Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft day at Fed-ex question

BillyKilmer

I was wondering if there has been info on this years draft day activities at Fed-Ex?

I have read in the past where they allow fans to walk through the Locker room area’s and was wondering if they still allow this?

They also have had great sales on old merchandise before on draft day and I was wondering about

I live 300 miles way but I would gladly make the drive to get a real experience.

Ive went in 04 05 and 06. I wouldnt drive 300 miles for it but its a pretty cool experience. Got to walk out on the field and throw the ball around. There was actually a tackle game going on between some teenagers. Havent heard anything about this year but have fun if you go.

Well, last year, I never went inside, I was too busy at the ES tailgate. However, I can tell you that I picked up a jersey in the Redskins store for $20, so the deals are pretty good, as long as you're not too picky on selection.

I imagine we'll be hearing about this in 2-3 weeks. As Phoward said above, there are some good deals on jerseys. For example, authentics were going for $79.99 each, but only select players. I would have bought one, but the line to pay was out the friggin' door!

I wonder what I bought then...not being the jersey guru. The tag says authentic, I think, but this doesn't have any stitching or anything.

When I went in there, the only choices were Campbell, Portis, Moss, or Marcus Washington. I went with Campbell, though I wanted a Samuels or Jansen. But yeah, $20. I'll probably get another one this year if I remember to stumble over there. I figure this is how I'll build my collection over time, 1 new jersey per year on draft day.

I wonder what I bought then...not being the jersey guru. The tag says authentic, I think, but this doesn't have any stitching or anything.

When I went in there, the only choices were Campbell, Portis, Moss, or Marcus Washington. I went with Campbell, though I wanted a Samuels or Jansen. But yeah, $20. I'll probably get another one this year if I remember to stumble over there. I figure this is how I'll build my collection over time, 1 new jersey per year on draft day.

Yeah - last time I was in the store there was January, and there were a bunch of replica jerseys, and they all had "Authentic" tags. And they were obviously not Authentic - at least not in the way the word has been used in the past.

It could be that the team means authentic as in not counterfeit. This would be a change in the way the word has been used, but so far, it's only in Redskins stores. If you buy online, the use of the word is the same as it's been.

Anyway, if you buy a current jersey with screened numbers, you should know it's not "authentic" (i.e it's not a $280 jersey).

It was OK but not worth a long drive as I remember. I only went once, it was when we drafted Rogers and Campbell. I was screaaaaaaming for Mike Williams and was pissed when we missed out on PacMan then drafted Rogers.

Ahhhh hindsight is 20/20, good thing Im not GM.

Well, last year, I never went inside, I was too busy at the ES tailgate. However, I can tell you that I picked up a jersey in the Redskins store for $20, so the deals are pretty good, as long as you're not too picky on selection.

Brandon Loyd and Adam Arcaletta?

wait, they have activities outside the eating and drinking with the ES tailgate?

what?!

Yes, they do. I hear they have this activity where you can come and enjoy the day, and then study for your mid terms or whatever the next day.

They have another activity where you can study in the morning, then show up mid-afternoon. Then study Sunday too.

(you better show up, dude)

I went when we drafted Sean Taylor. It was so much fun. A guy I went with was pissed we passed on Kellen Winslow.

Same here, but there was no option to go to the locker room like some of the more recent ones :mad:...hopefully they have that option at this years event.

I have been every time and i come from WV its worth $15 bucks in gas But I have to check ES Tailgate this year who do call ???

Ah you're just down the road.. Hmm this seems like a good time, maybe ill have to clear my day to come to Fedex.

Same here, but there was no option to go to the locker room like some of the more recent ones :mad:...hopefully they have that option at this years event.

The thing about the locker room is that the line stretches for a long way, and it pretty much eats up most of your day waiting in line. You have to pick and choose what you want to do. I passed on the locker room and did more poking around. Last year my wife and I played Madden on Xbox up in the club level. That was funny.

I was wondering if there has been info on this years draft day activities at Fed-Ex?

I have read in the past where they allow fans to walk through the Locker room area’s and was wondering if they still allow this?

They also have had great sales on old merchandise before on draft day and I was wondering about

I live 300 miles way but I would gladly make the drive to get a real experience.

Let me answers all of your questions (if I missed anything I am sure someone will fill in it some more):

The event is on draft day and starts at 11 am.

Outside of the Skins store there will be tables and tables of stuff to buy, not cheap but very reasonably priced.

Go upstairs and hang out and take pictures with the cheerleader. huba huba. ;) Also upstairs you get to see if you won anything with the ticket they give you at the gate. So hold on to those tickets. You might win a mini something signed by a player.

Go onto the field and stand in the long line and see the locker room (last year the line was really long so I skipped and the kids had already seen it the year before so they were not too upset).

Stick around for a while and see a helicopter bring the coach. (They did that two years ago with JG, last year I didn't stay long enough to see plus we didn't even have a 1st round pick.).

They have 2 or 3 organized activites for kids and adults alike. Throw a ball into the hole from a distance or kick the ball between the post. (My kids had fun doing that). :cool2:

A lot of people bring their own footballs to the field so you better be aware as you might get hit by all the flying footballs and kids running around trying to catch them.

2 years ago when Cooley came on the field somewhat drunk it was a mad house so expect that if a players comes on the field drunk or not. With all the madness I was still able to get JG's signature. :D

I will be going again this year!!! Wouldn't miss it!!!:)

Archived