Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Redskins Shielding Haynesworth From Media (M.E.T.)

Horatio

I love it. The hatred for Dan and Vinny is so predictable. Pretty much the way it works is like this. If Dan/Vinny do something, then it must be wrong. If AH were talking to the media on a regular basis, this article still would have been written with the same negative tone, except it would have been about how Snyder and Vinny should not allow AH to talk to the media. How about they just write an article on Vinny and Dan to end all articles. It would be 3 lines. "Anything Vinny and Dan do, we believe they should have done the opposite. If the Redskins make a good move it was thanks to someone else (Gibbs, Williams, etc.). Conversely, if the Redskins make a bad move, it falls squarely on Vinny and Dan's shoulders."

AH's attorney should be saying the same thing. Nothing good will come from him speaking to the press unless it is Redskins related. And you know the media will only want to hear about the accident.

I cases like this, prosecuting attorneys are just waiting for him to say the wrong thing. Not to mention the civil/insurance suit.

Everyone in the league wants to villify AH because of the accident but moreso the contract. He has a target on his back right now.

Just watch, the claimant in this thing is getting ready to be paid big time. Probably 10 times the actual medical bills.

I love it. The hatred for Dan and Vinny is so predictable. Pretty much the way it works is like this. If Dan/Vinny do something, then it must be wrong. If AH were talking to the media on a regular basis, this article still would have been written with the same negative tone, except it would have been about how Snyder and Vinny should not allow AH to talk to the media. How about they just write an article on Vinny and Dan to end all articles. It would be 3 lines. "Anything Vinny and Dan do, we believe they should have done the opposite. If the Redskins make a good move it was thanks to someone else (Gibbs, Williams, etc.). Conversely, if the Redskins make a bad move, it falls squarely on Vinny and Dan's shoulders."

Pretty much. Dan/Vinny can do no right in the eyes of ES.

Whats the problem? He doesn't want bad press after Haynesworth was just indicted.

I have no problem with this. This is smart. What could possibly come good of Haynesworth speaking publicly at this time during the offseason with no actual football activities going on.

It would be wise to not have to hear from Haynesworth until preseason.

I couldnt agree more.

One thing that I would like to see change about Coach Zorn (as well as the organization as a whole) is not giving as much information to the media.

Remember, there are only certain times when you are required to speak to the media. It's up to you weather you give them the Jim Zorn approach (like an open book) or give them the Bill Belicheck approach. I personally, would like to see us lean more on the Belicheck side of things. Don't be an ass, but also don't spill the beans

I don't blame Snyder and the Redskins ONE BIT. Put yourself in Dan Snyder's shoes for a second: you just signed a guy to a 100 MILLION DOLLAR contract......you're darn right you're going to shield and protect him from all the CREEPS who hide behind the title of "journalist," who are ultimately out to RUIN PEOPLES' LIVES each and everyday they walk the face of the earth.

How does this come back to Snyders "mismanagement?" Man you guys are a trip, this never ceases to amaze me.

The charge against the dude is not a big deal, is being blown WAY out of proportion, and the team is basically not giving the media a chance to make it even a bigger deal.

How does this become "snyder managing perception"???

Exactly!

[ATTACH]40360[/ATTACH]

I'd have my hands shielding my face if I were him.

I just wish Rock Cartwright would have been on the same leash

What do you mean?

EDIT: Oh, okay I found the story you're referring to. I mentioned that here right after I heard Rock on the radio, but I guess no one noticed. I honestly think he just wasn't thinking when he said that.

I don't blame Snyder and the Redskins ONE BIT. Put yourself in Dan Snyder's shoes for a second: you just signed a guy to a 100 MILLION DOLLAR contract......you're darn right you're going to shield and protect him from all the CREEPS who hide behind the title of "journalist," who are ultimately out to RUIN PEOPLES' LIVES each and everyday they walk the face of the earth.

I resemble that remark.

my $.02

why not let it play out now vice having it hang over our heads as training camp approaches? swallow the pill and get it over with now so it's old news when it's time to get to work. either way, the elephant isn't going to go away just because it's ignored...

They may be forgiven' date=' but they aren't forgotten.

If this thing blows up in our faces and he has to do prison time and they new about this before signing him to $100 million then........

[b']VINNY[/b]

HAS

TO

GO!!!!!!!

People keep talking about if he does jail-time. He's not going to go to jail for a misdemeanor traffic violation. His charges carry a weight that are less than the weight of a DUI, which is a traffic felony. How many people do you know that have gotten a single DUI and went to jail for it. You have to kill somebody while plastered or get multiple DUI's before you got to jail and that's at a higher level than this!

All criminal infractions and some traffic-criminal infractions have the potential of jail time. This is no different.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/15/skins-shielding-haynesworth-from-the-media/

Great. Like the article says, the guy just signed a $100 million contract and his employer won't allow the press to talk to him.

Yet another example of Snyder attempting to manage perception.

Nothing to do with Snyder to manage perception as much as it is just a smart move. Most lawyer/agents would do the same thing. We just made a huge investment in him and Snyder doesn't want him saying something stupid to the media.

How does this come back to Snyders "mismanagement?" Man you guys are a trip, this never ceases to amaze me.

The charge against the dude is not a big deal, is being blown WAY out of proportion, and the team is basically not giving the media a chance to make it even a bigger deal.

How does this become "snyder managing perception"???

Snyder can win a few Super Bowls here and everyone will hate him for one reason or another. I can actually see people on here ****ing about him "buying" one if we won it.

People keep talking about if he does jail-time. He's not going to go to jail for a misdemeanor traffic violation. His charges carry a weight that are less than the weight of a DUI, which is a traffic felony. How many people do you know that have gotten a single DUI and went to jail for it. You have to kill somebody while plastered or get multiple DUI's before you got to jail and that's at a higher level than this!

All criminal infractions and some traffic-criminal infractions have the potential of jail time. This is no different.

The concern is that, though the current charges are minor, the incident happens while he was on probation for other recent reckless driving charges. Additionally he had arrest warrants issued for driving incidents back in 2006 (though they were dropped because of jurisdictional issues), so this looks like a chronic problem with this guy. I agree that he won't likely do any time for this, but it is more than just a one-off fender traffic accident. If he doesn't lay off the gas pedal, eventually some judge is going to take his history into serious consideration.

Archived