Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Knowshon Moreno Scouting Report and Discussion Thread

Going Commando

You're not benching Portis and his huge salary for Moreno.

Not to mention he would mutiny, and he probably has a lot of friends on the team. Plus his play has not in anyway suggested he deserves to be benched. He just needs to be spelled. I am going back and forth on whether he would be ok with a diminished workload. Part of me thinks he would be threatened by that, but then part of me understands that he probably would like to get injured less.

The nice thing about getting a top guy like Moreno would be that it would let us bench Portis for a game if he pulls more crap like going on the radio to undercut the coach and not worry about severely hurting our chances to win.

As opposed to every other player drafted who hasn't done anything yet :doh:

Skinned you obviously didn't read my post. :doh:

Why would we draft a back that is essentially the same player that portis is. Unless you are suggesting that we replace portis.

Yes we draft un proven players to fill holes on the team and to add youth. We dont look to replace a pro bowl back that locked into a massive signing bonus a year ago.

Skinned you obviously didn't read my post. :doh:

Why would we draft a back that is essentially the same player that portis is. Unless you are suggesting that we replace portis.

Yes we draft un proven players to fill holes on the team and to add youth. We dont look to replace a pro bowl back that locked into a massive signing bonus a year ago.

For the same reason that Dallas added Felix Jones last year - to add an explosive element to the offense. You clearly don't replace Portis, he is still the workhorse, just as Barber was for Dallas.

I am not saying that Moreno is the way to go, just an intriguing option, especially if we are able to move back. If we are able to recoup a 2nd, you can still get a quality OL/DE/LB at that spot and this would make Moreno a steal. Our offense has lacked an explosive element, with the exception of the occasional big play to Moss. :2cents:

For the same reason that Dallas added Felix Jones last year - to add an explosive element to the offense. You clearly don't replace Portis, he is still the workhorse, just as Barber was for Dallas.

I am not saying that Moreno is the way to go, just an intriguing option, especially if we are able to move back. If we are able to recoup a 2nd, you can still get a quality OL/DE/LB at that spot and this would make Moreno a steal. Our offense has lacked an explosive element, with the exception of the occasional big play to Moss. :2cents:

Personally, I don't see Moreno as an explosive back.

Very good but not particularly explosive.

Moreno is a cheap portis knockoff. He is 5'11 217-220 (same size basicly). A north south runner (same as portis) and cant break a 4.5 40. The teams that are having success are utilizing a change of pace back. A north south and a scatback. So how is does this make Moreno an intriguing option? If you said Percy Harvin then I would be intrigued. Harvin can line up anywhere on the field and is similar to reggie bush.

This whole Moreno notion is another example of college homers hoping for disaster to strike and this team to make a horrible pick that would set our franchise back.

Moreno is a better pure runner and receiver than Portis, has better instincts and is more capable of juking and breaking it ... whereas Clinton usually stumbles and falls down after he gets into the secondary and ... has almost no ability to take it to the house. Moreno will be a pro-Bowl star in the NFL a la Westbrook or LT... it might as well be for the B&G. There is no one else in this Draft except Curry and Harvin who is as risk-free. Skins' biggest need is offensive "big-play" firepower. If they can't get Curry by trading up ... they must grab Moreno or Harvin.

I would love it. Has Portis's game slipped a little? I don't think so. Portis's is still young, but running backs that run a hard and often as Portis get old before you see it coming. The problem that I see is one year Portis is the man and the next he is going to be garbage. What year will that be who knows. I think Moreno would help open this offense up, aswell as spell Portis for a series or two a game keeping him fresh for the PLAYOFFS! I would olny like this move if we traded back and got an extra pick(or 2) to invest in the lines.

Trading back in a weak Draft is too risky. I rather be safe than sorry and settle for projects. If you have the guy you want ... someone who is both the BPA and fills an urgent need ... you grab him. Only, if Curry, Moreno and Harvin are gone would I trade down.

Nooo Wayyyy...We need to adress our line immediatley. There will be luzury options like this every year at the draft. We can afford to pick up luxuries when we stop trading our draft picks away. I hope Vinny stops acting crazy and starts learning from the Patriots organization. Until we are more responsible, we must figure out what to do with these four draft picks to address our OL, LB, and DE positions.

If you look to fill a need in the Draft ... you end up reaching. Always take that "special" player if he is there regardless of need. Moreno is the type of RB who comes along every 10 years - a complete package in the Barry Sanders class with no baggage or injury history. The Pats fill their needs on FA ... the Skins should do the same.

