiling. Like you said, didn't matter if he had just went up and swung at three straight pitches. He always had the same demeanor. That's just Andruw. Its not that he doesn't care when he does that. Again, that's just him. Better get used to that.

What I was referring to is that he is hard-headed and stubborn. Terry Pendleton was also a good hitting coach. Like I said, he would get Andruw going the opposite way and make slight adjustments in his swing. And you would see nice results. But the minute he had an 0-4 day, he would seem to fall back into the same bad habits. He's probably never gonna change. Just a few short years ago Druw was nearly the NL MVP. Now he can barely crack a major league roster.

Btw, you guys play in a sandbox. Pretty much a hitter's paradise. I think you might be giving your hitting coach just a tad too much credit.;) Now if your "pitching" coach could somehow get that staff amongst the best in the league. Now THAT would be a story.

I'm a hardcore Braves fan too, so of course I "get" Andruw!! I've been following him since he was 19! lol ;)

but yeah, I see what you're saying. I'll continue to hold out hope for him to change his ways, but we'll just have to see. It'll be hard since so far he's only played one of the first six games. But I'll give you updates! :)

yeah, we play in a good hitter's park, but what people don't realize is that the Rangers were still the #1 road offensive team last year. So the ballpark they played in didn't make a difference. If we had one of the best pitching rotations in the league, we'd win the pennant every single goddamn year. hahaha

The Rangers own Baltimore. Andruw just hit a HR to close within 1. ANDRUW.

10-9 now. I strongly dislike the Rangers and hope for failure from this organization , damn it...the same clowns who hung 30 on Baltimore. 30 freaking runs.

I am very irate.

an update for Bubble Screen on Andruw Jones...tonight was his second game in a Ranger uniform, so let's see how he followed up his 3-5 and RBI outing in his first game...

RBI double in 1st

strikeout looking in 3rd...completely different from strikeout swinging. Just shows he's becoming more patient and not swinging at bad pitches.

walk in 6th...more patience.

2 run HR in 7th

walk in 9th...need I repeat myself?

= 2-3 with 3 RBI's and two walks.

overall stats = 5-8 with 2 doubles, 1 HR and 4 RBI's.

RBI double in 1st

strikeout looking in 3rd...completely different from strikeout swinging. Just shows he's becoming more patient and not swinging at bad pitches.

2 run HR in 7th

:thud:

an update for Bubble Screen on Andruw Jones...tonight was his second game in a Ranger uniform, so let's see how he followed up his 3-5 and RBI outing in his first game...

RBI double in 1st

2 run HR in 7th

That's great. I hope he can keep this up. I hate to see a guy fall so far like he has. Although I think he's the only one to blame for that.

Archived