Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three Seminoles that would Change the Redskins.

SkinsNoles21

Brown is better suited for a 3-4 as you stated.

Smith sounds like a great prospect. I'm not sure where he is projected to go. But if its late in the draft, then why not. We wouldn't need to trade or acquire any picks in the draft to spend a late round pick on him.

Carr hasn't really had a great career. He is just tall. There are plenty of tall mediocre receivers. I am willing to be he doesn't get drafted. If he does its late. He doesn't sound like he is worth the time unless they brought him in undrafted.

I agree we don't need Brown. If we didn't have Carter, I'd be all for giving him a shot at RDE. But we do, and Brown isn't going to succeed at LDE in the NFC East in our scheme especially, so forget it.

Carr hasn't had a great career? His stats overall: 148 career receptions, 20% of which went for TDs, 24 of his 29 career TDs came inside the red zone, while putting up 2550 receiving yards total.

That's a pretty damn good college career.

That being said- he's not the best route runner in the world (sort of a Randy Moss, he's a monster down the sidelines and in the red zone, but going over the middle isn't his strongest ability), and he's not that physical unless he's going up for a jump ball. If we didn't draft 3 guys last year though, I'd definitely look to give him a shot in the mid to late rounds of the draft (probably around Round 5 or 6).

Smith is a lot like a Sproles-lite. Small, very quick and has seriously fast straight line speed, and he can lower his shoulder into a guy without a problem. He doesn't have the best career stats but our o-line was garbage until this past season. Has a lot of heart and passion for the game as well, I know him somewhat from having a few classes with him. He's actually our most viable option to consider in the later rounds, like 6 or 7 or so.

1. Why are you comparing him to Kelly? /quote]

I said he was an obvious upgrade.

As in he is better than both Kelly and Thomas. That is why I am comparing him.

2. The rest of your response has so many spelling errors, that I honestly don't feel like wasting my time.

3. The little 10, and the corners from the little 10, can't be compared to the corners out of the state of Florida.

Class over.

I agree we don't need Brown. If we didn't have Carter, I'd be all for giving him a shot at RDE. But we do, and Brown isn't going to succeed at LDE in the NFC East in our scheme especially, so forget it.

Carr hasn't had a great career? His stats overall: 148 career receptions, 20% of which went for TDs, 24 of his 29 career TDs came inside the red zone, while putting up 2550 receiving yards total.

That's a pretty damn good college career.

That being said- he's not the best route runner in the world (sort of a Randy Moss, he's a monster down the sidelines and in the red zone, but going over the middle isn't his strongest ability), and he's not that physical unless he's going up for a jump ball. If we didn't draft 3 guys last year though, I'd definitely look to give him a shot in the mid to late rounds of the draft (probably around Round 5 or 6).

Smith is a lot like a Sproles-lite. Small, very quick and has seriously fast straight line speed, and he can lower his shoulder into a guy without a problem. He doesn't have the best career stats but our o-line was garbage until this past season. Has a lot of heart and passion for the game as well, I know him somewhat from having a few classes with him. He's actually our most viable option to consider in the later rounds, like 6 or 7 or so.

I think Smith would be an excellent kid worth drafting whether we trade down or not. If we can scoop him up in the seventh, I would do it.

what's to argue, none are all that great of NFL prospects, and aren't really worth a look, compared to what we already have.

your love of FSU, probably blinds you of reality

Bubba, I appreciate everything you do around this board, but please.

You probably haven't seen a single games worth of footage on any three of these guys, especially Carr or Smith.

It's not FSU blind love, it's being really familiar with a couple guys that relate to positions we have question marks in, and making a thread about it as possible late round scenarios. That's all that happened here.

1. Why are you comparing him to Kelly? /quote]

I said he was an obvious upgrade.

As in he is better than both Kelly and Thomas. That is why I am comparing him.

2. The rest of your response has so many spelling errors, that I honestly don't feel like wasting my time.

3. The little 10, and the corners from the little 10, can't be compared to the corners out of the state of Florida.

Class over.

You didn't explain how he was an obvious upgrade. Just because Kelly had his knee drained doesn't make him a better player.

So because I am not checking my spelling you won't attempt to make an actual argument. Immature much?

What do the corners out of the Big Ten have to do with the State of Florida? Florida State isn't playing SEC schools.

Class over? As in you aren't showing any?

Grow up.

You didn't explain how he was an obvious upgrade. Just because Kelly had his knee drained doesn't make him a better player.

So because I am not checking my spelling you won't attempt to make an actual argument. Immature much?

What do the corners out of the Big Ten have to do with the State of Florida? Florida State isn't playing SEC schools.

Class over? As in you aren't showing any?

Grow up.

Not trying to be rude. You just simply don't know what you are talking about.

FSU plays Florida every year, the national champ, from the SEC.

They also play Miami every year. Not in the SEC, but another Florida team that produces athletic freaks at the corner position.

No hard feelings.

