Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

America: Republic or Democracy?

hokie4redskins

Wow, you guys watched a ten minute video in two minutes.

Point is, people have either forgotten we are a republic, or have been woefully informed throughout their lives. Many of those people are on this board and voted Obama.

:twocents:

Um, if you really believe that, you don't seem to understand what a lot of the issues are.

"Republicans" today are for only two types of government non-interference... financial and gun-owning. "Democrats" literally are for less government interference with every other one of your rights.

Point is, people have either forgotten we are a republic, or have been woefully informed throughout their lives. Many of those people are on this board and voted Obama.

:twocents:

it's funny that you complain that people are ignorant, and then post up a totally ignorant sentence like this.

Hooray. You know what the difference is between a democracy and a republic. Too bad no one taught you about painting with such broad strokes.

Bad form.

~Bang

Because he found a video that says democracies are bad (hence "democrats" are wrong about all their view of what is right for the country).

Oh, I knew that. This is a hokie4redskins thread after all.

Oh, and welcome back from your latest ban, hokie.

We are a constitutional republic, which every man and woman is a free person. We created a central government to represent the collective, in situations individuals could not. We drafted and signed a constitution to ensure the people of this country would remain free. I can vote for who I want to represent my personal vote. A democracy is only for 51% of the population.

it's funny that you complain that people are ignorant, and then post up a totally ignorant sentence like this.

Hooray. You know what the difference is between a democracy and a republic. Too bad no one taught you about painting with such broad strokes.

Bad form.

~Bang

Eh, I'm not sure one person who responded watched the video. It simply illustrates the true definition of "right" and "left" and exposes our steady abandonment of our republican principles.

If you're truly blind (or willfully ignorant) of the total government takeover of this country, then kudos to you. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Eh, I'm not sure one person who responded watched the video. It simply illustrates the true definition of "right" and "left" and exposes our steady abandonment of our republican principles.

If you're truly blind (or willfully ignorant) of the total government takeover of this country, then kudos to you. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

If ignorance is bliss, what is ignorance combined with hostile paranoia? Nirvana?

lol

I love it when partsian republicans like hokie4redskins suddenly care about the country being a republic when a democrat is in office. You sure don't care about it when republicans are in charge. Do tell how your foreign policy views mesh with the basic republican principles that this county was founded on?

lol

I love it when partsian republicans like hokie4redskins suddenly care about the country being a republic when a democrat is in office. You sure don't care about it when republicans are in charge. Do tell how you your foreign policy views mesh with the basic republican principles that this county was founded on?

That's not what the video is about at all. It is nothing about democrats vs. republicans. It's clearing up the misconception of what kind of government we actually do have.

We're not a democracy because we are not essentially ruled by the people. We are a republic because we are governed by law. Where is the partisan politics in that?

I just watched 1.5 minutes of this and had to stop. Horrible.

What was so horrible about it? The guy's defining the different types of governments.

You do understand, right, that just because our government is a republic doesn't mean that everyone should be Republicans? The only thing that relates those two things are the name. Party ideology does not have anything to do with our form of government...

Again, :rotflmao: thanks for the good laugh at your expense.

lol

I love it when partsian republicans like hokie4redskins suddenly care about the country being a republic when a democrat is in office. You sure don't care about it when republicans are in charge. Do tell how you your foreign policy views mesh with the basic republican principles that this county was founded on?

Jeez Louise. Post a video on political systems and **** hits the fan. If it exposes America's left-venturing devolution on the political spectrum to anyone with an iota of rhyme and reason, so be it.

But yes, the non-interventionalist starts slinging mud. Ironic. You'd probably be surprised on how much we agree. I'm sure I was as concerned as you of Iraq's unconstitutional handling. I supported the ends, just not the means.

Maybe you should watch the video.

Archived