Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius NFL Radio - Giants offer Chiefs 2nd round pick for Tony Gonzalez

YoCoLifSavr

I was just listening to Sirius NFL Radio when they broke in with breaking news. "Not even 24 hours after the Chiefs have stated they arent interested in dealing Gonzalez the Giants offer Chiefs 2nd round pick for Tony Gonzalez"

Have looked everywhere trying to validate through link of story. Still listening to it. Why would the Giants do that if they have Kevin Boss?:doh:

Good move if it goes down for both teams. Gonzo is 100 times better then what the Giants have now. They wouldn't have traded Shockey last year if they thought Plex wouldn't be there now. They need receiving help and Eli loves throwing to the TE. For the Chiefs who are rebuilding losing the 32 year old and getting a second rounder is a good deal for them.

A 2nd is pretty high for a guy who wants to play 1 or 2 more years (his words). But if he wins a superbowl in one of those years i would gladly trade a 2nd for him. The giants are exploring every option and looking for a player that can command double teams. Smith is the only one who consistently beats single coverage and its often because he is against the #2 CB or the nickelback. The two tight end sets would be pretty deadly with Boss and Gonzo. Gonzo is a great blocker and pass catcher, Boss is a good blocker and will beat pretty much beat any linebacker in coverage handily.

While I agree the cost is high at this stage of Gonzalez's career, it makes perfect sense from the Giants point of view to bring in a top play making TE for the "here and now", particularly with big question marks hanging over Plaxico.

Not like they aren't stacked with picks either.

I sure hope it doesn't happen, as I wouldn't relish this added headache from the Giants twice a year.

Hail.

Funny that this would almost makes things a wash with getting rid of Shockey last year and this move, with the only gain being the 5th round pick. They also get older at the position. Granted, Gonzo is probably a better player even with that, but I still find it funny.

Gonzalez is still a beast and would be a great addition for the Giants. Gonzalez will be motivated for playing on a contending team. They offered a second rounder because the Chiefs just said they arent going to move him. Plus they have 2 2nd rounders to boot.

Gonzalez is a great player, but ask yourself, how much more from the TE position can they get? I'm sure that Gonzalez can put up better numbers than Boss for a year or maybe two, but enough to justify a 2nd round pick? Boss is a very good TE.

Sorry. Didn't think many Skins fans would know that the Giants have two second round picks. Also, technically speaking, both second round picks are the Giants picks. One came as a normal pick based on the team's record. The other came in the Shockey trade. Both picks belong to the Giants without restriction. My point was that I expected the Giants to offer the lower of the two for an aging but still effective Tony G.

The Giants should offer their 2nd round pick to the Redskins for Gonzales instead...

Think about it: the Giants call up Pioli and the Chiefs and say "I have a offer for ya...what do you say if, in return to giving us Gonzales, we give our 2nd round pick to the Redskins?"...

It's just crazy enough to work!

:laugh:LOVE IT!!!

Archived