Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Vick becoming a Redskin...(merged)

HRNY4ZRNY

He's a winner! Look at the Falcons record when he played and you will see he was clutch. I do not care what his QB rating is, or any other stats. I just know when he played; he won! In fact, the last visit he made to Fedex was a victory for Vick. He's no Pacman and his crime was more from being a product of his environment. The south is known for dog fighting, rooster (we can not use the word ****?) fighting, etc.
:doh: You obviously have never been to Hampton Roads, Virginia. This is not the rural South by any means. This is just a reharsh at the ignorant, non-researched excuse that Whoopi handed out for Vick on the View. It seems that that show maybe better suited for you than football.

I understand people upset with his crimes.

He's paid his debt to society. What's funny is reading people acting like Mike wasn't Super Man on the field. If Vick was there this year in Atl they could have won the superbowl. Roddy White finally stepped up.

If Vick was there this year, they wouldn't have made the playoffs.:doh:

Losing a 100 million dollars over some dogs, wow only in america. But its ok to bust a cap in a deer, and cut its head off, then hang it on a wall, and brag about it. Now thats sicker than what vick does. To call a HUMAN garbage over a freakin dog is like totally rude. Since when did a dogs value mean more than a humans? or for any other animal for that matter? At what point in america history that some man decided to make a freakin dog his best friend? Why do you think everyone in prison is not fit for society when u just offered to smack someone in the face for stating their opinion? I guess you consider that ok in your world. There is guys in prison with death sentences who have been found not guilty, falsley accused, thats a shame. Makes you wonder how many people is in jail for life and have been put to death for the wrong reasons. It must mean one thing, the real criminals are here live and well.
When you understand the difference between PETS and wildlife, hell even LIVESTOCK, you might realize where you're wrong... :doh:

I understand people upset with his crimes.

He's paid his debt to society. What's funny is reading people acting like Mike wasn't Super Man on the field. If Vick was there this year in Atl they could have won the superbowl. Roddy White finally stepped up.

He hasn't paid his debt to society. Hell, he's still in prison dude. And your second comment is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard. They would have won the SB? lol And, dude, Roddy White played better this year because he had a REAL qb tossing it to him.

If Vick was there this year, they wouldn't have made the playoffs.:doh:

You must have forgot he was once the league co MVP... you are sounding like a hater there sir.

He hasn't paid his debt to society. Hell, he's still in prison dude. And your second comment is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard. They would have won the SB? lol And, dude, Roddy White played better this year because he had a REAL qb tossing it to him.

Some people are so insatiable. He'll probably never pay his debt to people like you.

and

I said COULD, not would have...

It usually takes WR's a few years to flourish. I'm sure you know that if you know a little about football players.....dude

I wouldn't mind. He is a proven playmaker. He is going to be eager to prove himself.

Honestly, I think people are making a bigger deal of the dog fighting incident than they should. He's done his time, and I'm sure he regrets it. It just seems like sometimes people put animal life over human life. Lewis was part of a murder, Lynch (Marshawn) did a hit and run, and no one seems to make near the hoopla they do about Vick.

I'm probably in the minority here, but it's how I feel.

I agree 1000% My thoughts exactly. You got players like Larry Johnson smacking up females, every year a number of players get DUIs. Vick was waaaaay out of line killing them dogs, but that's what happens in the dog fighting world. He has paid his debt to society and has lost a crap load of money because of this ordeal. And for the rest of his life, he will have to hear crap from animal lovers where ever he goes. Alls forgiven. If we brought Vick in at vet inimum, I would be extremely excited. Throw him in at the #2 spot for us and put a fire under Campbell.

You must have forgot he was once the league co MVP... you are sounding like a hater there sir.

Some people are so insatiable. He'll probably never pay his debt to people like you.

and

I said COULD, not would have...

It usually takes WR's a few years to flourish. I'm sure you know that if you know a little about football players.....dude

Call me a hater all you want. It proves that your vocabulary, like your intelligence, is lacking. Vick held that team back. He is a sorry ass QB. He is a RB, not a QB.

Matt Ryan in his rookie seson was miles better than Vick was for his entire NFL career. Sure, the Falcons reached the post-season a couple times with Vick; however, the numbers don't lie. Each year they went to the playoffs the NFC was sucking BIG time. Hell, those years were more like High School teams compared to the talent in the AFC. Still, he couldn't close the deal, even with the weak competition.

Have you ever looked at his passer ratings, his completion percentages, his TD/Int ratio? Pathetic. He was never even close to the hype the league tried to dump about him. And, now, he hasn't even been around the game for two years. You think he has improved?:doh:

And, look, I haven't even started to begin on his character issues.:rolleyes::doh:

Call me a hater all you want. It proves that your vocabulary, like your intelligence, is lacking. Vick held that team back. He is a sorry ass QB. He is a RB, not a QB.

