Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three Seminoles that would Change the Redskins.

SkinsNoles21

Ok ... I'm an FSU and Redskins homer ... so the influx of Gators and Hurricanes over the years has always had me hoping some Seminoles would be drafted.

Here are the three we should/I wish we could draft:

1) Everette Brown, DE. This guy is an animal, who I dont think will be at 13. He brings some depth and youth to the DL. Some feel he is better suited for a 3-4, which may be true. But along side Haynesworth, he could be an animal. He lived in opposing teams backfield last year. I don't think he'll be there when we draft.

2) Antone Smith, RB. (5-7 7/8, 191 pounds) "showed off his speed at the pro day with times of 4.33 and 4.36 seconds in the 40. He had a 32-inch vertical and a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and times of 4.32 seconds in the short shuttle and 6.90 seconds in the three-cone drill. He also put up an impressive 31 repetitions on the bench press."

3)Greg Carr, WR. (6-5 3/8, 217 pounds) "had 40 times of 4.58 and 4.65 seconds. He had a 31-inch vertical leap and a 9-foot, 6-inch broad jump and times of 4.40 seconds in the short shuttle and 7.41 seconds in the three-cone drill."

Got the info. for Smith and Carr from ... http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

I know that we only have four picks, and that these two guys are not our most important areas to draft right now. So I am not arguing against needing both o-line and d-line. What im saying is, if we had the picks and opportunity ... these would be great additions.

We need a scat back like Antone something bad. A change of pace back with dynamic speed. Something to help make things easier for the offense.

Greg Carr is 6'6 easily, and can go and get the jump balls. Another red zone targer for Campbell couldnt hurt. He has the potential to be unguardable with the fade pass to the corner of the end zone.

OHHHH yeah ... forgot to add a fourth. GRAHAM GANO ... best kicker in college by far ... and when our punter went down last year he came in and dominated. He completely took over our bowl games dropping 3 straight punts inside their 5. Our defense took it from there.

I havent looked into where they will be selected. But I think Antone will be drafted at some point. Carr, being 6'6 I think would get drafted late as well.

I don't think this offense needs major pieces right now other than to the OL. I think they need a couple guys to help give us more big play potential. Scat backs do that for you by reeling off 20 yard runs out of nowhere.

];6227950']Everette Brown will probably be there at 13. If he goes earlier than that it'll be to either GB or BUF who need pass rushers badly.

Still don't think we should draft him. But I'd much rather have him than Tyson Jackson.

I dont know' date=' Everette Brown looks like a MONSTER. If we decide to draft defense in the first round and Orakpo is not available (which is the most likely scenario), I hope we get Everette Brown :

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE[/url]

Can I please hear your argument as to why a speed scat-back similar to Antone Smith would not help our team?

Bigger needs along the offensive and defensive line is not an argument. I'm saying this as if we were a normal team with 7+picks.

So you want someone to come up with an argument for something for a fictional scenario?

Can I please hear you argument as to why this is even worth discussing?

Its the off season and there is nothing else to talk about is not an argument. I'm saying this as if we should discuss realistic scenarios.

So you want someone to come up with an argument for something for a fictional scenario?

Can I please hear you argument as to why this is even worth discussing?

Its the off season and there is nothing else to talk about is not an argument. I'm saying this as if we should discuss realistic scenarios.

We trade down and pick up extra picks? Could happen as Vinny has discussed it.

We pick up a conditional pick, like a 7th rounder, and one of the guys I listed is there.

We trade a player for a pick.

We trade next years picks to pick up a couple picks in this draft.

IS that enough?

Any idea in what round Carr is projected to go? He would be an obvious upgrade.

Also....little known trivia.

Joe Gibbs was an assistant coach at Florida State.

Bill Parcells was too.

Edit: I see Carr is picked to go in the 6th or 7th.

Can I please hear your argument as to why a speed scat-back similar to Antone Smith would not help our team?

Bigger needs along the offensive and defensive line is not an argument. I'm saying this as if we were a normal team with 7+picks.

what's to argue, none are all that great of NFL prospects, and aren't really worth a look, compared to what we already have.

your love of FSU, probably blinds you of reality

We trade down and pick up extra picks? Could happen as Vinny has discussed it.

We pick up a conditional pick, like a 7th rounder, and one of the guys I listed is there.

We trade a player for a pick.

We trade next years picks to pick up a couple picks in this draft.

IS that enough?

Would love to trade down. Not sure how far down we would trade and how many additional picks we could snag and where they could come from.

I am completely against trading future draft picks.

I don't think our team has any dispensable players that wouldn't hurt our cap.

Brown is better suited for a 3-4 as you stated.

Smith sounds like a great prospect. I'm not sure where he is projected to go. But if its late in the draft, then why not. We wouldn't need to trade or acquire any picks in the draft to spend a late round pick on him.

Carr hasn't really had a great career. He is just tall. There are plenty of tall mediocre receivers. I am willing to be he doesn't get drafted. If he does its late. He doesn't sound like he is worth the time unless they brought him in undrafted.

WAIT, why would Carr be an OBVIOUS upgrade!?!?!!?!?

1. He hasn't had his knee drained prior to even facing contact. He can actually walk.

2. Unlike Thomas, he actually practiced against, and played against elite cornerbacks.

3. Also unlike Thomas, he didn't have only one good year against pansies.

4. His quarterbacks were awful. I mean absolutely terrible. He earned his stats.

Now, name one reason why he wouldn't be an obvious upgrade to a huge health concern, and a guy that only had one good season in college against no one.

what's to argue, none are all that great of NFL prospects, and aren't really worth a look, compared to what we already have.

your love of FSU, probably blinds you of reality

Antone Smith ... a rb who had 16 total touchdowns last season with 4.3 speed ... on a team that lacks big play ability and scoring ability ... is definitely worth a look.

I love Cartwright ... but he and Betts ... don't do anything for this team aside from Cartwrights decent returns.

1. He hasn't had his knee drained prior to even facing contact. He can actually walk.

2. Unlike Thomas, he actually practiced against, and played against elite cornerbacks.

3. Also unlike Thomas, he didn't have only one good year against pansies.

4. His quarterbacks were awful. I mean absolutely terrible. He earned his stats.

Now, name one reason why he wouldn't be an obvious upgrade to a huge health concern, and a guy that only had one good season in college against no one.

1. Why are you comparing him to Kelly?

2. Unlike Thomas, his production sucked. Against what elite CB's? Due tell.

3. Unlike Thomas, he didn't have any great years. Look at the opponents, they are about equal to Florida States.

4. Thomas' QB was awful too.

You could not be more wrong about everything you just wrote. The competition Michigan State and Florida State faced were about even. Heck, I would be willing to give to Michigan State. The Big Ten is tougher than the ACC.

There is a reason why Thomas was projected high and Gregg Carr will go undrafted.

Say something:chair:

1. Why are you comparing him to Kelly?

2. Unlike Thomas, his production sucked. Against what elite CB's? Due tell.

3. Unlike Thomas, he didn't have any great years. Look at the opponents, they are about equal to Florida States.

4. Thomas' QB was awful too.

You could not be more wrong about everything you just wrote. The competition Michigan State and Florida State faced were about even. Heck, I would be willing to give to Michigan State. The Big Ten is tougher than the ACC.

There is a reason why Thomas was projected high and Gregg Carr will go undrafted.

Say something:chair:

The Big Ten is a joke ... but thats an argument for another day.

Archived