Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Demtric Evans or Phillip Daniels?

Braxford

I used to want Evans, but he says he wants to be a starter (with starter money). He just fired his agent and signed with Drew Rosenhaus, so you know he's looking to get paid.

I think Evans is overvaluing himself and would get more than he should from the Skins. Therefore, bring back Daniels for another year, and look to draft someone in 2010.

NEITHER!!!

Daniels is old, maybe if we really need the help due to injuries during the season (meaning I hope we won't), then Daniels could be signed.

Evans will be 30 when the season starts, and has shown he doesn't have much to offer aside from being solid depth.

How about instead we develop our own depth, and that they are preferrably under the age of 26? Lets try to give Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson some time, as well as maybe draft another guy during any round of the draft? Or, pick up some other DE that has shown some promise, and see if they can work in our scheme.

It's the same with people wanting to re-sign Kendall as depth on the o-line. At this point, it's smarter to sign younger guys who you can develop, instead of older guys who will always be regressing. For that reason, I wouldn't mind seeing Fabini go as well (if he isn't already a free agent, I think he's still under contract).

NEITHER!!!

Daniels is old, maybe if we really need the help due to injuries during the season (meaning I hope we won't), then Daniels could be signed.

Evans will be 30 when the season starts, and has shown he doesn't have much to offer aside from being solid depth.

How about instead we develop our own depth, and that they are preferrably under the age of 26? Lets try to give Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson some time, as well as maybe draft another guy during any round of the draft? Or, pick up some other DE that has shown some promise, and see if they can work in our scheme.

It's the same with people wanting to re-sign Kendall as depth on the o-line. At this point, it's smarter to sign younger guys who you can develop, instead of older guys who will always be regressing. For that reason, I wouldn't mind seeing Fabini go as well (if he isn't already a free agent, I think he's still under contract).

At the moment, before we consider the draft, injuries, moving personnel around and competition, our first four d-ends are Carter, Taylor, Wilson and Jackson and our first four d-tackles are Haynesworth, Griffin, Montgomery and Golston. At the d-line level, we probably keep 9 on the final 53, so (again before we consider injury etc.), the question is do we keep Alexander or a fifth DE. Evans or Daniels would likely take away a roster spot from somebody like Jackson, Alexander or Wilson. Of course, if Taylor is moved (either to SAM or off the squad), a roster spot may be open unless we go for a rookie DE (not moved to SAM) in round 1. If we move Taylor and don't replace him, we'll need to sign one of the two. You hope one or both stay out there until after the draft when you can sign one cheap based on who you ended up drafting.

Neither, Evans plays in flashes and never has been consistent. Daniels is old plus the injury he sustained last year is serious. I believe that he should have never tried to become some iron pumping nut, he should have focused on football and not lifting 50 tons, but hey that's my opinion. The only way I would have either of them back is on vet minimum contracts with a few bonuses added. Sorry Daniels is way past his prime and seemed always injured and Evans was and will always be a rotational player at best.

While I understand what you mean, we did develop Demetric Evans. He had a stint with the Cowboys but he was still young when we picked him up and we developed him into what he is today (whatever that may be).

If this decision is strictly about youth, we already have that in Wilson and Jackson. It's very possible we could be picking up another DE in the draft depending on how the cards fall.

As far as Daniels/Evans vs. Wilson/Jackson/New guy unless the new guy is a big boy, it's a completely different position. Jackson has a little bulk to him but the point of Daniels/Evans would be to get another run stuffer on the line. Carter-Griff-Haynesworth-Taylor looks great on third down, but not so great when we're backed up against our own endzone.

He doesn't really have the height for it, but what about trying Alexander at LE on obvious running downs. He's been that sort of jack of all trades master of none so I don't see a reason why he couldn't hold down that spot.

Marques Douglas could be another option. He isn't young at 31 and has bounced back between 3-4 and 4-3 schemes but he has great size (6-2 290) for LE. Running at Carter/Griff/Haynes/Douglas would be like running into a brick wall.

Daniels is a free agent, we voided the last 2 years of his contract so we can't save any money by letting him leave. he said he'd be happy to come back and be a role player, demetric demands to be a starter and while he was arguably our best lineman last year, giving him what he wants to keep him around isn't in our best interest.

PD could give some run support while haynesworth catches his breath, i think we should give the man the veteran min and be happy we have a solid veteran backup who wants to be here.

Who do you think the Skins should resign Evans or Daniels? I would go with Evans and cut Daniels though I like him a lot. Evans is younger and I think could be a good player for the Skins for the next several years.
Neither. Daniels is ineffective and Evans has lost his mind demanding a starting position w/o having starting talent.

Daniels is a free agent, we voided the last 2 years of his contract so we can't save any money by letting him leave. he said he'd be happy to come back and be a role player, demetric demands to be a starter and while he was arguably our best lineman last year, giving him what he wants to keep him around isn't in our best interest.

PD could give some run support while haynesworth catches his breath, i think we should give the man the veteran min and be happy we have a solid veteran backup who wants to be here.

I haven't heard anything as far as Evans or Daniels taking any visits or offers from other teams. It's very possible that now that most of the big money is gone Evans could realize he has over valued himself and consider returning to split time at LE. I've been an Evans fan for a few years now but he's not a starter in this league and I believe he's learning that from his lack of FA interest.

Evans- he's younger and healthier.

And wasn't he also the most consistant D-lineman we had last season? He can also play inside or outside. He's also not coming off an injury. We've gotta start hanging onto guys who perform well for us, and quit letting them walk. But, what do I know..... :(

Archived