Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Britney Spears really sounds like on stage.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

lol but Ozzy is not exactly the greatest example of singing. But still, I see your point.

Fact is though, the vast majority of pop musicians have little to zero talent and technology covers up their imperfections way more than it should.

I agree. Like ChocolateCitySkin said anyone can do it even me. Ozzy while not the best example at least you knew what I meant. The Broadway point is a better one though. But yeah if bands like Moe can sing live I don't see why pop artists can't do the same. I guess that's what happens when you have to spend more time in the gym than practicing your craft.

Heck, dozens of Broadway performers do it nightly 8 times a week.

was thinking the same exact thing :cheers:

I'm sorry but that is a lame excuse. You ever seen Black Sabbath or Ozzy? Talk about running around and he didn't seem to have trouble with it. I've seen Jam Bands that have better vocals. I guess I expect to much from a live performance.

EDIT: It doesn't have to be perfect but come on listen to that. I think my brain still hurts from the $#%^ that she performed.

Lots of Metal bands run around...its even more impressive when they follow up a raging song with a slow one, and you can barely tell they are breathing heavy.

lol but Ozzy is not exactly the greatest example of singing. But still, I see your point.

Fact is though, the vast majority of pop musicians have little to zero talent and technology covers up their imperfections way more than it should.

what about Pantera? Listen to one of their ballads he has a great voice, yet he can still scream, run around and not sound bad. Hetfield is another.

alright, fake gay jokes, we haven't seen those in a while around here!

on topic, has britneys MUSIC ever actually sold outside of 13 and 14 year old teenie-boppers in the late 90's / early 2000's?

no. sex sells, and britney is sexy as hell outside of a well-publicized bad stretch. and every one of you would hit it.

I'm not a Spears fan by any stretch - but this isn't really a fair judgement. She's on stage, her real voice is piped in, she's wearing in-ear monitors and she's really just mouthing the words. She can't even hear her own voice because it's drowned out by her earphones. You ever try singing with earphones and loud music in your ears? It doesn't work.

was thinking the same exact thing :cheers:

Lots of Metal bands run around...its even more impressive when they follow up a raging song with a slow one, and you can barely tell they are breathing heavy.

what about Pantera? Listen to one of their ballads he has a great voice, yet he can still scream, run around and not sound bad. Hetfield is another.

Phil was awesome. Too bad he is a washed up drug addict now.

Somewhat fair Mark, but of the few of her songs I remember hearing didn't they always have an altered feel to them. Even in studio settings, you never heard her natural voice on a recording. There was always some synth something....

People who've heard more of her can correct me. I've only heard snippets of her hits. From the Oops Days. Sadly, the way radio is programming she'll probably be on my Oldies stations shortly. WTH is up with 80's and 90's Oldies? That's just not right... or possible!

Somewhat fair Mark, but of the few of her songs I remember hearing didn't they always have an altered feel to them. Even in studio settings, you never heard her natural voice on a recording. There was always some synth something....

People who've heard more of her can correct me. I've only heard snippets of her hits. From the Oops Days. Sadly, the way radio is programming she'll probably be on my Oldies stations shortly. WTH is up with 80's and 90's Oldies? That's just not right... or possible!

I don't see any difference from when I was a kid. 60's music was the oldies in the 80's now it's the 80's turn to get some love in the oldies categories. Trust me Safety Dance and Land Down Under might not be what people think of when you say oldies but it has been 25 years. I think that alone makes them oldies.

I don't disagree. It's just that realizing the music of my youth has become "classic" or "oldies" or whatever is a bit disturbing. Thank God candy bars still cost a quarter and movie matinee is 2 bucks.

At least somethings will never change.

Poor Superman will never find a phonebooth again.

I'm not a Spears fan by any stretch - but this isn't really a fair judgement. She's on stage, her real voice is piped in, she's wearing in-ear monitors and she's really just mouthing the words. She can't even hear her own voice because it's drowned out by her earphones. You ever try singing with earphones and loud music in your ears? It doesn't work.

ok that is a good point.

Phil was awesome. Too bad he is a washed up drug addict now.

Sad isn't it. He had an amazing voice...didn't matter how much he ran around the stage. I really wish Pantera got back together. :(

On a side note I heard his haunted house in Texas is amazing. It was so good a christian group decided to trash it lol.

ok that is a good point.

Sad isn't it. He had an amazing voice...didn't matter how much he ran around the stage. I really wish Pantera got back together. :(

On a side note I heard his haunted house in Texas is amazing. It was so good a christian group decided to trash it lol.

Who's this guy posting that should hop on AIM sometime!

I smell call out post!

Archived