Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins amongst leading candidates to land Cutler/Shanahan

Ellis Dee

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/01/report-redskins-among-the-leading-candidates-to-get-cutler/

Rumors continue to swirl for the 'Skins landing Cutler and then getting Shanahan. There will definitely be fines if we fire Zorn this year and get Shanny. Now that Bowlen has put Cutler out on the market you can expect a bunch of these types of rumors.

Also please don't ban me. First post! :)

Instead of posting PFT quoting the Denver Post, why not just quote the Denver Post directly?

As you can tell from the posts in this thread, PFT is a dubious source with a lot of speculation and rumors posing as news.

I'd rather read the Denver Post's speculation straight from the source than PFT quoting the Denver Post's speculation as if it was news.

Or, in other words:

PFT? :nono:

I really hope we don't get Cutler and I really really hope we don't fire Zorn for Shanahan.

I'd love Cutler, but Zorn for Shanny? No thanks. I like Shanahan, and I have no doubt he'd be successful with CP and Cutler here, but he's what, 65? I'll pass on the swan-song coaches. I want to build something, not have a fill-in at the end of their career. Been there, done that.

I'd love Cutler, but Zorn for Shanny? No thanks. I like Shanahan, and I have no doubt he'd be successful with CP and Cutler here, but he's what, 65? I'll pass on the swan-song coaches. I want to build something, not have a fill-in at the end of their career. Been there, done that.

He's one year older than Jim Zorn....

Do people just randomly say things without checking facts? :doh:

Are you joking? Shanahan > Zorn. He is a winner and is what we need. I am sure when we signed Joe Gibbs at 65 you didn't have that same viewpoint. Joe Gibbs did us wonders. PTTTTTT.

He's one year older than Jim Zorn....

Do people just randomly say things without checking facts? :doh:

It's not necessarily even the age that concerns me. At least with Zorn, he's getting his first shot at coaching. As I said, Shanahan is a "swansong" coach. He's good for a couple more years, going for one last shot at a Superbowl. Plus, he's aged, and not in numbers so to speak. Like a 31 year old RB- there reaches a point where they more or less hit a wall when they are run ragged for 8 or 9 seasons. Plus, doesn't Zorn just SEEM younger?

Are you joking? Shanahan > Zorn. He is a winner and is what we need. I am sure when we signed Joe Gibbs at 65 you didn't have that same viewpoint. Joe Gibbs did us wonders. PTTTTTT.

Zorn - 55 years old

Shanahan - 56 years old

Yeah, but Zorn's young at heart:D

:laugh:

I'll take tons of experience and a few rings over being "young at heart" ;)

Plus, I've always been a fan of Shanahan's.

Me and a buddy of mine went to the skins eagles game at Fed ex last December. My buddy had got the tickets from one of his friends and they were suite tickets. After the game and I swear on my life I was out having a smoke and a I was talking to guy who told me if Zorn had lost the game that the Skins were very interested in bringing in Shanahan to be the next head coach.

It's not necessarily even the age that concerns me. At least with Zorn, he's getting his first shot at coaching. As I said, Shanahan is a "swansong" coach. He's good for a couple more years, going for one last shot at a Superbowl. Plus, he's aged, and not in numbers so to speak. Like a 31 year old RB- there reaches a point where they more or less hit a wall when they are run ragged for 8 or 9 seasons. Plus, doesn't Zorn just SEEM younger?

How do you know he's good for a "couple more years"? Do you know him? What has he said to imply that? He could still coach for over a decade and not be horribly old.

Zorn lost me after the Cincy game. He SEEMS like the job is too big for him.

Obviously, people aren't getting what I'm saying. I completely agree that Shanahan is better than Zorn, and I think he'd be successful here if we were to land Cutler, but he's good for what, maybe 3-4 seasons, at most? I'd love to have him, but I don't want to repeat this whole process every 3 or 4 years. I'd like some stability at HC for a while, for once.

Jay cutler is not that much better than jc....by the time we recover from trading another starter and a first rounder...so lets see, we'd have 4 major holes instead of 2 b/c we don't have a 1st rounder, he will be almost 30 and the trade will be worthless...

please no!!!

Archived