Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joined Netflix

buenosdiaz

How the **** do they stay in business? seems like a steal...

and why hasnt blockbusters just offered a similar deal instead of 5 dollars per movie to stay afloat and competitive with netflix

haven't read the whole thread....so maybe someone already said this...but Blockbuster does have the same deal. I've used their mail/store rental for over a year and I love it. $10 per month, I get one movie at a time, unlimited by mail and free exchange in store.

I love Netflix. Movies are shipped very quickly, and their watch instantly feature is great for TV series and select movies. Stream them through my 360.

If a movie is coming out on a Tuesday, they will ship it Monday, therefore you have it the day it is released.

I use Blockbuster. It's like Netflix, but I got an original (now grandfathered and unavailable) deal that gets me 3 at a time for 17.99 a month, plus in store exchanges, plus 2 free store rental coupons a month that can also be used for games.

I had that for years ,then there was a problem updating records when my CC renewed....it's a nice plan

Customer service was so terrible I gave up after trying for a month to get it straight and just canceled it.

Me and my girl have had Netflix for years. Netflix is starting to piss me off as of late though. I've had movies at the top of my queue for months waiting for them on "very long wait" and "long wait". I always put the movies into my queue before they are even in the theaters. Right now I am still waiting for "Eagle Eye", "Lakeview Terrace" and "Mirrors" which seem to have been on my queue forever.

For some reason, I think that netflix favors the newer customers when sending out DVDs. I've heard that mailing movies back on a Friday or Saturday will help you get movies the day they come out. I haven't had much luck though.

I've heard that mailing movies back on a Friday or Saturday will help you get movies the day they come out. I haven't had much luck though.

Whenever I have a new release on my que, I always mail one back on Saturday. They receive it Monday, and usually ship the new release at the top of your que so you receive it Tuesday.

For some reason, I think that netflix favors the newer customers when sending out DVDs. I've heard that mailing movies back on a Friday or Saturday will help you get movies the day they come out. I haven't had much luck though.

I've heard this line about favoring new customers. Wouldn't put it past them, but I've never experienced any issues with it. I don't try to get new releases too often though. If you do want a new release, mailing your movie back Friday/Saturday works to get the new one on Tuesday

Actually - No.

If you rack up 25 days of late fee's, ($25), late fee's stop and you own the movie!

Well, yeah, but it might end up being maybe 6 or 7 dollars for a movie you don't want. Each time.

By the way, Blockbuster's changed for instore rentals. Now, there are no late fees at all, and if you hold it past 2 weeks, they charge you like 20 bucks for the movie, but even then, you can still take it back and get all but like a dollar back.

And of course, with Netflix or Blockbuster online, you could theoretically hold a movie for months with no penalty (other than loss of a spot, of course).

haha what if im embarassed of the long list of chick flicks that may pop up on my list?:paranoid:

Hey there is nothing like a good chick flick, a bag of popcorn, and a box of Kleenex.

At least that's what my wife said. :paranoid:

Anyway, we were given a 6 month Netflix subscription for Xmas and so far so good. I live in Richmond and a Netflix distribution center is here so turnaround is a day. Very cool.

The bad thing is that many of the discs are scratched due to *******s that don't know how to handle them. :mad:

How the **** do they stay in business? seems like a steal...

i mainly did this because of that how many of the IMDB top 250 have you seen...seems like a cheap way to catch up in a lot of "classics"

The key is to keep your queue full. That way you are full of win.

Red Box is awesome, but i'm currently on a free 3-month trial with Netflix that was given to me as a Christmas gift.

I like Red Box, but you're a pawn to their selection, which can be ****ty at times. Netflix on the other hand, has allowed me to catch a bunch of lower budget movies that i would have a hard time finding at even a Blockbuster. Netflix's selection and their quickness with delivery are definitley their selling points.

I love my Netflix, i'm thinking about keeping it around after the trial expires.

Archived