Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Houshmanzadheh

HRNY4ZRNY

Not saying it's going to happen, but how would everyone feel about TJ Houshmanzadeh becoming a Redskin?

I feel like our season will hinge on Santana Moss staying injury free. I think if he gets hurt our season would be over. We would not be able to run the ball because defenses would load up in the box and I don't think any of our wide receivers could be productive enough. Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly showed me nothing last year and Randle el is not a deep threat.

If Houshmanzadeh was the #1 and Moss was the #2 how do you think teams would cover us and how open would Moss get? Wondering what everyone thinks.

Houshmanzadeh is a little bigget than ARE so he can help in that dept. It aint gonna happen but then who knows. If the team packages a player for a deal and picks we could easily deal with Marvin Lewis. Lewis would want one of his old Skins players.

Goto blog.redskins.com and read Matt Terl's blog for today. He is saying that Byron Leftwich wants to play for his hometown Skins. If you did not know, Leftwich was a DC area prep standout before his record breaking career at Marshall. I wouldnt mind having Byron to take over for JC>

I know Lance Moore was activated off the practice squad, but he is good WR too. He isnt garbage. I know Bush isnt a WR, but he catches most of the passes for the team. Your arguments was that the Saints used practice squad WR's. Yes, they used Moore, but he should've been starting all along. I know Holmes and Johnson aren't WR's but TWO top tier RB's take the pressure off WR's right?? And Eddie Kennison was good when he was with the Chiefs.:doh:

Eddie Kennison wasn't good with the Chiefs, he benefited from everyone else around him being better.

My argument was that WR is not that important of a position and gave you a list of teams to support that statement. Your counter-argument is that other teams have RBs and TE's. WTF?

Eddie Kennison wasn't good with the Chiefs, he benefited from everyone else around him being better.

My argument was that WR is not that important of a position and gave you a list of teams to support that statement. Your counter-argument is that other teams have RBs and TE's. WTF?

You talked about Gonzalez first! WTF?! I mentioned the RB's because you tried to make the ridiculous claim that the only good player on the Chief's offense was Gonzalez. And please, look at Kennison's stats from 2002-2006 with the Chiefs...that was production. If he benefited from others, he still produced and gave Gonzalez help. And lastly, to say WR isn't an important position is ignorant. Otherwise teams would just pick hobo's out the street to do it for little money....:doh::doh:

You talked about Gonzalez first! WTF?! I mentioned the RB's because you tried to make the ridiculous claim that the only good player on the Chief's offense was Gonzalez. And please, look at Kennison's stats from 2002-2006 with the Chiefs...that was production. If he benefited from others, he still produced and gave Gonzalez help. And lastly, to say WR isn't an important position is ignorant. Otherwise teams would just pick hobo's out the street to do it for little money....:doh::doh:

The point is great WR's aren't as important as you are making them out to be, which you proved yourself by bringing up all sorts of other players on the Chiefs and the Saints that aren't WR's.

Meanwhile, your overrating of Eddie Kennison (who had two seasons over 1000 yards) along with Todd Pinkston and James Thrash is very disturbing.

But you still ignore the fact that an offensive line is the key to any successful offense. Look at the Hogs. Without them, there's no John Riggins winning the Super Bowl off 70-Chip. Without the Hogs, Doug Williams doesn't get the time to hit Ricky Sanders, Gary Clark and Company during that glorious second quarter of Super Bowl XXII. Without the Hogs, there's no Posse, each of whom had a thousand yards in receiving at the same time. Without the Hogs, Mark Rypien -- MARK RYPIEN!!!!!! -- wouldn't have been Super Bowl XXVI MVP. We've gone too long passing up competent offensive lineman for wide receivers and giving up draft picks that could have been use to build depth along the lines. That has led to a grand total of two playoff wins since Danny took over. Yet, you still want break the bank on yet another wide receiver while not recognizing the one constant that even allows a receiver to get yards?

The point is great WR's aren't as important as you are making them out to be, which you proved yourself by bringing up all sorts of other players on the Chiefs and the Saints that aren't WR's.
No...dont get it twisted. The purpose of me detailing those positions is to show balance in the offense to take pressure off of specific positions. If your WR's dont produce, it messes up the whole offense. Just like if blocking or running are poor. One could even make the case that if Roethlisberger was not as big and strong to evade tackles, that they would've have lost the superbowl...why? He needed extra time for his WR's to get open and they have one the the best OLmen cores in the league. YOU NEED GOOD WR'S!
Meanwhile, your overrating of Eddie Kennison (who had two seasons over 1000 yards) along with Todd Pinkston and James Thrash is very disturbing.
...well I guess my opinion will continue to be disturbing to you here...

