Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Demtric Evans or Phillip Daniels?

Braxford

I would rather have Daniels. I dont think Evans will ever improve that much and Daniels has proven, even if in spurts, that he still has something left in the tank. Daniels is a great rotation guy.

As much as I like how much Daniels contributed two years ago, I doubt he can continue that level of play. He is coming off a severe injury and is 35 years old. Plus, I like the rotation of Montgomery, Golston, Griffin, and now Haynesworth.

As for Evans, I think we need to bring him back. We just lost out on Taylor (addition by subtraction if you ask me) and we need someone to step up on the other side of the line. Evans was our best lineman last year and I think with the addition of Haynesworth, he can be even better.

I vote for Evans.

Do we really believe those guys would come back? I think it would take nothing short of Vinny getting on his knees and asking for forgiveness. These guys are employees and it's pretty clear to them that there is no job security.. I would honestly be surprised if either one of these guys decided to come back.... just my opinion.

Do we really believe those guys would come back? I think it would take nothing short of Vinny getting on his knees and asking for forgiveness. These guys are employees and it's pretty clear to them that there is no job security.. I would honestly be surprised if either one of these guys decided to come back.... just my opinion.

What reason do either of them have to feel spited? Demetric Evans is a career backup that wants starter money and a starting role. Up untill about 30 minutes ago there was not a vacancy at starting LE on our team and we had little cap space to spend.

Daniels had his contract voided but what do you expect a team to do with a 35 year old end coming off major knee surgery. I'm sure he knew when he signed his contract that those years would likely be voided. There aren't an abundance of productive 35+ year old DE's in this league.

Vinny makes a lot of mistakes but he hasn't done anything wrong here. I'm sure by now Evans has realized the market he was looking for isn't there. If he has any sense he'll sign here for another 2-3 years and compete for playing time at LE.

What reason do either of them have to feel spited? Demetric Evans is a career backup that wants starter money and a starting role. Up untill about 30 minutes ago there was not a vacancy at starting LE on our team and we had little cap space to spend.

Daniels had his contract voided but what do you expect a team to do with a 35 year old end coming off major knee surgery. I'm sure he knew when he signed his contract that those years would likely be voided. There aren't an abundance of productive 35+ year old DE's in this league.

Vinny makes a lot of mistakes but he hasn't done anything wrong here. I'm sure by now Evans has realized the market he was looking for isn't there. If he has any sense he'll sign here for another 2-3 years and compete for playing time at LE.

because even Jason Taylor isnt safe... guys these guys played with are dropping like flies. Washington, Springs, and Taylor... people who were supposed to be "staples" to this defense.

I guess the FO is actually starting to clean house...

NEITHER!!!

Daniels is old, maybe if we really need the help due to injuries during the season (meaning I hope we won't), then Daniels could be signed.

Evans will be 30 when the season starts, and has shown he doesn't have much to offer aside from being solid depth.

How about instead we develop our own depth, and that they are preferrably under the age of 26? Lets try to give Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson some time, as well as maybe draft another guy during any round of the draft? Or, pick up some other DE that has shown some promise, and see if they can work in our scheme.

It's the same with people wanting to re-sign Kendall as depth on the o-line. At this point, it's smarter to sign younger guys who you can develop, instead of older guys who will always be regressing. For that reason, I wouldn't mind seeing Fabini go as well (if he isn't already a free agent, I think he's still under contract).

none of out guys on the roster have the size of run stuffers. We're stocking with DE/LB hybrids.

I think a healthy Daniels is still a great run stuffer and actually fits this defense better than Taylor (especially if we had a decent pass rushing LB). I hope we keep him regardless. The D just seems stronger up front with him in there.

Archived