Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three Seminoles that would Change the Redskins.

SkinsNoles21

Trust me, I would love to have any of those 3 noles. Another guy I think would help would be De'Cody Fagg but there is another entire thread devoted to him. Of course Graham Gano would be an upgrade over whatever kicker we currently plan on using (Suisham/Rayner).

Well since we are all doing it, I say we scoop up every VT player in the draft, since they were they best ACC team last year (no need to point out the obvious flaws in that statement :silly:). But I do have to say that both FSU and Miami have been garbage for a number of years now, so saying anything coming out of there is "elite" is just silly.

Garbage? In the last few "garbage" years the Noles and Canes have produced WAY more NFL players that the VT Jokies. Plus if the Noles are so garbage, how did they beat VT in the ACCCG 3 years ago, and beat them last year.

Anything coming out of FSU considered elite is silly? Ernie Sims, Cromartie, Bryant McFadden, Leon Washington, Kam Wimbley, Darnell Dockett, Lawrence Timmons, and Travis Johnson beg to differ.

Everette Brown is no Corey Moore! He will be a great NFL player.

2) Antone Smith, RB. (5-7 7/8, 191 pounds) "showed off his speed at the pro day with times of 4.33 and 4.36 seconds in the 40. He had a 32-inch vertical and a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and times of 4.32 seconds in the short shuttle and 6.90 seconds in the three-cone drill. He also put up an impressive 31 repetitions on the bench press."

This cannot be real, can it? Based on these numbers, Antone Smith sounds like a stud. Speed and power of this magnitude from such a little fella? I'd take him in an instant.

Can I please hear your argument as to why a speed scat-back similar to Antone Smith would not help our team?

Bigger needs along the offensive and defensive line is not an argument. I'm saying this as if we were a normal team with 7+picks.

Because unlike Smith Sproles/MJD actually had successful collegate campagins. The Noles have sucked for the past 3 years. We don't need any of those scrubbs on the squad (except Evrette Brown). On top of that I don't see why every college hommer has to put up a thread about their crappy players. Every year we hear some dolt talk about WVU, or this year Michael Johnson, Koeshawn Moreno or Stafford. I understand its the heart of the offseason but damn.

2) Antone Smith, RB. (5-7 7/8, 191 pounds) "showed off his speed at the pro day with times of 4.33 and 4.36 seconds in the 40. He had a 32-inch vertical and a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and times of 4.32 seconds in the short shuttle and 6.90 seconds in the three-cone drill. He also put up an impressive 31 repetitions on the bench press."

This cannot be real, can it? Based on these numbers, Antone Smith sounds like a stud. Speed and power of this magnitude from such a little fella? I'd take him in an instant.

He's already in the NFL. His name is Lorenzo Booker. Look at all the success he has found for the eagles.

Don't mean to add to the Everrette Brown hype, but dude put up 39 reps on the bench. That pretty damn impressive.

I'd least bring him in for a work out and see if he'd fit at OLB in our D. If not then no.

I actually wouldn't mind going after Tony Carter if here's there late. Give Tyron a little competition.

Pro day numbers for a player are usually a little extreme when are doing it at their school. But Antone is unbelievably fast and strong ... He was arguably the top back in the nation coming out of hs and didnt have a monster career due to the fact that the Noles had terrible o-lines for his first 3 years here.

He will succeed in the NFL in the right role.

Booker is more of a juking back with moves, Smith is stronger runs harder and has better vision in my opinion. I would take Everett Brown over Andre Carter right now. Carter gave us no production last year and is on the down side of his career. I know people will say Brown is too small and cant stop the run, but how is that any different than Andre Carter? Atleast Brown is younger and WILL be a pass rushing force. Chris Wislon could come in and do what Carter does. Like I said in a eearlier post Gregg Carr is a TD machine...but no he is not better than Malcom Kelly or Devin Thomas. I saw Carr drop too many easy catches and he doesnt have the heart that Kelly has to go over the middle. But I would love Carr for the red zone fades and long deep balls ...thats what he's best at.

I definitely dont think he would be an instant upgrade over the two guys we drafted. I just listed Carr because he is a great red zone target and could give Campbell a big body to look for in the end zone ... Like I stated ... hes a beast at the fade route. He would make two catches a game but they would either be bombs or touchdowns.

One of the problems with the fade route in the NFL is that it has become extremely hard to pull off since the Push Out rule was repealed. It does happen, just not that often. And it usually takes luck and an elite talent to do it...think Santonio Holmes in the SB...I have a hard time seeing any of our WRs pulling that off. Also, that wasn't even a called play. Big Ben was just running around and saw Holmes going for the corner and threw it up. Holmes made a ridiculously good catch. That said, if Carr were to go undrafted I'd definitely snag him and see what he could do when presented with a much more complex playbook and routes.

As far as Everette Brown...I'm a little put off by his height for DE in the NFL and I read that he looked a bit stiff at OLB in the Senior Bowl workouts, but whenver I watch highlights of the guy I just can't help being completely wow'ed. He just looks unstoppable sometimes and has tons of moves, unlike many college DEs that just have one or two and rely only on their athletic ability to make it work. He is also strong as an ox. I remember seeing a play against UMD where he did a hump move on his guy and just tossed him to the ground like a kid. That was LT Ed Wang who weighs 310 lbs.