If you look to fill a need in the Draft ... you end up reaching. Always take that "special" player if he is there regardless of need. Moreno is the type of RB who comes along every 10 years - a complete package in the Barry Sanders class with no baggage or injury history. The Pats fill their needs on FA ... the Skins should do the same.

Wow hell no is Moreno a rare type prospect. There are Moreno's every year, Marshawn Lynch was a better prospect than Moreno, Steven Jackson and LJ went in the 20's, you are overrating Moreno. Adrian Peterson, Ronnie Brown, and even Darren Mcfadden are rare breed prospects, not Moreno.

Everything is relative ... in this year's Draft Moreno stands out ... besides he is much better than Lynch ... by far ... Moreno will not last past SD at 16 who will take him to replace LT. The Skins screwed up by passing up APeterson ... they should learn from their mistakes.

Everything is relative ... in this year's Draft Moreno stands out ... besides he is much better than Lynch ... by far ... Moreno will not last past SD at 16 who will take him to replace LT. The Skins screwed up by passing up APeterson ... they should learn from their mistakes.

Lynch out of Cal was stronger and had better top end speed. And did you just say we made a mistake by taking a potential all pro safety in LaRon Landry over AD with Portis already there, please. And Moreno isn't even the consensus top back. Most scouts have Wells #1 and personally I have Moreno at 2B with Shady McCoy with my #1 in Donald Brown. And no way is his floor 16 to the Chargers, that would be his ceilling. I gurantee you Moreno goes in the 20's or 30's especially with Wells running in the 4.4's at his pro day.

With all due respect, Moreno isn't a Peterson-level talent,

A lot will be if we can trade down. If we can't I'd use the 13th pick on Morena. I just hate using a high pick on an OT when this year is fairly deep with OL and it's basically a crap shoot at that position anyway. I'd prefer us being able to trade down and pick up a couple of solid OL.

Landry hasn't proven squat yet and may turn out to be so-so (typical Draft risk). Moreno played in the SEC (not Pac-10) and his lack of top-end speed or work-out super strength didn't seem to bother him. He is the perfect tailback for the NFC East ... he runs with amazing moves, catches passes in space like a WR, and blocks like a bandit. Above all he is smart, has no baggage and is injury free --- no risk = exceptional value at 13. Beanie Wells is half the player Moreno is despite his rigged 40 speed at a "fast track" workout.

Landry hasn't proven squat yet and may turn out to be so-so (typical Draft risk). Moreno played in the SEC (not Pac-10) and his lack of top-end speed or work-out super strength didn't seem to bother him. He is the perfect tailback for the NFC East ... he runs with amazing moves, catches passes in space like a WR, and blocks like a bandit. Above all he is smart, has no baggage and is injury free --- no risk = exceptional value at 13. Beanie Wells is half the player Moreno is despite his rigged 40 speed at a "fast track" workout.

As much as I want a younger line and more depth, I would be thrilled to have Moreno. Anyone who didn't regularly watch him play in the SEC just doesn't know how special he is. I would take him over Betts anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Moreno is a cheap portis knockoff. He is 5'11 217-220 (same size basicly). A north south runner (same as portis) and cant break a 4.5 40. The teams that are having success are utilizing a change of pace back. A north south and a scatback. So how is does this make Moreno an intriguing option? If you said Percy Harvin then I would be intrigued. Harvin can line up anywhere on the field and is similar to reggie bush.

If you don't think that Moreno is more explosive than Portis and a change of pace, then we'll have to agree to disagree. I am not a Georgia fan, but I watched a ton of their games this year for only one reason - to see Knowshon Moreno. He spins, hurdles, fights for extra yards, is a great receiver, and a very solid blocker (like Portis). I too like Harvin, but you rarely see an undersized hybrid guy succeed or stay healthy.

This whole Moreno notion is another example of college homers hoping for disaster to strike and this team to make a horrible pick that would set our franchise back.

Not sure what you are getting at here, but I know you are way off in my case.

As I've said before, Moreno can fit the scheme very well because of his ability to catch. A home-run threat can make people miss, and he definitely can do that. It's great having someone who can turn a screen into TD, and it's about time for the Eagles to no longer be the only NFC East team with a back like that.

Georgia RB Knowshon Moreno ran a 4.6 forty-yard dash at his Pro Day.

Moreno came down sick recently and had dropped seven lbs. He ran 4.63 at the Combine at 217 pounds. Clearly Moreno does not possess elite stopwatch speed, and it will be interesting to see how much it affects him on draft day.

Archived