OK heres the deal... WE NEED O LINE of course and D line.

That is not up for debate.

We need Kelly and Thomas to develop.

Thats not up for debate.

I just think we need a WR to help us out now.

Someone cheap that can help day 1.

I dont care if it is a name guy like housh.

All I know is if we dont get a WR FA that can help next season we have 0% shot of making the playoffs.

I personally want Houshmanzadeh because he will demand attention on the field and Moss will be open alot. Then when teams are tired of getting torched by him they can double team him and Houshmanzadeh will get his yards.

Draft O and D line-

13th pick- O line, 3rd round pick- D line 5th- D line, 6th O line, Get a couple cheap FA's O and D line. And pick the best for the start of the season.

We have to get a WR that can take pressure off Moss and in the process of this Thomas and Kelly can keep learning

WR= Huge Need

No...dont get it twisted. The purpose of me detailing those positions is to show balance in the offense to take pressure off of specific positions. If your WR's dont produce, it messes up the whole offense. Just like if blocking or running are poor. One could even make the case that if Roethlisberger was not as big and strong to evade tackles, that they would've have lost the superbowl...why? He needed extra time for his WR's to get open and they have one the the best OLmen cores in the league. YOU NEED GOOD WR'S!

More than an OL? More than a QB? I don't think so.

But you still ignore the fact that an offensive line is the key to any successful offense. Look at the Hogs. Without them, there's no John Riggins winning the Super Bowl off 70-Chip. Without the Hogs, Doug Williams doesn't get the time to hit Ricky Sanders, Gary Clark and Company during that glorious second quarter of Super Bowl XXII. Without the Hogs, there's no Posse, each of whom had a thousand yards in receiving at the same time. Without the Hogs, Mark Rypien -- MARK RYPIEN!!!!!! -- wouldn't have been Super Bowl XXVI MVP. We've gone too long passing up competent offensive lineman for wide receivers and giving up draft picks that could have been use to build depth along the lines. That has led to a grand total of two playoff wins since Danny took over. Yet, you still want break the bank on yet another wide receiver while not recognizing the one constant that even allows a receiver to get yards?
I was repoding to someone who was saying the Chiefs only had Gonzalez to produce on offense when they were good. For the millionth time, I know OL is a need. I feel that OL and LB (maybe DL too) are the top needs, but unless you are going to break 10 sacks every down like Roethlisberger did in the superbowl (with a pretty good OL), you need reliable WR's that run good routes and have good hands too.

More than an OL? More than a QB? I don't think so.

Why aren't you getting it through your thick head that I've said repeatedly that OL is a bigger need?

I just think WR is a need too. Not as big as OL, but still a need.

Where did I ever say that WR was more important OL and QB???!!!:doh:

ok heres the deal... We need o line of course and d line.

that is not up for debate.

we need kelly and thomas to develop.

thats not up for debate.

i just think we need a wr to help us out now.

someone cheap that can help day 1.

i dont care if it is a name guy like housh.

all i know is if we dont get a wr fa that can help next season we have 0% shot of making the playoffs.

i personally want houshmanzadeh because he will demand attention on the field and moss will be open alot. Then when teams are tired of getting torched by him they can double team him and houshmanzadeh will get his yards.

draft o and d line-

13th pick- o line, 3rd round pick- d line 5th- d line, 6th o line, get a couple cheap fa's o and d line. And pick the best for the start of the season.

we have to get a wr that can take pressure off moss and in the process of this thomas and kelly can keep learning

wr= huge need

thank you!! This is what i have been trying to say! Somebody agrees with me!! SOMEONE HAS COMMON SENSE!

let the Philly Giggles have "Alphabet". It's not like they finally closed the deal when they got T.O...I'd worry more about them having DeShaun Jackson. Imagine how sick that guy's gonna be as a veteran who may have his attitude in check.

I think we need to give last years WR picks a chance and concentrate on the lines like so many of you say.

HTTR

Why aren't you getting it through your thick head that I've said repeatedly that OL is a bigger need?