Smith I would be perfectly fine grabbing in the lower rounds, which is where he will likely go. Especially if we trade back and get extra picks. Watched some highlights of him and he has great top end speed, explosion, and runs like he is 6'0 230 lbs. Good outside runner, but also pretty good between the tackles which is relatively rare for a scat back kind of guy.

Garbage? In the last few "garbage" years the Noles and Canes have produced WAY more NFL players that the VT Jokies. Plus if the Noles are so garbage, how did they beat VT in the ACCCG 3 years ago, and beat them last year.

Anything coming out of FSU considered elite is silly? Ernie Sims, Cromartie, Bryant McFadden, Leon Washington, Kam Wimbley, Darnell Dockett, Lawrence Timmons, and Travis Johnson beg to differ.

Everette Brown is no Corey Moore! He will be a great NFL player.

I realize sarcasm is hard to sell on message boards, so let me clarify, in no way was I comparing VT to either of those 2 teams, we've choked in almost every important game besides the ACCCG and the Orange Bowl last year. I was basing the "we were the best" talk purly on winning the ACCCG. And to add on to that, I was comparing the past couple of years to the Noles and Canes of old, where they dominated people. Apologies for the confusion, and I'm resigned to the fact that most of last year was based on luck for us.

And to be fair, we did lose 8 starters to the draft last year, which is more than either FSU or Miami.

I realize sarcasm is hard to sell on message boards, so let me clarify, in no way was I comparing VT to either of those 2 teams, we've choked in almost every important game besides the ACCCG and the Orange Bowl last year. I was basing the "we were the best" talk purly on winning the ACCCG. And to add on to that, I was comparing the past couple of years to the Noles and Canes of old, where they dominated people. Apologies for the confusion, and I'm resigned to the fact that most of last year was based on luck for us.

And to be fair, we did lose 8 starters to the draft last year, which is more than either FSU or Miami.

I'm just saying, if the Noles are "garbage" how did they beat VT 2 outta the last 3 times they've played em? What's that say for VT? We've had down years and still won the ACC and still are able to beat the VPI's of the world.

Only drafted VT player anyone can name from last year is Eddie Royal. Unless, you are a VT faithful, you can't name many more. How's the Vick brothers working out for ya? How's super studs Corey Moore, Brandon Ore, Kevin Jones and Jimmy Williams doing? Yeah, VT puts tons of talent in the NFL. That last sentence my friend was sarcasm. Check out how many Noles were in the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl this year. End of story.

I'm just saying, if the Noles are "garbage" how did they beat VT 2 outta the last 3 times they've played em? What's that say for VT? We've had down years and still won the ACC and still are able to beat the VPI's of the world.

Only drafted VT player anyone can name from last year is Eddie Royal. Unless, you are a VT faithful, you can't name many more. How's the Vick brothers working out for ya? How's super studs Corey Moore, Brandon Ore, Kevin Jones and Jimmy Williams doing? Yeah, VT puts tons of talent in the NFL. That last sentence my friend was sarcasm. Check out how many Noles were in the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl this year. End of story.

Wow, I basically just admitted FSU was better than VT, and yet you still bash me? The SARCASM was that VT was the best....grow up.

Oh, and how is that cheating scandal doing? Dick

Edit: and I GO to VT, so I'm pretty sure I know who went in the draft.

Wow, I basically just admitted FSU was better than VT, and yet you still bash me? The SARCASM was that VT was the best....grow up.

Oh, and how is that cheating scandal doing? Dick

Edit: and I GO to VT, so I'm pretty sure I know who went in the draft.

Cheating scandal is going pretty well. Thanks for asking. How is the....ah...nevermind. I'm a FSU alum, so I know who from FSU is talented. As I said, only VT faithful would know who went in the draft last year, outside of Eddie Royal. My problem with you is you say in one post that FSU and UM are "garbage". Then, turn around and say that FSU is better than VT. Oh no, you called me a dick!! How will I cope? Nothing personal against you Khaezh12, but don't resort to name calling. You are better than that.

The OP stated that those 3 players (who happened to be Noles) would help the Skins. Hypothetically, if the very same players played at VT I'm sure the same opinion would be held by the OP. They are good players no matter where they played. Just like Josh Morgan, Brandon Flowers, and Eddie Royal. I would love to have all of them. It doesn't matter that VT isn't a mytical national championship contender. They are talented.

Would you have passed on Leon Washington, b/c of the Noles being 7-5 his senior year? If so, you would have missed out on a stud. Look at him now in the pros. No denying he is a great player in the mold of MJD/Sproles. I'm not saying the Skins should spend any of the limited draft picks we have on Carr or Smith, but EB would be a great fit here.

HTTR.

I saw this headline a few weeks ago.

Forner Hokie DeAngelo Hall signs with Redskins.

Now hush up. :)

Thanks TK. :) You know....The president of FSU is named TK Weatherall! Are you him? Just kidding.

IMO the jury is still out on DeAngelo Hall for me. Let have him put it together somewhere for a whole season. Like I said, it doesn't matter where they went to college, if they can help the Skins, I'm all for it.

Archived