Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Draft blitz mock....strange?

wilco_holland

http://nfldraftblitz.com/mockdrafts.htm

I think this is a crazy darft, if this realy would happen I am shocked.....what about ya? Or do ya ''like'' this mock.

(I don't know what happend but I can't get the text a other colour then black, sorry.......look at the url)

1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford (QB) Georgia

- I have heard a great deal of revisionist history from draftniks who claim that they KNEW Matt Ryan was the guy to take last year. Don’t buy it. Stafford absolutely has the size and build of an NFL Quarterback. With good coaching, he will cut down on the mistakes and make all of the throws. The Lions have enough picks to address many of their other needs, but no one would guarantee the #2 Quarterback will be around at #20.

2010qu25.jpg

2. St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith (OT) Baylor

- Smith isn’t the biggest Left Tackle prospect that we have ever seen, but he can pull with the best of the them. Now that Orlando Pace has ended his 12-year stint with the team, this position takes center stage. The Rams have addressed Defense 3 years in a row in Round One and now have the opportunity to make Left Tackle their last worry for another 10 years or so.

2009of79.jpg

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry (OLB) Wake Forest

- In Baltimore, Ray Lewis created some doubters by stating that he played better when his Defensive Linemen swore that he would not be touched. How refreshing it is to see a Linebacker like Curry who will take on any blocker and dispose of him quickly. With Mike Vrabel in the mix and a rumored switch to a 3-4 Hybrid scheme, the Chiefs could move Curry inside and improve against the run from Day One.

2009in53.jpg

4. Seattle Seahawks - Eugene Monroe (OT) Virginia

- The Seahawks also had deemed themselves able to ignore Left Tackle since 1997. More than any other team, the Seahawks did not resemble themselves last year after an avalanche of injuries. With Houshmandzadeh in the mix and a Thunder-and-Lightning pairing at Running Back, expect a healthy Matt Hasselbeck to have options and have time to choose the appropriate Receiver. Monroe may not start from Day One and that’s just fine.

2009of24.jpg

5. Cleveland Browns - Malcolm Jenkins (CB) Ohio State

- Jenkins was left for dead by most on-lookers in Indianapolis due to a slow 40 time. These fellas did not accurately predict that everyone else at his position would inexplicably falter on that track. Review of tape should Jenkins to be a speedy, long strider who stays with most Receivers. Even if someone in the Top 10 sees him as a Safety, he may still qualify as the best Defensive Back in the Draft.

2009co22.jpg

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Brian Orakpo (DE) Texas

- The Bengals do not have a feared pass-rusher at this point and missed what Justin Smith provided against the run as well. Orakpo has the strong upper-body needed to push off blockers and the speed to turn the corner. Since the Bengals made most of their Free Agency moves on the Offensive side of the ball, the former Longhorn has a chance to become a leader on this Defensive Unit that has been an Achilles’ Heel for too long.

09defe90.jpg

7. Oakland Raiders - B.J. Raji (DT) Boston College

- There are faster and bigger Defensive Tackles than Raji but few possess his balance and his low center-of-gravity. Interior Linemen seldom get the upper hand on him and knock him to the ground. With the Oakland Offense heralded the next big thing, the 3-year starter at Defensive Tackle could provide the Raiders with a player that actually deserves $55 million and stays around for the long haul.

2008de28.jpg

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Crabtree (WR) Texas Tech

- Crabtree set himself up for scrutiny after waffling about his prospects for surgery and his inability to work out. The tape is the only tool at team’s disposal. What we like about Crabtree on film is how sudden he can be. You can shave a tenth of a second off of someone’s 40 time if they can truly run routes and stop on a dime. If Matt Jones and Reggie Williams cannot stay out of trouble, this position will become a top concern.

2011wi7.jpg

9. Green Bay Packers - Michael Oher (OT) Mississippi

- You won’t see Oher going this high in other mocks, because his 47 starts have produced hours of film that revealed a little bit of waist-bending and an inability to sustain blocks. Oher is quite the athlete though and has the long arms that teams covet at Left Tackle. He plays with excellent balance and moves with ease in the open field. He’s good at everything, but not great at anything. He is just a solid football player.

2009of15.jpg

10. San Francisco 49ers - Hakeem Nicks (WR) North Carolina

- Nicks isn’t the vertical threat that can leave corners in individual coverage in the dust, but you won’t find a better pair of hands in this draft class. He wants the ball and gets open underneath the coverage. The 49ers had an aging Isaac Bruce as their best option in the passing game last year and need to plan for the future. With little done in Free Agency and Bryant Johnson gone, the Niners will give Shaun Hill and weapon and see if that helps.

2010wi90.jpg

11. Buffalo Bills -Brandon Pettigrew (OT) Oklahoma State

- Robert Royal went out the door and the Bills do not have a Tight End on their roster who caught than 15 balls last year. It would not shock me to have two players at the position drafted. Pettigrew takes heat due to a lack of deep speed and many people point out that he hasn’t run a full “route tree” (That’s this year’s new buzz phrase…write it down). The bottom line is that no one in his class blocks and catches as well as him.

