Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will there ever be another player that spends his entire career with the Redskins?

Skins PR

Because Sean Taylor dying is EXACTLY like Landry signing with' date=' like, the Raiders.

Anyway...I for one look forward to a 34 year Landry limping his way around Obama Stadium.

(By the way, if there was anybody ever destined to play out his twilight years in Oakland, it is Laron Landry).[/quote']

That made me laugh .... a lot

I hope Cooley can. For the most part anyways. There's always that awkward unproductive year or two with another team that never fits you at the end of your career. *ahem* Jason Taylor *ahem.

Cooley for sure. I sure hope I see him in burgundy & gold for the remainder of his career.

Samuels

Cooley

Landry

Brennan

Cartwrite

Mcintosh

Like this list a lot, but as sad as it would be to see him go, if there was a way to jettison the team of Saumels contract, I'd be on that like fat on a mother in law!

Why does it matter? Seriously?

Just because Johnny Toughbritches played every down from 1942 to 1953' date=' why do players today have to do it?[/quote']

I agree with this completely also. Cooley is my main guy, but the reality of the situation is I love this team more than any individual player, and in pro football, teams have to recognize when the dollars and production don't make a successful marriage any longer........and turn the page. That's hard to do, because we as fans become invested in individuals and appreciate what they've given to the team, but the reality is you have to have the ability to ignore that in the front office and make tough decisions that are, in the long run, in the best interest of the team. Some teams do that awfully well, and are rewarded for it. Is there an abundance of overpaid guys in New England? Sure they have a few, but they've let some high profile guys walk and haven't skipped a beat.

Sometimes you've just gotta know when to say......"when".

I personally would love to see Cooley, Cartwright, and Sellars stay with the team for their whole career. I dont see Sellars going anywhere, and from what i can tell Cooley sure seems happy here in DC.

As for Cartwright, i think he likes it here, but i could see Snyder making a move and getting rid of him (not what i want). just my :twocents:

There will never be another D. Green for sure. A guy who is one of the best at his position all time that sticks with a franchise his entire career. Even Ray Lewis will probably be leaving Baltimore. If a player stays his entire career with one team in today's NFL, he is not top notch at his position.

Archived