Not trying to be rude. You just simply don't know what you are talking about.

FSU plays Florida every year, the national champ, from the SEC.

They also play Miami every year. Not in the SEC, but another Florida team that produces athletic freaks at the corner position.

No hard feelings.

:cheers:

Miami hasn't put out a corner in forever.

FSU has a stellar defense. But what corner? Its their pass rush.

Last year he only had two catches against each team. Looking at his whole career, he has never had a big game against either team.

This kid is just big. Much like Mix. He has nothing special to offer other than size. He is not worth anything more than a seventh round pick.

No hard feelings:D

I think Smith would be an excellent kid worth drafting whether we trade down or not. If we can scoop him up in the seventh, I would do it.
I agree completely.

I'm worried about the wear and tear on Portis' body, and I think it's agreed by a lot of people around here that what we really need is a small scat back that can hit some home runs every once in awhile and maybe do kick returns too. Obviously, Sproles is the main man for something like that in the NFL today, but Smith has a lot of those same intangibles. If we can get him in the 6th or 7th over another lame corner or DE, that'd be awesome.

I'd be for giving Carr a shot, but I'd rather see what we have in Kelly and Thomas. I have a lot of faith in those guys for next year. Kelly just seemed to have too much bad luck and weird things going on with his body that I'm hoping he can rebound and have a season that surprises some people with how successful it is. Thomas just screams impressive physical ability, his end around for a TD was great- he had a natural nose for the end zone and wasn't going to be stopped until he got there, it's just a matter of keeping him that intense all the time. If either of those guys can bump Randle El to the #3 position, we're fine. So no to Carr, as long as these guys are around.

Carr would also be solid for us in the red zone, but I'm hoping Fred Davis shows up there next year.

Last year he only had two catches against each team. Looking at his whole career, he has never had a big game against either team.

This kid is just big. Much like Mix. He has nothing special to offer other than size. He is not worth anything more than a seventh round pick.

FSU and Redskins offensive woes are so similar it has haunted me.

Those Carr stats now confirm why I have been screaming for us to throw the ball to carr more. Dude is legit I just dont know if he can make it in the nfl.

I agree completely.

I'm worried about the wear and tear on Portis' body, and I think it's agreed by a lot of people around here that what we really need is a small scat back that can hit some home runs every once in awhile and maybe do kick returns too. Obviously, Sproles is the main man for something like that in the NFL today, but Smith has a lot of those same intangibles. If we can get him in the 6th or 7th over another lame corner or DE, that'd be awesome.

I'd be for giving Carr a shot, but I'd rather see what we have in Kelly and Thomas. I have a lot of faith in those guys for next year. Kelly just seemed to have too much bad luck and weird things going on with his body that I'm hoping he can rebound and have a season that surprises some people with how successful it is. Thomas just screams impressive physical ability, his end around for a TD was great- he had a natural nose for the end zone and wasn't going to be stopped until he got there, it's just a matter of keeping him that intense all the time. If either of those guys can bump Randle El to the #3 position, we're fine. So no to Carr, as long as these guys are around.

Carr would also be solid for us in the red zone, but I'm hoping Fred Davis shows up there next year.

I wouldn't say Smith was one of the best FSU backs of the last ten years, but he could fit in somewhere in the right scheme.

Also, he wasn't playing for a really good offense, so it is hard to tell how much of his occasional disappearing acts were due to coaching, qb play, and lack of an offensive line.

He was inconsistent. He would look like Warrick Dunn for some games, then back to Amp Lee for others.

Miami and FSU have more total players in the NFL than any other college teams. That doesnt have anything to do with your argument.

But I hate on the Big Ten ... hard. They are not as good as the acc.

I agree. I love following Miami for years now. Its disappointing that Florida, Bama, and LSU are taking away all the best Florida kids. Of course two schools are going to have more college players in the NFL than another other SINGLE college team:silly:

I agree. I love following Miami for years now. Its disappointing that Florida, Bama, and LSU are taking away all the best Florida kids. Of course two schools are going to have more college players in the NFL than another other SINGLE college team:silly:

No not total compared to any one school. Miami I believe is tops, FSU is 2nd ...

Keep studying.

First, it was FSU didn't play any SEC teams. Then you googled UF, and discovered they were in the SEC. Or, you looked at the FSU schedule, and found out that they play UF every year. Either way...not real great.

Now, it is Miami hasn't put out a good corner in forever.

Hester didn't exactly suck. He seems to have done pretty well in the NFL.

I wouldn't say Smith was one of the best FSU backs of the last ten years, but he could fit in somewhere in the right scheme.

Also, he wasn't playing for a really good offense, so it is hard to tell how much of his occasional disappearing acts were due to coaching, qb play, and lack of an offensive line.

He was inconsistent. He would look like Warrick Dunn for some games, then back to Amp Lee for others.

