Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DCEx: Cutler trade winds could strengthen by Monday

JimmiJo

You should try reading the thread.

:)

I'd love to have Cutler, and part of me is still holding out hope that the Skins get it done on draft day.

I just don't want it to be two first rounders AND Campbell.

I have read the thread and the other that are about Culter. Sorry if I misread your information, but I thought you were against us trading any picks for Cutler.:) Now in response to us trading 2 1st round picks and our JC. I do it in a second if that's what it takes.

Then you would fall under the category of the "uneducated Redskins fan", my friend. Give us reasons why you think that a 25 year old Pro Bowl quarterback shouldn't dawn a Redskins uniform.

Oh...you'd rather wait on the "potential Pro Bowl qb" who threw 13 total TD's last year and has looked "promising" for three years straight. The cautious, timid, seemingly frightened qb versus the confident, intelligent, sudo-gunslinger. I'll take the latter.

Look up the phrase: A bird in the hand....

For the record, I don't think we'll end up with Cutler but if the Skins don't at least consider Stafford or Sanchez if one is available at #13, they're idiots. The one spot that needs vast improvement as well as the one common denominator in this inept offense is the guy wearing #17. Remember, playing not to lose, or playing overly cautiously is just as bad as taking chances that aren't there. Both philosophies will lose you ball games more often than win you them.

You don't know when we will be this high again in the 1st round w/o having to trade up and give up more picks next year or the year after etc.. With that in mind I hope we at least look to one of them if they are there at #13 if Cutler doesn't come to us in a trade. Yes, we need OL help, but it can be addressed in the 3rd round this year and in next year's draft. JMO.

And that so called "FLUNKING" of the Seattle game? You're right -- those two picks were brutal. But in that game, Collins did something JC has never done -- he brought the Skins back. .

Its fine to have an opinion that JC is not the answer but lets not twist facts. JC has never brought the SKins back?

JC brought us from 9 points down late in the second half against the Saints at home last year. He made a clutch throw to Chris Cooley on 2nd and 20 inside our 10 and then avoided pressure and threw a 60 yard strike to Santana.

A couple of weeks later - the week after beating Dallas in Dallas - he brought us from 10 points down to beat the Eagles in their place.

JC has brought us back - thats not an opinion thats fact.

My own view on JC is that he has showed enough to believe he can be a good starting QB in the NFL but probably never a great QB or even a Pro Bowl type QB. With the right supporting cast he is a guy I think you can win with.

Cutler is a better QB right now and has more potential upside. However how much more he brings versus what we would have to give up to get him is what would worry me.

Just give Campbell ten more years, he might throw 20 TDs by then.

Campbell has 35 Career TDs. 10 in 06 12 in 07 and 13 last year.

Unless you meant per season, and given the number called back by penalty and drives killed by stupid fumbles, he's only 7 TDs away.

For the record, I don't think we'll end up with Cutler but if the Skins don't at least consider Stafford or Sanchez if one is available at #13, they're idiots.

I agree and Sanchez is a possibility. If he gets past San Francisco I hope he's the pick. We can either use him as leverage in an effort to acquire more picks or keep him. Either scenario would be fine with me. Collin's usefullness as a backup left with Saunders IMO and who knows what JC's future holds.

I think we still could be in the mix for Cutler. The Bronco's might not be content with Detroit's two first round picks - now if Calvin Johnson is tradeable then that could change things I suppose. I think Fred Davis and Landry might be enough ammo to get Denver interested though it still would require another team to get involved for Cutler to see D.C.

And what have those last two players gotten the Skins?

:doh:

We're talking about the Snyder era, not something JKC did for the Skins 20 years ago:doh::doh:

The best RB in the NFL and a legitimate playmaker.

Also, during the 70's and 80's other teams did not trade the way the Skins did, but it worked for the Skins. There is absolutely no evidence to show that keeping more picks would actually improve the Skins. In fact comparing the first rd picks since 1990, we have gone against what made us successful. If anything, we need to trade far more 1st rd picks going forward for veteran talent.

So, on Monday we'll have a better picture, huh?

Reminds me of a Jimmy Buffett song...

Come monday, it'll be all right

Come monday, we'll be holdin' Jay tight

It's been 17 years since we had a QB

And I just want to see what could be

It says that JC is better than Collins, because at 37 years old, he's barely any bit better then he was when we was playing for Buffalo.

Collins first 3 years with the Bills he had 16 TD's and 19 INT's. JC may have gotten more reps in Saunders system, but he's still a learning QB. Whereas Collins is at the point where he's learned everything. Overrated my ass. In sports, continuity is one of the most important factors. It's just overrated on this message board because we have so much limitations.

He had ONE GOOD STRETCH OF GAMES IN 07' that was 07, over one year ago. He then FLUNKED the playoff game by throwing 2 interceptions that both went for touchdowns. He hasn't been heard of since. He was healthy at a time where JC was not. Things just FIT. Why was he here in the first place? Saunders. He's an ok backup.

TC had 17 starts in Buffalo. In fact, he had fewer NFL starts than our "rookie" JC when he entered the game against the Bears, zero under Saunders.

The reason he had one good stretch is because he was not permitted to compete for the starting job. Every stretch JC has had to finish a season has been horrid. TC has not been heard from because he is not a whiny cry baby that needs constant coddling like JC. Why can't JC compete against a guy with far less starting experience?

