Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: SHULER TAKES A HIT ON THE HILL (Redskin reference)

DWinzit

SHULER TAKES A HIT ON THE HILL

Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 10, 2009, 3:32 p.m.

In politics, practically anything is fair game.

And former Washington Redskins quarterback Heath Shuler’s awful NFL career left him wide open to be blindsided by a spokesman for U.S. Majority Leader Harry Reid.

After Shuler, a Democratic member of the U.S. House of Representatives from North Carolina, opined that “House leadership and Senate leadershp have really failed,” in an attack on Reid and Nancy Pelosi, Reid spokesman Jim Manley got in this parting shot: “Let me get this straight, this is coming from a guy who threw more than twice as many interceptions than touchdowns?”:doh:

Drafted third overall out of the University of Tennessee by the Redskins and signed to a seven-year, $19.25 million contract in 1994, Shuler couldn’t parlay his college success and athleticism into a viable NFL career.

He compiled a career 54.3 quarterback rating with 15 touchdowns and 33 interceptions. After being traded to the New Orleans Saintsmag-glass_10x10.gif and continuing to struggle, Shuler was briefly with the Oakland Raiders before retiring.

Shuler has been successful in politics and real estate and was re-elected by a wide margin last year in his district.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Shuler was considered not too smart and thus why he failed at QB in the NFL. No wonder he is a Dem.

I have a feeling we have got another dumb QB in JC. The good news is that JC may become a congressman after he flunks out of the NFL.

Actually, any Dem that goes after his inept party bosses (Pelosi and Reid) is pretty smart in my book. Shuler is a pretty conservative Dem if he's from NC.

Shuler was considered not too smart and thus why he failed at QB in the NFL. No wonder he is a Dem.

I have a feeling we have got another dumb QB in JC. The good news is that JC may become a congressman after he flunks out of the NFL.

Not too smart for a football player, perhaps, but pitted against congressman, he appears to be a genius.

I wonder how many TDs Harry Reid threw?

Manley is Reed's spokesman, does this mean Reed specifically gave Manley that line to use?:whoknows:
No. When reporters quote a "spokesman" that usually means that the "spokesman" is somebody from Reid's office who said something that he shouldn't have said.

When official statements are made, the source is usually cited by a more official title, like press secretary or legislative aide.

...I would give pretty good odds that Manley is an angry Redskins fan.

leave it to a dem to dodge the real issue and pull a football stat out of his ass to sling around.. moron

Archived