Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dawkins Visits Broncos....WTF?

Number5

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=709

Word has it he was offered a one year deal with the Eagles.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice descriptive thread title there bud.:)

This is breaking my heart. The Greatest Eagle Of All Time......Of My Time....playing for another team....I swear, if he leaves, then I will always remember him as an Eagle, but I will HATE him until he retires....sorry, but no matter how great you were, if you aren't wearing MIDNIGHT GREEN anymore, you can kick rocks!

This is breaking my heart. The Greatest Eagle Of All Time......Of My Time....playing for another team....I swear, if he leaves, then I will always remember him as an Eagle, but I will HATE him until he retires....sorry, but no matter how great you were, if you aren't wearing MIDNIGHT GREEN anymore, you can kick rocks!

Well if it's any consolation, you guys were going to suck anyway.

Why do we care about this? He's not playing against us, but he was getting old anyway. Of course, unless the Eagles pick someone up to replace him it leaves a big hole in their secondary.

id heard the plan was to use their latest clemson pickup cj gattis from a year or two ago to groom as the replacement for bdawk. but gattis would have had to switch from CB to safety.

that lasted like a season before they cut him. so dont know what kind of backup plan they have now.

id heard the plan was to use their latest clemson pickup cj gattis from a year or two ago to groom as the replacement for bdawk. but gattis would have had to switch from CB to safety.

that lasted like a season before they cut him. so dont know what kind of backup plan they have now.

C.J. Gaddis was cut in training camp during his rookie year.

Quinton Demps is the current backup plan. Fourth round pick last year who played significant snaps in the playoffs as the team used a lot of three S sets, partly because Dawk is a bit more limited these days.

You might remember Demps as the guy who got spun around five times by Fitzgerald on the flea-flicker reverse in the NFCCG.

C.J. Gaddis was cut in training camp during his rookie year.

Quinton Demps is the current backup plan. Fourth round pick last year who played significant snaps in the playoffs as the team used a lot of three S sets, partly because Dawk is a bit more limited these days.

You might remember Demps as the guy who got spun around five times by Fitzgerald on the flea-flicker reverse in the NFCCG.

Panic.....Attack......Blacking.....Out......Must......Get.......Drugs.......Now......:chair:

In the right defense, he can probably still play. But if he has to cover a receiver, even a #3 receiver, or an athletic TE, he's in trouble.

Divorces and a possible HOF player's decision to retire are never easy, and most times ugly. He still wants to play, and would like to get a multi-year contract, which most likely isn't happening from the Eagles.

Greatest Eagle all time? That's a tough bar, IMO.

I think he's worth a shot. He had an awful game in the NFCCG, but giving a rookie safety the responsibility of covering the guy who shredded your defense wasn't fair to him. The drive by "jacking" of Kurtwarner PF irritated me more than the flea duck (that's what it looked like).

I think the Defense is good enough right now even if Demps replaces Dawk. Brown, Samuel, Mikell and Demps is a pretty good DBackfield, IMO.

Greatest Eagle all time? That's a tough bar, IMO.

Outside of Concrete Charlie....can you name another? And if you mention Reggie...good point, but Dawk until today has stayed....he stayed here...Reggie left....and even now, I'm still bitter about that.

Outside of Concrete Charlie....can you name another? And if you mention Reggie...good point, but Dawk until today has stayed....he stayed here...Reggie left....and even now, I'm still bitter about that.

Reggie, of course. There is a huge difference between Reggie and Dawk: Norman Braman. He's the reason Reggie left. Side note: I heard Braman lost a ton of money to Madoff's scam - cracked me up. If ever a guy deserved it, it was him.

Dawk's definitely top 3-4. van Buren, Tommy McDonald, Chuck, Reggie and maybe even Bergey? Dawk's personality is #1 but part of that is because of the time we live in as well. Would have loved to see him play on the defenses with Reggie, Simmons, Joyner, etc. He would have fit right in.

Archived