Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Houshmanzadheh

HRNY4ZRNY

Not saying it's going to happen, but how would everyone feel about TJ Houshmanzadeh becoming a Redskin?

I feel like our season will hinge on Santana Moss staying injury free. I think if he gets hurt our season would be over. We would not be able to run the ball because defenses would load up in the box and I don't think any of our wide receivers could be productive enough. Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly showed me nothing last year and Randle el is not a deep threat.

If Houshmanzadeh was the #1 and Moss was the #2 how do you think teams would cover us and how open would Moss get? Wondering what everyone thinks.

I know we dont have the cap room. But I think it would be silly. We defenitly need to get a WR this offseason. I want Kelly and Thomas to develop but we need someone cheap that can help game 1. Any other ideas on who we could get that could help right away? :logo:

I know we dont have the cap room. But I think it would be silly. We defenitly need to get a WR this offseason. I want Kelly and Thomas to develop but we need someone cheap that can help game 1. Any other ideas on who we could get that could help right away? :logo:

We should go after a lesser known FA WR that has experience in the WCO. The Redskins are "right there" from being at the top. We need more time. Overspending for a 32 year old WR right now would not do us any good.

Koren Robinson perhaps.

I was thinking that too. But if he won't take what Pitt is offering him, then I don't want him. He is still by all accounts pretty raw. He is no better than a 3rd receiver. I would not want to give him more than 3mil a year.

Agreed. The contract would have to be 'reasonable.' He's big, fast and IMO would be a perfect compliment to Moss.

Nate, Moss and Thomas could be devastating out there...

Well for all of you who are saying how much YOU DON"T WANT HIM, you're in luck.....because he's already been out doing radio shows, and professing his love for Philtadelphia.....and saying that he could be the missing piece! SO, all of you who don't want him here, looks like you don't worry.....of course, the only thing you'll have to worry about now, is that so called SORRY WIDE RECEIVER that we don't want here playing for the Eagles, and making them even better.......in my opinion, Housh would make the Eagles a very, very, very dangerous team.

Well for all of you who are saying how much YOU DON"T WANT HIM, you're in luck.....because he's already been out doing radio shows, and professing his love for Philtadelphia.....and saying that he could be the missing piece! SO, all of you who don't want him here, looks like you don't worry.....of course, the only thing you'll have to worry about now, is that so called SORRY WIDE RECEIVER that we don't want here playing for the Eagles, and making them even better.......in my opinion, Housh would make the Eagles a very, very, very dangerous team.

No doubt. But we shouldn't grab a guy to block him from going to another team. The Eagles feel they are a WR away from serious contention. And in many regards, they are. With Housh, Jackson, and Curtis, and Westbrook in the backfield, that would be pretty dangerous. If they shore up their OL and DL, other teams need to watch out.

But we can only worry about the Skins. And the timing is bad. We don't need to sign him. Its not that people think he is sorry, its it doesn't make sense.

IblledBnG83........Ummm, i never said that the Redskins should pick him up to block the Eagles.....like Gibbs and company tried to do with Duckett. I never implied that....i was just putting it out there that everyone who thinks he's such a bad fit for the Redskins don't need to worry.......and while we're on that subject, i'll play the devils advocate for a minute, and ask why HE ISN"T A GOOD FIT for the Redskins??? If i'm not mistaken, we have an OLD TEAM right now, and one in which our Owner, GM, and Coach all seem to think is on the cusp of being able to compete for a Championship.....i have seen NO INDICATION that we are about to blow the team up, and try and rebuild.....SO, if we're not trying to rebuild, that must mean that we are trying to win now.....and i don't see how a FREE AGENT like Housh wouldn't or couldn't better help us achieve that goal.....i don't care what anybody says, he's 5 times better than anyone on our team.

It makes me laugh how everyone on this board doesn't want us to get any free-agents, yet we only have 4 draft picks, and a team that has SERIOUS DEFICIENCIES along both lines, Linebackers, and at the wide receiver position.

What everybody needs to keep in mind, is that just because you draft a CERTAIN POSITION(like wide receiver last year), it doesn't mean that it automatically fixes the problem.....who ever you draft has to pan out and be a good player...if not, you haven't fixed anything.....and that's where the Redskins are at this moment.....they drafted wide receivers last year, but that didn't fix anything!!!!!!!