An ok backup is not one that takes you to the playoffs. He is undefeated as a Redskins QB in the regular season. He led the skins into the playoffs. JC has led the Skins to 2-5, 1-5 and 2-6 stretches to end his seasons in games he started and finished.

There is probably less than a 50% chance that this team will acquire Cutler - Denver wants to keep him if they can.

But here's a possible scenario I read from elsewhere IF Cutler is traded and he's really wanted here -

Brennan would go to Denver plus # 13 (McDaniels likes Brennan). A pick from next year could also be possible in the package. If they want more than Brennan, Davis could be included - Scheffler is being shipped out of Denver and they could use a pass catching TE, and Campbell could be traded elsewhere besides Denver to recover a pick.

AND from a business point of view -

Getting Cutler here could save money this year at the QB position and here's why....

After his escalator, Campbell's base salary this year is more than Cutler's.

My take on all this? The more I think about the above scenario the more it makes sense to me, but of course there will be denial from this organization about any talks/interest concerning Cutler. The ramifications are pretty ugly if such a deal were to fall through after any potential deal were made public beforehand...See Denver Broncos.

Sorry if already posted as I did not go through all 18 pages in this thread. But Redskins.com is advertising a FREE JC Jersey with the purchase of a Hall Jersey.

Could it be that Redskins JC jerseys will be obsolete this year and the Redskins are looking to dump them all or just shear coincidence?

Why? If the redskins do trade for cutler, he will still have to learn Playbook and still have O line problems. In order to get Cutley Denver will want 1st and maybe 4 or 5 round pick. Redskins will still have a need for RT, DE and SOLB. No ways the redskins will give up that much for Cutler

orrr.... we'll finally prove that all that junk is BS... and that Campbell just isn't very good and too slow.

He led the skins into the playoffs. JC has led the Skins to 2-5, 1-5 and 2-6 stretches to end his seasons in games he started and finished.

After three seasons of such, even with a good defense in 2007/8, that it might be the basis of a pattern.

Campbell starts decently (not great, IMO but 'good' perhaps) but finishes AWFULLY. Maybe because defenses become less conservative and understand that he can be blitzed into submission.

That's 5-16 in THREE SEASONS in closing out the year. That's a trend, folks. He sucks when it matters most and maybe always will.

Sorry if already posted as I did not go through all 18 pages in this thread. But Redskins.com is advertising a FREE JC Jersey with the purchase of a Hall Jersey.

Could it be that Redskins JC jerseys will be obsolete this year and the Redskins are looking to dump them all or just shear coincidence?

Good question. There must be a surplus, but I bet there's a shortage of the #5 jersey.

Nice find. Highly unlikely they would be giving those away for free.

If they had any intention of signing him to a long-term contract, they would want top dollar for those.

Cutler or Colt....just get it done already.

After three seasons of such, even with a good defense in 2007/8, that it might be the basis of a pattern.

Campbell starts decently (not great, IMO but 'good' perhaps) but finishes AWFULLY. Maybe because defenses become less conservative and understand that he can be blitzed into submission.

That's 5-16 in THREE SEASONS in closing out the year. That's a trend, folks. He sucks when it matters most and maybe always will.

stop point out facts...others will say it was b/c of [insert excuses]

Ummm........no

Its a Jason Taylor jersey.

Not Jason Campbell.

But wait till next week and they will be having a sale.

Buy one Jay Cutler jersey, and get a free Colt Brennan jersey.

For the record, I don't think we'll end up with Cutler but if the Skins don't at least consider Stafford or Sanchez if one is available at #13, they're idiots.

I don't think we'll end up with Cutler either but the speculation sure has been fun. With an eye towards the draft, it's a MUST for the Skins to work out BOTH Stafford and Sanchez. Showing interest, feigned or not, will give us a better chance at trading down should either one still be available at #13.

So, are you saying we let Jason start the season, then finish it with Todd or Colt? That way Zorn saves face by having Jason start as he said. Good call, I seriously am starting to question Zorn's integrity.

I just don't understand how it's the QBs fault that he gets flustered when he's blitzed.

Doesn't every QB?

I'm just saying JC was still busting his ass every play til the last play of the season. Like the 49ers game, it was JC that scrambeled on 4th down and dove into the endzone to take the lead. Only to have that given away with the 49ers next possession. And that happened more than one time last season.

I just don't understand how it's the QBs fault that he gets flustered when he's blitzed.

Doesn't every QB?

I'm just saying JC was still busting his ass every play til the last play of the season. Like the 49ers game, it was JC that scrambeled on 4th down and dove into the endzone to take the lead. Only to have that given away with the 49ers next possession. And that happened more than one time last season.

The line hasn't always been as bad as people make it out to be. At some point a QB needs to be able to take over a game and win it, and JC has shown thus far that he's not capable of doing so.

Wait, JC with a worse OL, multiple systems, less productive receiver, a defense that doesn't get turnovers, and poor Kicking and Special Teams is to blame for being 17-19

and everyones new savior Cutler is 17-20, but it's not his fault, because [fill in the excuses]

Doesn't every QB?

There are certain QBs you don't want to blitz unmercifully. Can't help you if you don't know this. You take physical abuse but you can make HUGE plays.

As for the last game of the season in a meaningless contest---we averaged like 12 pts a game during that last stretch.

Other QBs, including Shane Matthews probably could do better with Cooley, Moss, Sellers and Portis.

Archived