Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins amongst leading candidates to land Cutler/Shanahan

Ellis Dee

Honestly I have no idea how the Redskins would even be players in this deal.

The Bears, Vikings, and Jets should be the only teams in these talks. For the Jets this would be the 2nd coming of Joe Namath and give the Jets an opportunity to build a team around a QB instead of around a coaching philosophy.

For the Bears, here is a team that always thinks defense first but has never had a QB. They could give up a first AND a 2nd and still come out ahead.

Last season the Vikings would have gone to the Superbowl is only they had a pro bowl QB. Here is one being dangled in front of them and they aren't really interested?

Superbowl recipe: Vikings trade for Cutler and sign Tory Holt. Hurts their future but they become Big Time Superbowl contenders. However, they are a mixed up franchise, and it will never happen.

Because the Broncos are going to need a QB to replace Cutler. If all it takes is a first and second to get it done we can do that too (see my previous post) and give them a young QB with similar numbers minus the ones that actually make you elite in this league. Who are the Jets going to offer them QB wise and where are the JETS picking this year? No one. What about the Bears or Vikings? Look I see Jason Campbell as middle of road QB wise ranked somewhere between 14 and 18 in the league but I see Travarious Jackson, Rex Grossman, and Sage Rosenfells much lower then that. Jason Campbell is better then those guys. The reason we are in these discussions is we offer them a QB that's better then what any of the other teams have PLUS two solid draft picks which is likely going to seal the deal, one this year for cap reasons, one next year for market value.

The only ammunition these three teams you mention have against us is higher draft picks or other players but like the Patriots know too well, the higher the draft pick and round selection the more you have to pay these totally unknown guys. The reason the Pats gave up Cassel for a second is the money they have to pay the player for a higher pick. If Chicago wanted to offer then Grossman and two number ones for Cutler Denver has a problem, those two number one picks might be nice to have but you have to take a player and add his huge salary that you don't know is any good.

Of course any team could offer another player who plays at a different position but then what is Denver going to do at QB? Since we have the best QB availible out of the teams interested in Cutler of course we are in this discussion and with the draft right around the corner we are in a better draft position then all of these teams you mentioned. Denver does pick before us so they could have picks 12 and 13, our second rounder next year, and Jason Campbell to tutor the rookie they take with our number one pick. Great trade for both clubs

From a Denver Post article?

It would be funny, but a little unprofessional. I don't see them joking on this.

Well..that kind of makes it more believable to be an April fools joke... It's from the hometown newspaper, and the Redskins are the perfect team to target. I disagree though, I think Campbell will come out the true professional here just like he always has been and rally this team into truly seeing him as the QB for this franchise for years to come.

What's done is done.

I hear what your saying. But there are only, maybe, 5 better QB's in the league then Cutler. Just 5!!

If you have the chance, you have to secure the franchise QB. You just do. With the season being uncapped after this year, Salary won't be an issue and then stupid Vinny will be forced to draft lineman to protect Cutler. He'll have no choice but to address the lines after the fact.

I think this is close to the truth, with Favre now retired my top 5 would likely be:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Breez

Phillip Rivers

Toss up between Aaron Rodgers/Eli Manning

If McDaniels wants Brennan shouldnt that tell the FO here something.;)

If we get Cutler, I don't see a reason to keep Brennan, if Denver wants him and we get Cutler, trade JC to detroit for a 2nd or 3rd Round pick.

I think this is close to the truth, with Favre now retired my top 5 would likely be:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Breez

Phillip Rivers

Toss up between Aaron Rodgers/Eli Manning

If we get Cutler, I don't see a reason to keep Brennan, if Denver wants him and we get Cutler, trade JC to detroit for a 2nd or 3rd Round pick.

Aaron Rodgers over Cutler?

Firing Zorn for Shanahan would be the worst move this team could possibly make end of story.

I dont know if the WORST move but i def. agree that it would be a mistake. We need to give zorn this year and unless he is an abismal 5-11 or 6-10 a 3rd year.

Aaron Rodgers over Cutler?

Aaron Rodgers showed a lot more potential and crispness last year than Cutler has shown, but admittedly, He Eli and Cutler are VERY VERY close together in my mind, It wouldn't take much for cutler to be #4

Archived