IblledBnG83........Ummm, i never said that the Redskins should pick him up to block the Eagles.....like Gibbs and company tried to do with Duckett. I never implied that....i was just putting it out there that everyone who thinks he's such a bad fit for the Redskins don't need to worry.......and while we're on that subject, i'll play the devils advocate for a minute, and ask why HE ISN"T A GOOD FIT for the Redskins??? If i'm not mistaken, we have an OLD TEAM right now, and one in which our Owner, GM, and Coach all seem to think is on the cusp of being able to compete for a Championship.....i have seen NO INDICATION that we are about to blow the team up, and try and rebuild.....SO, if we're not trying to rebuild, that must mean that we are trying to win now.....and i don't see how a FREE AGENT like Housh wouldn't or couldn't better help us achieve that goal.....i don't care what anybody says, he's 5 times better than anyone on our team.

It makes me laugh how everyone on this board doesn't want us to get any free-agents, yet we only have 4 draft picks, and a team that has SERIOUS DEFICIENCIES along both lines, Linebackers, and at the wide receiver position.

What everybody needs to keep in mind, is that just because you draft a CERTAIN POSITION(like wide receiver last year), it doesn't mean that it automatically fixes the problem.....who ever you draft has to pan out and be a good player...if not, you haven't fixed anything.....and that's where the Redskins are at this moment.....they drafted wide receivers last year, but that didn't fix anything!!!!!!!

I know you weren't saying we should block another team, sorry if it came of that way.

I think he is a bad fit RIGHT NOW. Not because his style of play, but because how much it will cost us to get a 32 year old WR. I think that money should be spent in other places right now. Maybe not a bad fit, but simply bad timing.

Sure the owner and GM think we are on the cusp, but the reality is we are not. We are still "rebuilding". We have more to build off of then say the Lions, but we are still putting together a new offense and revamping the lines on both sides. We need to get younger during this period and develop our young players.

The "win now" mentality is great. But it must be done wisely. Winning now doesn't mean signing every high priced FA available. It means filling all your needs with draft picks and value FAs available. Some times you can upgrade areas as much as you would like, but that is how it works when you are still building a team.

Almost everyone on the board wants FA, especially this year. I'm not sure where you think no one wants any. The biggest argument between fans is what FAs to target. Many like me, don't want big names and would rather save money and target a couple of value FA to come in and start right away and not necessarily be a pro bowl player in the coming year.

I agree, that WR is still a position that needs to be addressed. No argument there. I just think it should be done with a lesser, perhaps younger FA WR.

Good posts, I agree 100%. I think Housh will be way to expensive. I just really think our offense would be so much better with him. Who would teams double cover? Moss would be all over the field makin plays. Campbell would have double the TD's he had last year.

Maybe we could take our draft picks and upgrade O and D line. Get a couple FA's that are cheap on the O and D line, get Housh and go all in on the season.

Also wouldnt it be ironic if we got Housh instead of Chad Johnson?

Good posts, I agree 100%. I think Housh will be way to expensive. I just really think our offense would be so much better with him. Who would teams double cover? Moss would be all over the field makin plays. Campbell would have double the TD's he had last year.

Maybe we could take our draft picks and upgrade O and D line. Get a couple FA's that are cheap on the O and D line, get Housh and go all in on the season.

Also wouldnt it be ironic if we got Housh instead of Chad Johnson?

I love the idea too. After watching our offense digress last year, I hesitant to think one WR would make a huge difference. I like to think and hope that they will make many changes and learn, but with having a big question mark, it makes you wonder.

Too bad Boldin isn't a FA, I would love to have him.

TJ would be a huge waste of money. And for Hitnskins, whether you like to face it or not we are in the worst shape of all the NFCE teams. Philly is a few players away from being a championship team. If they get a a WR like TJ they could win it.

Sorry OP but it's a terrible idea. We are not one player or even 5 players away from being a contender. What is the point of drafting your WR's if you are going to sign a 32 year old FA to come in a block their development? At this point, we could have an equal or better player in one of our your WR's but don't know it. It's been one season. Stay faaaaarrrrr away from TJ! You obviously want the team to win, I think this would do more harm then good.

I dont understand how philly is so close. Didnt we beat them twice this season? We held them to 3 points in one game. Not a single TD. And we beat Arizona who was in the superbowl. So I dont understand why the Redskins arent close.

If we upgrade our lines get a few more sacks and turnovers. We are close to.

Look at who we play next season. I think we play 6 new head coaches. Dallas is falling apart. We beat the Eagles twice this year. The Giants lost Plex. We dont look in to bad shape.

Every team has needs in different areas. We have a pretty solid team.

Archived