I just think WR is a need too. Not as big as OL, but still a need.

Where did I ever say that WR was more important OL and QB???!!!:doh:

And I'm saying you are overrating the need. You said it is a bigger need than conventional wisdom says. I'm telling you it's not.

We need O and D line but thats not all

Some people are in the box type of thinkers.

I Housh is to expensive we should look for someone else, but trying to get Boldin wouldnt we need to give up picks. I dont think he is a FA. We cant give up anymore picks.

Bottom line- Pressure must be taken off Moss. I dont care how they do it but it has to be done.

Top priorities O line- D line- WR

We need to get 3 O line,3 D line and 1 good WR.

If we upgrade our o line to the fullest potential. I still wont matter if Moss is double covered!

Thomas will be running the wrong route. Hopefully a lot less this year.

Kelly Will be sitting on the bench with some type of injury.

Randle el will be catching balls on crossing routes get 15-20 yards here or there.

I dont want to give up on them but we do need another WR.

Yeah...the Steelers had such a DOMINANT OFFENSIVE LINE THIS YEAR.....pfffttttt!!

Listen, errrrrrrbody knows that it all starts in the TRENCHES on both sides of the ball.......but, you are kidding yourself if you think we are good to go at the wide reciever position....just because we drafted 2 players there, doesn't mean that they are the ANSWER!! 1 can't figure out the playbook and rubs teammates the wrong way, and the other is so fragile he can barely get on the practice field. Trust me, i want a whole new line, minus Rabach and Samuels....but first please tell me what we're going to do with Jansen and his salary, and Thomas and his salary??? or are you talking about just replacing Kendall???

WHAT EXACTLY IS EVERYONE"S MASTERPLAN FOR THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....PLEASE SHARE! I'D LOVE TO HEAR IT!!!

If we want to even make the playoffs next season we need a FA WR

Thomas and Kelly showed me nothing last year. To think there going to be so much better next season is wishful thinking.

Develop those two for the future. Get a FA WR for next season to help in the present.

Unless you just want to punt next season.

Grade them based on the preformances last year

Moss- B+

Randle El- C- on punts F

Thomas- D-

Kelly- F

Thrash- D-, generous

If Moss gets hurt we are screwed

Now add another FA WR thats a B+ or better and we will be better immediately.

I think we should get a guy who has a ton of experience, like toomer. He might only be average but he would be an amazing mentor to our young recievers. I also think Zorn needs to at least give Kelly and Thomas a chance. We need to infuse youth into our WR corps.

Yeah...the Steelers had such a DOMINANT OFFENSIVE LINE THIS YEAR.....pfffttttt!!

Listen, errrrrrrbody knows that it all starts in the TRENCHES on both sides of the ball.......but, you are kidding yourself if you think we are good to go at the wide reciever position....just because we drafted 2 players there, doesn't mean that they are the ANSWER!! 1 can't figure out the playbook and rubs teammates the wrong way, and the other is so fragile he can barely get on the practice field. Trust me, i want a whole new line, minus Rabach and Samuels....but first please tell me what we're going to do with Jansen and his salary, and Thomas and his salary??? or are you talking about just replacing Kendall???

WHAT EXACTLY IS EVERYONE"S MASTERPLAN FOR THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....PLEASE SHARE! I'D LOVE TO HEAR IT!!!

I never said "we are good to go at the wide receiver position." My point was it doesn't matter who's at wide receiver if you don't have a line that can consistently block well for whoever is at quarterback. We are more than just a player or two away from contending for a Super Bowl title. The bigger priority is to start fixing what ails the lines. With just four draft picks, the unit won't get better overnight, but it's better to start buidling depth now and grooming future starters than doing it the way we've been doing it.

I just look at the fact that Jansen's best days are behind him, the 35-year-old Kendall has arthritic knees and can't pull anymore and Thomas still has injury issues. You are kidding yourself if you think we can bring in a wide receiver and hope that, by himself, he can mask the deficiencies of that line and put up big numbers. We just don't have the personnel there to allow the receivers to be successful. Plus, how do we know TJ's stats aren't just because he plays opposite Chad Johnson?

We've been drafting and signing wide receivers since Danny got here and look what it's gotten us. It's time to start working on BOTH lines, even if it means having to suffer through bad seasons.

Archived