Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sky News:Mexico Blames US Over Drug Crime And Murders

heyholetsgogrant

Lack of demand? Have you ever known somebody who became a crackhead? Do you honestly believe a drug like that will have less the demand if you can pick it up in the supermarket for cheap with an mvp card? I'm not addressing anything you are talking about with anyone else except the parts you quoted concerning me.

lack of demand for their drugs. The market would move out into the open and while overall demand may remain the same, the demand for drug-cartel product would be curbed.

lack of demand for their drugs. The market would move out into the open and while overall demand may remain the same, the demand for drug-cartel product would be curbed.

These drugs cripple peoples minds and cause people to become unproductive members of society willing to break any law to get their fix. That's not even counting the health care costs from the amount of damage these drugs do on the body. You don't accept these drugs being on the streets, and there's a reason they're illegal in the first place.

Look up old patent medicines from the 19th and very early 20th century so you can see what I'm talking about. There were an unprecedented number of people hooked on these drugs and it was killing them, not helping them, killing them.

Only the weak minded and scum, society can live without, use and push for illegal drugs to be available since they lack a moral base or discipline as well as self respect.

But hey just because a lot of people view their body as a temple I should know that there are those who appreciate treating theirs like an outhouse.

I just dont want my tax dollars paying for their upkeep.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, based on posts I have read of his, yes, that is exactly what he is saying.

See that is the problem. That kills the whole thing because then you can't say look it worked okay in the Netherlands (or elsewhere).

But you can't do just pot and claim that crime will go down because you still have the harder drugs, and as I pointed out in an earlier post, they didn't have the drug related violence we have when they quit enforcing their laws so you can't use them as a model for crime reduction (i.e. the Netherlands don't allow you to say that decriminilizing pot will result in a decrease in crime).

Essentially, you are saying we should do this because I THINK it will work, but what are the consequences if it doesn't?

One thing that prohibition clearly teaches is that it is very difficult (impossible) to go backwards easily if the drugs are being used as alcohol was pre-prohibition.

And that is the kicker. Nobody for legalizing anything ever wants to address what you do if it doesn't work.

Really this post is my post and nobody bothered to respond to it (I'm assuming Predicto missed, but I'd bet others skipped it because they have no response to the points that I make):

Great. First question, before legalization did they have severe issues with violent crime?

Are you really saying we should legalize cocaine and heroine?
:yes: And it's heroin, no e.
Only the weak minded and scum, society can live without, use and push for illegal drugs to be available since they lack a moral base or discipline as well as self respect.

But hey just because a lot of people view their body as a temple I should know that there are those who appreciate treating theirs like an outhouse.

I just dont want my tax dollars paying for their upkeep.

Fine. So you're also opposed to jailing them.

EDIT: If it DOESN'T work, it's no worse than now. Prohibition isn't working.

What do you do if drug use goes through the roof, and you end up with a good chunk of a generation that is essentially non-productive due to cocaine and heroin addiction?

Oh we do have a good chuck of a generation that are not productive, because of the drug war. Just go visit any major inner city in this country

sucks for them; they should've made better choices

And when they can't afford the drugs they are addicted to because they can't hold down real jobs so resort to violent crime in order to get the money to feed their addictions?

And when they can't afford the drugs they are addicted to because they can't hold down real jobs so resort to violent crime in order to get the money to feed their addictions?

what if cracking down on drugs cause terrorists to control the drug market and use the money to buy nuclear weapons and then they bomb DC with the nukes? what then?

Oh we do have a good chuck of a generation that are not productive, because of the drug war. Just go visit any major inner city in this country

I drive into one every day. What makes you think that there aren't productive people there?

sucks for them; they should've made better choices

Maybe we should set up a mandatory Foster Parent program, that way everyone can learn how to deal with teenage addicts whose parents can't put up with them any more. Sounds like a great situation. :rolleyes:

I drive into one every day. What makes you think that there aren't productive people there?

Of course not all of them are unproductive, but the ones who just got out of jail and need jobs are unproductive ( they grow up an environment where drug trade was the only viable economic option). One out of every 100 American are in prison and that is mostly due to the drug war. It's hard to find a job as a ex con.

what if cracking down on drugs cause terrorists to control the drug market and use the money to buy nuclear weapons and then they bomb DC with the nukes? what then?

A whole bunch of people die?

And we can consider other options (note, I'm not sure why cracking down on the drug market would cause terrorists to cease control of the drug market.

Why the terrorist would be more likely to control the drug market through a crack down then the crime lord's and cartels that already are in control is completely unclear to me. If there's a connection then, I don't see it.)

Do you want to answer my question now?

Of course not all of them are unproductive, but the ones who just got out of jail and need jobs are unproductive ( they grow up an environment where drug trade was the only viable economic option). One out of every 100 American are in prison and that is mostly due to the drug war. It's hard to find a job as a ex con.

I play basketball with several every Monday and Thursday. They have pretty good state paying jobs w/ benefits and holidays, and can take off at lunch to play basketball.

Is it because of the drug war or because the broke the law?

A whole bunch of people die?

And we can consider other options (note, I'm not sure why cracking down on the drug market would cause terrorists to cease control of the drug market.

Why the terrorist would be more likely to control the drug market through a crack down then the crime lord's and cartels that already are in control is completely unclear to me. If there's a connection then, I don't see it.)

Do you want to answer my question now?

:doh: alright, we'll keep playing your hypothetical game.

What if they turn to crime to support their drug habits even though drugs will be cheaper now that they are no longer on the black market? We prosecute them and lock them up, just like anyone else who commits a violent crime.

You mean like now?

not sure where you're going with this.

Well it's simple, the legalization of heroin and coke would 1)create more teenage addicts,2) the addicts will drive their parents to the point of kicking them out, 3)the kids will have no where to go, 4)a.they will go to recovery house paid for by the tax payers or b. become homeless, 5)claim to have recovered, 6) the parents take them back, 7) wash, rinse, repeat 8)the parents won't want them back 9) they end up in a foster home another program paid for by tax payers 10) start at point 1 or let them become homeless drug addicts without any guidance.

Archived