Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Significant others on ES

Springfield

Does anybody here have a significant other on ES?

Is it taboo?

My significant other has joined ES. She noticed that I spent a large amount of time on this site, so I encouraged her to join. The more females the merrier, right? If you guys look closely, there are pics around here so don't bother me for those. She made the observation that nobody else has a significant other here on ES. I told her that others had been "couples" on ES, I omitted the fact that they were later married.

So back to the original question. Is it taboo to have your significant other here on ES?

No. Can I just have yours?

I'm not sure why anyone would think it is taboo. There have been (and are) various couples on ES (Pez/Huly, Chewy/HSF, etc.). It is just natural that there are mostly men since this is a football message board, and in general, more men follow football than women. It is therefore a bastion of masculinity and many women, even if their significant other is onboard, don't find the site as appealing.

I lurk on the board quite often, not much of a poster though. My boyfriend has never been on here and has no interest (he is a skins fan though).

We have been to several ES tailgates and I have introduced him to guys that I have met only through the board/tailgates and he is totally cool with it.

He does look at me funny though when I introduce people by their screenname..

Archived