Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need a hotel suggestion

Mickalino

I'm looking for a suggestion for a hotel chain to search for rates on the internet, that will most likely give me the cheapest possible hotel, that's NOT nasty.

Lookin to spend below $50 before tax, if possible.

Something, hopefully better than a Super 8, where the carpet doesn't smell like mold, have blood stains, etc. Is that possible ?

And no, this isn't for a hooker.

Is there some kind of catch to this ?

They're givin me some really good price options, but they won't tell me the hotel name. I advance to the next page, and tells me of several POSSIBLE hotels, but not the exact one. I try to advance to the next page, and I have to fill out a long form to register with the site.

Is this one of those special deals where you have to commit to a transaction without knowing all the info ?

What part of the country?

It would help loads if you had a AAA card. You get a decent discount with it. I saved a ton of money when I drove DLSF to Missouri, and they never actually asked me for the card once. I'm not joking. But this was mid west. East coast, they wanna see it.

It doesn't hurt to try to negotiate though. There's a recession on.

Mick - I've used priceline before, but not for driving. Just for flying. When I did it, they made me agree to a price but they wouldn't tell me any other details. Once you agree and take your money, they give you the details. Nevertheless, it was substantially cheaper than anybody else. I was happy with the deal. Again, I'm referring to flying and hotel though.

Mick - I've used priceline before, but not for driving. Just for flying. When I did it, they made me agree to a price but they wouldn't tell me any other details. Once you agree and take your money, they give you the details. Nevertheless, it was substantially cheaper than anybody else. I was happy with the deal. Again, I'm referring to flying and hotel though.

Yea, I just need the hotel - nothing else.

I just want to make sure I can cancel if I don't like the deal, after I agree to it (since they're apparently with-holding info ahead of time, to get you to commit)

Mick,

Pick the level of hotel you want and they list the typical brand names of those type hotels...

No..they dont give you the exact location but you narrow it down to a small area and you get the hotel type you want in a location that will work.

I've used it dozens of times and always have been pleased. It's how the hotels sell unbooked rooms and the inventory is constantly changing, hence the deals are too. Priceline is their sister company where you have to name your own price and hope they accept. With Hotwire, the price is already spelled out for you including taxes. If your Priceline bid is not accepted they make you change your bid and will lock you out after an unsuccessful bid.

For example, when I stay in Fairfax on business it's often at the Extended Stay America for only $47, when they offer $99.00 on their website

do you seriously not know how to search the web for this kind of thing?

Did you read my post ? It's really not that long. Only a few lines.

If you did, you would see that it's equally about the quality of the hotel - something the those sites aren't going to tell me.

Archived