Agreed. I think Smith got to a point, particularly towards the end of the 07 season, where he just started to not trust his o-line because it's inconsistency, and he didn't run as hard because he didn't know if the hole would stay open long enough or it'd collapse and he'd be running straight into a LB and DT. He definitely had some happy feet at times.

2008 he seemed a lot more confident hitting the holes, which wasn't a surprise considering how much our line improved under a year in Rick Trickett's coaching style, and he was able to show case a lot more his abilities in turn.

He's not the best back of the last decade, but given his small size and lightning in a bottle speed, along with being really well built (he was consistently one of the strongest guys on the entire team the past few years), he could end up a respectable change of pace guy and kickoff guy.

Keep studying.

First, it was FSU didn't play any SEC teams. Then you googled UF, and discovered they were in the SEC. Or, you looked at the FSU schedule, and found out that they play UF every year. Either way...not real great.

Here you go again with the 'tude.

I completely forgot State played Florida every year. Heck, I was in Florida with my fiance's family watching that game last year as they are all Florida alumnists. I know my college ball well enough.

What are you arguing? The kid didn't do anything against Florida. Are you simply trying to find a flaw in what I was saying, but that has no impact in my argument?

How has Hester done as a coner? Why was he moved to WR/Kick Returner? Never drafted as a corner.

Keep studying.

McD5,

In all of your weak attempts by trying to mock my spelling errors, or point out that Florida played ONE SEC team, you have yet to really point out as to what can be said to argue that Carr would be an "instant upgrade".

You would think at your age you would lose the trivial attacks and focus on the points.

Agreed. I think Smith got to a point, particularly towards the end of the 07 season, where he just started to not trust his o-line because it's inconsistency, and he didn't run as hard because he didn't know if the hole would stay open long enough or it'd collapse and he'd be running straight into a LB and DT. He definitely had some happy feet at times.

2008 he seemed a lot more confident hitting the holes, which wasn't a surprise considering how much our line improved under a year in Rick Trickett's coaching style, and he was able to show case a lot more his abilities in turn.

He's not the best back of the last decade, but given his small size and lightning in a bottle speed, along with being really well built (he was consistently one of the strongest guys on the entire team the past few years), he could end up a respectable change of pace guy and kickoff guy.

I could see him doing well with a team like Dallas....maybe even Philly.

It is a shame that you weren't born 15 years earlier, for the sake of football.

The first FSU game I ever saw live was Miami at FSU.

Michael Irvin against Prime Time.

Deion shut him down the entire game. Deion got injured in the 4th quarter, and missed exactly two plays.

Irvin caught two long bombs for tds on each of those two plays, burning another future NFL corner. I believe each of the tds was 60 yards or longer. Miami squeaked out a win.

If you go look at the roster of those two teams on that day....it is one hall of famer after another.

It is widely considered to be one of the top 10 college games of all time, and ESPN gave that game some award, to the effect of, no two teams in recent memory ever had more future NFL stars than that game did.

It was out of this world.

Keep studying.

Hester was an alright corner, but he was better known for his return abilities.

Kelly Jennings is probably the best corner Miami's put into the NFL in a couple years.

The ACC has some very good college corners, not necessarily all NFL talent level, but for the NCAA level they're usually pretty damn good. Guys like Brandon Flowers, Macho Harris, Alphonso Smith, Antonio Cromartie, Tony Carter...those are the biggest names, but there are certainly other athletic corners in the conference that are decent at the college level.

I could see him doing well with a team like Dallas....maybe even Philly.

It is a shame that you weren't born 15 years earlier, for the sake of football.

The first FSU game I ever saw live was Miami at FSU.

Michael Irvin against Prime Time.

Deion shut him down the entire game. Deion got injured in the 4th quarter, and missed exactly two plays.

Irvin caught two long bombs for tds on each of those two plays, burning another future NFL corner. I believe each of the tds was 60 yards or longer. Miami squeaked out a win.

If you go look at the roster of those two teams on that day....it is one hall of famer after another.

It is widely considered to be one of the top 10 college games of all time, and ESPN gave that game some award, to the effect of, no two teams in recent memory ever had more future NFL stars than that game did.

It was out of this world.

The UVA FSU game where UVA handed FSU its first ever ACC lost was also loaded with future NFL stars ... Headlined by Tike and Ronde for UVA and Warrick Dunn for FSU.

McD5,

In all of your weak attempts by trying to mock my spelling errors, or point out that Florida played ONE SEC team, you have yet to really point out as to what can be said to argue that Carr would be an "instant upgrade".

You would think at your age you would lose the trivial attacks and focus on the points.

Bro...in my first response to your request, I named four or five reasons why I believe Carr would be an instant upgrade. Scroll back if interested.

If you don't agree, that is totally fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

Even if that opinion is that the little 10 ever puts out quality at the corner or wide receiver position like Prime Time, Boldin, Santana Moss, Coles, Rolle, Hester, Cromartie, Irvin, Randy Moss and so many others.

Archived