2009ti17.jpg

12. Denver Broncos - Everette Brown (DE) Florida State

- It’s official: polarization on Brown has begun. Some will see this as a steal while others fear Florida State Defensive Ends and compare the athletic Defensive End to other failed projects. Still, with the Broncos yet to truly land a pass rusher outside of Jarvis Moss (remember him?), this pick makes a lot of sense. Denver seems to be committed to this alignment, so let’s hope that they have a plan.

2010de43.jpg

13. Washington Redskins - Duke Robinson (OG) Oklahoma Have we ridden the whole Duke Robinson thing to death yet? With the addition of Derrick Dockery, prognosticators may ignore that the other potential starters are 33 and 36. Robinson and Dockery would create a jumbo, mauling line that could create lanes for Clinton Portis and protect Jason Campbell as he continues to blossom. Duke is much lower on other boards, but Guards like him do not come around every year[/b].

Okey it soundz nice, a 6'6'' 330 and a 6'5'' 350 guard tandem but isn't it way to high for him? I think he is a late first early second round pick.

OT, DE and OLB are way bigger needs....what do ya think about this idea? I know some people were at the start of the offseason realy high on him, but the 13th pickTrading down in this draft wouldn't be bad, then we could pick Tyson Jackson, Crushing (not a fan of him) or.......Sean Smith, I know D-back is not realy a need but I am so impressed by this guy he has all the tools to become a fysical lockdown corner, I think he realy could work well in this D#system. And if we trade down we can juse the other picks to adjust OT, OLB and DE

I like Duke, and I think he COULD contribute this year, but would they really bench Randy Thomas for him? Not that I would be against him replacing Thomas if he's already better, but I just don't see it happening with our RT spot not secure. If we take a OL at 13, I would expect it to be a tackle because that is someone who would start right away at a spot of need.

For the record, I like Duke and I hope he is an option if we trade into the 20s or 2nd round.

Here are my thoughts...

If Detroit goes a different direction @ #1, like they should, then they trade up to #13 for the QB they want saving them millions and giving us picks #20, 65, 82. We than trade down with Cleveland for picks 36, & 50. Then here are our picks...

36) Duke Robinson RG

50) Phil Loadhold RT

65) Jarron Gilbert DT-DE

80) Lawrence Sidbury OLB

82) Ramses Barden WR

If all the players you have selected are gone at this point I think the SKINS would look to pick up:

1. TYSON JACKSON (DE) LSU...some say is the best 4-3 DE in the draft.

2. RAY MAUALUGA (ILB) USC... We all know who he is.

Or we trade down. No way we reach for Duke at #13.

i want our defense to be the best in the league, we get our defense to let up a few less points a game and let the offense grow in its second year and at least 4 of those losses from last year are wins, I say we only go OL with our first pick is if we can get one of the big four which we wont be able to do, and oher is too inconsistant to risk a first round pick on,

our defense is already pretty stellar, if you put a rookie on the struggling side of the ball you wont see as many dividends in most cases compared to upgrading on the side of the ball you are already handling well, our secondary is just sick with 3 top ten picks and a steal in horton, add haynesworth, and then a rookie on the other side of carter who will be facing only one on one blocking then u have a nasty front too, and i think barwin is more than althletic enough to take over washingtons spot

Here are my thoughts...

If Detroit goes a different direction @ #1, like they should, then they trade up to #13 for the QB they want saving them millions and giving us picks #20, 65, 82. We than trade down with Cleveland for picks 36, & 50. Then here are our picks...

36) Duke Robinson RG

50) Phil Loadhold RT

65) Jarron Gilbert DT-DE

80) Lawrence Sidbury OLB

82) Ramses Barden WR

If we turn the 13 into the 36, 50, 65, 80, and 82, I would be absolutely speechless. NFW that happens. I be more plesantly surprised with this than if I woke up next to Jessica Biel.

Edit: don't totally agree with you're picks there, but hey, make it happen, capt'n!

by no means should we ever consider tyson jackson, he is a run stuffer, we need a pass rusher is we have learned anything from the past few years, if u have a secondary like we have if you dont give the quarterback all day we will be picking balls out of the air all day

I wouldnt take Jackson either,Daniels is that same type player(OLDER OBVIOUSLY).:D

Brown will probably be the guy if we go DE.;)

If all the players you have selected are gone at this point I think the SKINS would look to pick up:

1. TYSON JACKSON (DE) LSU...some say is the best 4-3 DE in the draft.

2. RAY MAUALUGA (ILB) USC... We all know who he is.

Or we trade down. No way we reach for Duke at #13.

Tyson Jackson would be like having a younger more explosive Phil Daniels. Plus LDE is his natural position so he'd be a great fit. He's a run stopper and a pocket collapser...just imagine Brandon Jacobs trying to plow through him and big al!

This would be a really bad reach at #13. Plus I think Herman Johnson out of LSU is a better guard. Robinson is ranked as the best guard, but I watched him play a bit and he does tend to get beat in pass protection some.

I second that. I also think Herman Johnson would be a good fit though I think tackle is a more pressing need.

I wouldn't be totally against picking up Duke in the first, but would prefer if we traded back, picked up that Eben Britton kid late in the first, and hope Duke is still there with the second-rounder we would have (hopefully) picked up from the trade-back. Or we could just trade back and take Duke with the later first-round pick.

But in the end, I think our best move would be to take Oher or A.Smith if either of them are still there at 13.

Archived