Matt Ryan in his rookie seson was miles better than Vick was for his entire NFL career. Sure, the Falcons reached the post-season a couple times with Vick; however, the numbers don't lie. Each year they went to the playoffs the NFC was sucking BIG time. Hell, those years were more like High School teams compared to the talent in the AFC. Still, he couldn't close the deal, even with the weak competition.

Have you ever looked at his passer ratings, his completion percentages, his TD/Int ratio? Pathetic. He was never even close to the hype the league tried to dump about him. And, now, he hasn't even been around the game for two years. You think he has improved?:doh:

And, look, I haven't even started to begin on his character issues.:rolleyes::doh:

Let me piggyback on this:

• Has Michael Vick ever run the WCO? If not, it will take him at least a couple of years to master it.
  • Most likely, if a team picks him up, he'll be suspended for the 2009 season. So, the Redskins wouldn't be able to use him until, at the earliest, 2010. Do we want to flush away even more salary cap space over someone who not only is in his '30s, but whom we can't even use immediately?
  • How will the other players react to constantly answering questions about him instead of football-releated issues?
  • Is the team prepared for the backlash from the general public that his signing will create?
  • Does his acquisition say that the team has no confidence in ANY of the quarterbacks currently on the roster?

Too often, people here fall in love with the star players dumped by other teams without considering whether or not said players would actually fit into the system run by the team (see: Taylor, Jason). This is why this team has won nothing of consequence during the Snyder years. We have problems protecting the quarterbacks we have now, not to mention very little in the way of a pash rush. Yet, everyone wants to ignore those deficiencies to sign another quarterback. Please, make it stop! :doh:

Vick is talented and would be a great addition to pretty much any team. But not as a QB IMO. It's very possible he could excel as either a WR or a RB. There would always be the threat of a pass. I can imagine lots of ways to get him involved in an offense. But there are lots of questions.

What kind of shape is he in?

Can he even learn how to be a WR?

If he's a RB, can he even block?

What is his attitude like? Can he fit in the locker room? (I actually think he would have no problem with that)

Any team that gets him is taking a risk. In the Skins situation, there are too many RBs and WRs and I don't want him as a QB. There no space for a Vick project at all on this team.

I dont know about the Superbowl, but I totally agree that Mikes receivers SUCKED!!!!! I watched a number of their games and I remember those guys dropping numerous wide open passes. His top receiver was his TE, Alge Crumpler.

EXACTLY... I see you were paying attention

***<---subjective hate--->*** It's funny you say "I'm not a heter" and then follow with comments that sound similar to that of a hater.

Matt Ryan in his rookie seson was miles better than Vick was for his entire NFL career.

**HAHAHAHAHA...forget about micheal turner and the number 1 rushing offense this year. And the fact Vick was LEAGE MVP... once again subjective hate

Sure, the Falcons reached the post-season a couple times with Vick; however, the numbers don't lie. Each year they went to the playoffs the NFC was sucking BIG time. Hell, those years were more like High School teams compared to the talent in the AFC. Still, he couldn't close the deal, even with the weak competition.

--I'm tempted not to dignify this with a reply...High school? in the NFL... lets atleast say comments to each other that are actually valid. HE HAD NO RECIEVERS TO CATCH THE BALL FOR HIM. Him and Warrick Dunn made it happen on offense.

Have you ever looked at his passer ratings, his completion percentages, his TD/Int ratio? Pathetic. He was never even close to the hype the league tried to dump about him.

<---You must not have watched his games. On the field he was a monster--->

And, now, he hasn't even been around the game for two years. You think he has improved?:doh:

I'm not saying he will be better. I'm saying that others are saying he sucked his whole career when that's bullsh%*. Anyone who watched his games weekly or even just watched his highlights would tell you so.

<---Only worthy statement in your whole post--->

You got one more time to say a comment full of hate before you owe me 3 intelligent comments. I dont want to have to blacklist you since your clearly a sean taylor fan...

Michael Vick has went from nothing as a child to something and now back to nothing. I feel the Redskins should give him a chance and bring him on the roster Vick has always been a great teammate issue in Atlanta was he never head a decent line or wideouts it was just him Warrick Dunn and Alge Crumpler, some one name a even average wideout whom was on the roster? You put someone of Vicks caliber with Santana Moss,Clinton Portis,Chris Cooley,Mike Sellers, and an above average line to go along with your top 5 defense I think it spells at least NFC Championship game. Of coarse PETA will be after it for him coming to the nations captial but this guy didn't kill humans it was some dogs that are meant to fight we have people committing more serious crimes facing less time and being allowed back into society. Its funny how people worship an animal over a human beings life. Redskins have been lacking from the Quarterback position all these years is a play maker someone whom when is being rushed or pocket collapse they can still make something out of nothing and Vick posses that. Yes he has been in jail for 2 years but you don't think he has been throwing a football in there and working out and conditioning be serious that's all Vick has and knows Football that's why there are so many great athletes from the Tidewater area they rely on sports to help them become somebody. I say Daniel Synder give him a chance Vick can't be compared to PacMan to separate cases. Vick A Redskin Let's Make It Happen.

Archived